• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unfortunately a lot of English are sick of hearing how England holds the Scottish back.   This vote has done nothing but fracture the union and Scotland.

I'm absolutely disgusted at the fighting in George square Glasgow yesterday, the whole of Scotland were given a choice and the choice was made, no one is any less a scot for voting no and no one is mo

I cant believe there are all these pages arguing who does this and who said that, at the end of the day either vote yes or no on the 18th, there is absolutely no need for all this hostility over it. J

Posted Images

if it doesnt happen, we still use the pound debt free...

without it being underwritten by the bank of England it will be monopoly money nobody will touch with a proverbial barge pole

the same boe founded by a scot, the same boe that strength is part because of scotland, the same same boe depends of palence of payments from scotland.. did you watch that vid?

what will happen to the pound with no currency union??

Edited by Joe1888

have you looked into the pros and cons? how it would effect/benefit all nations?

Yes......... that's why I don't want a currency union. I don't want a foreign state significantly effecting MY currency. I don't want a foreign state benefitting from the success of my economy.

But this isn't about pros and cons, it's about your gamble on your future, the fate of which is in UK hands. f***ing madness! And the best way to silence that argument is present a contingency....

have you looked into the pros and cons? how it would effect/benefit all nations?

Yes......... that's why I don't want a currency union. I don't want a foreign state significantly effecting MY currency. I don't want a foreign state benefitting from the success of my economy.

But this isn't about pros and cons, it's about your gamble on your future, the fate of which is in UK hands. f***ing madness! And the best way to silence that argument is present a contingency....

what will hapen to the pound with no currency union, what about balence of payments, extra trade costs, jobs, uk debt and interest payments.. how will the econemy be then?

Edited by Joe1888

cracks me up. the chancellor said again on Sunday morning without any uncertainty there will be no monitory union if you vote yes, the prime minster and all the opposition have said there will be no monitory union, but Salmond just keeps hanging you on to a fantasy that its all bluff,

didnt they also say no more devo powers etc two years ago? what are they saying now...

also has there attempts to mislead/scare voters been proved..

good support over belfast hills today, support growing everywhere

they have all publicly said no consistently over the last 12 months the only person saying anything different is Salmond because he knows hes scuppered without it. hence no plan B
You could look at it that way. Or are they saying that to scare folk?

Why would they want to change something that already works?

The irony in that statement is beyond parody.........

Funny cause if this was some shite about outer space and I said 'what a load of pish" I'd get asked why I thought that. I'd get bombarded with stuff saying we should always be looking to better ourselves. Well guess what, that's what us Scots are trying to do.

what will hapen to the pound with no currency union, what about balence of payments, extra trade costs, jobs, uk debt and interest payments.. how will the econemy be then?

Worse off obviously, but safer than sharing it with a foreign state. How hard is that to grasp? How many times do I need to tell you we'll both do alright but not as well as we are togther! It'll be shit North and South.

without it being underwritten by the bank of England it will be monopoly money nobody will touch with a proverbial barge pole

rubbish.... when you have control over the oil and gas in the north sea that gives you a very good reason why people will deal with you. if scotland has so little to offer why are the english bending backwards to keep the union

Worse off obviously, but safer than sharing it with a foreign state. How hard is that to grasp? How many times do I need to tell you we'll both do alright but not as well as we are togther! It'll be shit North and South.

how did two similar ecomomies work out sharing with luxenburg and belgium... if it benefits both sides, whats the problem??

Edited by Joe1888

rubbish.... when you have control over the oil and gas in the north sea that gives you a very good reason why people will deal with you. if scotland has so little to offer why are the english bending backwards to keep the union

yes mate, why are the no campain scrambling with a few days left to try offer more limited powers than they already have...

lets go for full power..

how did two similar ecomomies work out sharing with luxenburg and belgium... if it benefits both sides, whats the problem??

Luxenburg and Belgium, two countries reknowned for their feeling of nationalism and individuality..... I suspect British politics and sentiment differs somewhat to those two poxy countries.

I have no idea what their situation was, but that's what they wanted. It ain't what I want!

Luxenburg and Belgium, two countries reknowned for their feeling of nationalism and individuality..... I suspect British politics and sentiment differs somewhat to those two poxy countries.

I have no idea what their situation was, but that's what they wanted. It ain't what I want!

so lets be clear even it if benefited both scotland and the uk, you would still rather cut off noise than see scotland break away and do well using a currency union?

Edited by Joe1888

Well then, set up your own currency with no debt........ That'd soon silence that argument. Surely a positive for the YES camp? All sunshine and rainbows up North.

so lets be clear even it if benefited both scotland and the uk, you would still rather cut off noise than see scotland break away and do well using a currency union?

I haven't said that...... your view is that it's a benefit. Mine is that it's a risk not worth taking. Are you seriously so ignorant you can't accept somebody that's not a Scottish nationalist might take a different view?