• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unfortunately a lot of English are sick of hearing how England holds the Scottish back.   This vote has done nothing but fracture the union and Scotland.

I'm absolutely disgusted at the fighting in George square Glasgow yesterday, the whole of Scotland were given a choice and the choice was made, no one is any less a scot for voting no and no one is mo

I cant believe there are all these pages arguing who does this and who said that, at the end of the day either vote yes or no on the 18th, there is absolutely no need for all this hostility over it. J

Posted Images

The "no" side certainly seem to be panicking today. There are news reports that Scotland won't be allowed in the 2016 Olympic Games, and also that the Queen will appoint a Governor General, (like Canada, Australia and New Zealand) who will have the power to sack or appoint Prime ministers if Scotland gets independence !!!!! Some "independence" that would be !!

My heart says "no", as I firmly believe Scotland should remain part of the UK, and it's people will be worse off if they go it alone; but my head, as an Englishman, says "yes", not least because it would mean the Labour party would be out of power for the rest of my lifetime, and I may possibly see a real party of the people, UKIP, in power .

Am voting yes, am 33 years old I own property, I run a business with employees I have worked extremely hard to get where I am. If yous all think its benefits junkies going to vote yes your wrong the whole of Scotland is involved in this debate its the only chance we will have of bringing power back to the people, there is not one person on this site that can say Westminster Isn't corrupt because we all know it is.

the attitudes of some people on here am sure will have pushed a few folk into yes.

And I suppose you think holyrood isn't corrupt! What's life like through those rose tinted spectacles? Edited by Chr15j
  • Like 2

In all of this I think too many people are following the romantic braveheart notion. Like Mel, Scotland will be hung drawn and quartered if you go independent, but at least you will be free of England I guess, is it worth it and what point is being made?

• Like 1

Vote Yes for Independence!

Everything we say is true! Everything we say will become true! Money will grow on trees, and we will massively increase spending on the welfare state through declining oil revenues. Vote Yes for Alex Salmond and the SNP (The Scottish Nose Pickers).

Edited by C556

Personally it would make me think twice if we were 3 weeks out from a vote like this and the bloke leading the charge couldn't even give me a straight reply about what currency we were gonna use !!!

Alarm bells ringing I think !!

Don't matter who you vote for, it's always a politician that gets in !! ;)

And we deserve who/what we vote for.

If it's a yes and then when it all goes wrong, I wonder how much buyers remorse we will see?!?

This is a one way street to no currency, no benefit of economic stability from being part of uk, no decent credit rating (as independent Scotland going to reneg on joint debt commitments), no eu membership, back to 2 party politics both left wing, no armed forces to defend Scotland, no naval shipping industry, no English students paying to go to Scottish uni, no higher court legal system........ Independence comes at a HUGE price that Scotland cannot afford to sustain!

• Like 1

Not sure why the bottom three dont show so you can play in this post, the links work.. All worth watching

No Camp Economics Scare Stories Debunked #1 – The Bank Bailouts

No Camp Economics Debunked #2 – Know Who Subsidises Who?

No Camp Economics Debunked #3 – Pensions Secure and Guaranteed

No Camp Economics Debunked #4 – Currency rUK Needs Plan A

No Camp Economics Debunked #5 – The Costs of Independence

Edited by Joe1888

Clearly some peoples minds are made up, regardless of the facts! That's fair enough. The following questions need to be ANSWERED in my opinion:

1) what currency will Scotland have (stop hoping to keep GBP)?

2) how will Scotland afford to recruit, train, arm and maintain it's military force (as you will lose the British Army)?

3) what legal system will Scotland adopt, and how will Scotland afford to set up the higher courts

4) as non eu members how does Scotland intend on trading with Europe?

5) how will Scotland afford to set up borders?

6) having reneged on joint debt liabilities what will Scotland do to help those affected by Increased cost of borrowing?

7) how will Scotland pay for their new dvla etc and what will happen to all the unlicensed drivers when they try to travel and hire foreign vehicles (your current licenses will be void)

8) how is Scotland going to afford it's own nhs system and benefits system?

Now rather than the pathetic lol response let's have each point addressed if possible and once you have spent your oil revenue a couple of times over, whilst banking it too (that gets a lol from me) how will you afford the above?

Each question cannot be answered in isolation by saying oil revenue as after a few answers that will be spent! Then what???

Stop kidding yourselves Scotland and stop acting like the stroppy kid wanting to leave home, coz as with the stroppy kid once you have packed your bags with useless shit like roller skates etc 1) you can't carry them, 2) mummy won't carry tem for you, 3) you have nowhere to go and 4) it's a cold lonely world out in the REAL WORLD, and mummy won't be there to wipe your snivelling nose when it gets bloodied!

Fact is you have made your point, you want more independence etc and uk had said ok you can have a bit more, now go to your room, tidy your sh!t up, toe the line and mummy will have dinner on the table for you!

Edited by Chr15j