Are those figures not a little colourful matey.........it's says "cost to Scotland" but in fact the HS2 project has a projected budget of £5 billion in total,!so that wouldn't be just Scotland would it now ;)

Just had a look and sorry my mistake, it's £16 billion so you are saying that a tenth of the population pick up 30% of the cost ?

How comes ?

ive removed the image as it isnt 100% it was expected to cost uk £25 billion, its now £48 billion. my bad scotland is paying 4,771 million pounds

the fact of the matter is we can afford to pay for our services and we are paying for stuff scotland doesnt need or use...

Bit like how we pay a big chunk of your share of the bail out debt, we don't need that.

Also Trident would be a benefit to Scotland seeing it is being built up there. Still the jobs will be welcomed in Portsmouth.

you really mean londons debt, and who payed most of it????

faslane will be a base for sdf and it opens up the west for oil... lots of jobs

can portsmouth make space for whats in coulport? i thought the possible plans were for somewhere else. maybe bh will know

Edited by Joe1888

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unfortunately a lot of English are sick of hearing how England holds the Scottish back.   This vote has done nothing but fracture the union and Scotland.

I'm absolutely disgusted at the fighting in George square Glasgow yesterday, the whole of Scotland were given a choice and the choice was made, no one is any less a scot for voting no and no one is mo

I cant believe there are all these pages arguing who does this and who said that, at the end of the day either vote yes or no on the 18th, there is absolutely no need for all this hostility over it. J

Posted Images

I don't know whether trident replacement can happen without faslane, the MOD don't believe anywhere outside of Scotland in the UK can home the vanguard fleet. As for building warships, it's MOD policy that they're all built on sovereign territory. So forget that, I don't care what has been agreed already, it won't happen. The British take defence very f***ing seriously and BAE will tow the line on that.

I assume by "need or use" you're referring to Trident among others.

You might not need it to do business but if you want a military alliance with NATO you sure as hell need it. It's a nuclear alliance ffs. It terrifies me how defence is treated like a luxury and not a fundamental necessity. Left wing f***ing hippies! LOL

how many countries are in nato and how many have nukes, scotland will be in nato mate, our position is one key reason

Three nato countries maintain independent nuclear fleets. You won't be in nato because Scotland won't allow forward deployed nukes on their soil. That's against nato terms. The yanks have more influence than anybody and they greatly value the royal navy's ability both conventional and nuclear. Scotland want to heavily restrict that and that'll not go down well with anybody. Your location is strategically strong but with the UK, Norway and Iceland it makes it much less of a necessity. You've shot yourselves in the foot with your vote winning trident stance.

28 countries and 3 have nukes, am sure we could both get information from different experts on both sides saying yes and no... i believe one and you believe the other.

for a few reasons i dont believe we would be refused from nato, can list if you really wish.

lets say we were refused, theres something else we could join right, its similarish but different lol.. i really cant mind the name?

Edited by Joe1888

Lmao Joe pal, I cannot believe you are sold on all the bollocks you have posted

what now, you pick and choose to reply few pages later, and normaly a reply is similar to your above post.. i know, i know, your the expert, am the pesent

Edited by Joe1888

I assume by "need or use" you're referring to Trident among others.

You might not need it to do business but if you want a military alliance with NATO you sure as hell need it. It's a nuclear alliance ffs. It terrifies me how defence is treated like a luxury and not a fundamental necessity. Left wing f***ing hippies! LOL

how many countries are in nato and how many have nukes, scotland will be in nato mate, our position is one key reason

Three nato countries maintain independent nuclear fleets. You won't be in nato because Scotland won't allow forward deployed nukes on their soil. That's against nato terms. The yanks have more influence than anybody and they greatly value the royal navy's ability both conventional and nuclear. Scotland want to heavily restrict that and that'll not go down well with anybody. Your location is strategically strong but with the UK, Norway and Iceland it makes it much less of a necessity. You've shot yourselves in the foot with your vote winning trident stance.

28 countries and 3 have nukes, am sure we could both get information from different experts on both sides saying yes and no... i believe one and you believe the other.

for a few reasons i dont believe we will be refused from nato, can list if you really wish.

lets say we were refused, theres something else we could join right, its similar but different lol.. i really cant mind the name?

LOL, that's Scottish defence policy is it? If nato won't let us in on our terms then we'll join a 21st century warsar pact? Joe have you ever seen 100'000 nato airborne descend on the highlands? You'd find yourselves invaded overnight. It'd be the single greatest act of aggression to the UK since the Falklands! LOL.

just my thoughts,

not the name, ill try find it

is ireland in nato? how come they havnt been invaded etc

Why would they get invaded? They're no threat? If they made a military alliance with Russia however that would be taken very seriously. Which is what you were implying.

just my thoughts,

not the name, ill try find it

is ireland in nato? how come they havnt been invaded etc

Why would they get invaded? They're no threat? If they made a military alliance with Russia however that would be taken very seriously. Which is what you were implying.

nope, like i said wrong name.. geez a few mins, google time!

Joe two of scotlands biggest employers (Scottish companies aswell) have said this is fuucked and we'll be off. everyone is saying economically it is suicide at worst at best years of depression stop spouting the party bollocks and wake up...... You are being taken for fools by greedy politicians with a god complex ;)

Joe two of scotlands biggest employers (Scottish companies aswell) have said this is fuucked and we'll be off. everyone is saying economically it is suicide at worst at best years of depression stop spouting the party bollocks and wake up...... You are being taken for fools by greedy politicians with a god complex ;)

who said that, or was it worded alittle different?

Why don't you tell us all the party line and we will see what happens. I really can't be arsed to argue with a copy machine ;)

Why don't you tell us all the party line and we will see what happens. I really can't be arsed to argue with a copy machine ;)

Tell me the company and the exact words, please. I think i know what your refering to... and they worded it slighty different from you

Edited by Joe1888

BH, if we are refused from nato( i dont agree :) ) then we probaly wont get invaded just like ireland and others.. There are also 28 countries in nato, only 3 with nukes.

The name i was thinking about was the partnership for peace

Edited by Joe1888