• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I was a child I prayed to god and asked for a bike, but I knew god didn't work that way so I stole one and asked for forgiveness instead ?.

I will clearly state that my belief is that God does NOT exist. However, you can't prove that something doesn't exist, so if your telling me that I'm wrong, then I'm going to need some proof. Proof th

I've had a google and they reckon it's about 5000 pairs. What I can't understand if God was so powerful, powerful enough that he can make the world, he could do all these amazing things. He summons a

Posted Images

Hello chris, as I said before, we came from soup to human, so started small, then evolved to human, an bang here we are, acoording to evos we were stupid back then, so what about the great structures, around world, pyramids etc, theres hundreds of them, no bother for bible beleivers, bible tells us they were giants in those days an after, problem for evos, men were smarter back then imo can you explain these mega structures?truther an hutchy

I'm a little confused here, Fraz, but I haven't read the first 200 pages of this thread. You're saying we came from soup to human? That's evolution.

Evo's say were stupid back then? That isn't supported by the evidence. Evolution doesn't necessarily favour intelligence. It favours the most adaptable.

It's continual random mutation that is either successful, or not. The successful mutation survives to be passed on. The unsuccessful isn't.

I don't have the time or patience to type a post of how human intelligence as evolved to it's current level. I'm sure it wouldn't be read in it's entirety and it would be an enormous volume. There are some fantastic explanations, by people who are extremely versed in the science, but in an awfully brief para-phrase it stems from a mutation of the ape jaw bone and subsequent atrophy of the jaw the muscles that allowed skulls to expand and the size of the brain to expand with it. All part of the evolutionary process. The continual, and random, mutation over time.

When you mentioned giants, earlier, I didn't realise you meant Nephilim. I thought you meant the syndrome Acromegaly which results in the human pituitary gland over producing growth hormone. A condition witnessed today that can cause giantism in humans. I'm sure everyone is familar with the wrestler Andre the Giant but his size, strength, and weight, were a side effect of a disease which ultimately killed him.

Personally I don't believe that Nephilim existed. The bones, pictures, and anecdotal evidence has been exposed as a hoax. The Smithsonian and National Geographic haven't supressed information and the story that they have is also a hoax.

Square cube law (science) has proven that a 20ft+ human couldn't exist. Specifically the parts that deal with biomechanics if you wish to study it further. Briefly, the size and density of the bones of Andre the Giant. A mere minnow, compared to the Nephilim, put him at around 600lbs. Scaling up such a creature to 20, 30, or even 50ft wouldn't be possible for a biped especially in these hot arrid areas where these alleged bones have been discovered.

As far as mega structures go, many here have already stated some of the theories, but I haven't yet read anything about the nubian pyramids constructed by the Kushite kingdom, in what is now Sudan. There are over 250 pyramids there and the Eqyptians sampled heavily from their architectural and engineering skills. The pyramids weren't built by slaves but by skilled builders. The larger Egyptian pyramids took far longer to construct and modern archaelogy has already uncovered the levelled cities that were around them housing thousands of workers who were treated well and lived very comfortably.

The bible may give it's version of events but so too does James Spader in Stargate. :thumbs:

EDIT:

Hitler was a Christian. Drawing his torrent of anti-semitism from the pages of the gospel according to (the convieniently anonymous) John. He clearly points to his inspiration, in his book. Yes he dabbled in the occult but he was also a complete f***ing lunatic.

Stalin was indeed a confirmed atheist, as was demanded under Communism. However you neglected to mention that was raised a Christian, by his mother. He was enrolled in seminary school and studied the priesthood. When he seized power he walked into a ready made religious tyranny that had been constructed by the Russian Orthodox church. He merely rebranded tools of the church, namely the Inquisition, that were used to keep the sheep inline and rebranded them under the flag of hammer and sickle.

My primary reason for knowing the bible is a complete work of fiction is that at no point in the bible does it say that slavery is wrong. It only says that you should treat your slaves well!

Why doesn't the 10 Commandments say "Thou Shall Not Keep Another Person As Your Property?"

I'm going to burn in hell for masturbating but it's totally okay to own someone with the specific reason of them working for me, without pay? :laugh:

• Like 3

I should probably add, here, that I haven't posted this in attempt to draw out an non ending argument.

I'm not saying you're wrong, as I'm an agnostic, I don't know whether there is a divine creator. I have posted because this is the conclusion I've reached through multiple sources of study for my own personal enjoyment.

You're free to believe as you wish. As am I.

• Like 1

Thanks for that chris, but let me get this straight mat, the only way you know that the bible is fiction is cause, here........ il put your quote here

My primary reason for knowing the bible is a complete work of fiction is that at no point in the bible does it say that slavery is wrong. It only says that you should treat your slaves well!

Now chris for a man that answered, alot of questions, in a short time, you seem to miss your logic on this above statment, I thought agnostics were open an deceided on evidence, maybe not,,,, but anyway, this also proves to me that you didnt read the bible, an probably relied on a search engine, cause first of all, its was not involuntary it voluntary, people were poor an often voluntary slavery, was good for these people cause they had nothing, an it provided them with a roof over there, an daily food in exchange for their labor, chris as you said, they had to be treated well, an there was laws too protect them, like the death penelaty for,

He who kidnaps a man, whether he sells him or he is found in his possession, shall surely be put to death." ("Exodus 21:16

")

Colossians 4:1

ESV / 183 helpful votes

Masters, treat your slaves justly and fairly, knowing that you also have a Master in heaven.

Chris go an read the bible for yourself mate, your completley missed that one mate, slaves had a good life, food shelter etc in exchange for labor, it was a good deal cause most had, no food or shelter, they were well respeced an cared for with laws to keep them safe, so have a look mate.

Why doesn't the 10 Commandments say "Thou Shall Not Keep Another Person As Your Property?"

Your referring to slavery again, mate its not the slavery as what black people had to endure, it was voluntary mate.

Hello dogfox, I would say its much more than that I would say its the same cause, neanderthal man was that a man, he lived longer thats all, an they were not stupid as some would like you to beleive, they had bigger brains, bigger heads, an bigger eye brow, cause it dont stop growing, therefore the older man got the bigger an more enlongated there head an brow was, plus they were alot stronger than man today.

Hello dogfox, I would say its much more than that I would say its the same cause, neanderthal man was that a man, he lived longer thats all, an they were not stupid as some would like you to beleive, they had bigger brains, bigger heads, an bigger eye brow, cause it dont stop growing, therefore the older man got the bigger an more enlongated there head an brow was, plus they were alot stronger than man today.

They certainly weren't as clever as us though, they were on earth longer than us Homo Sapiens have been and didn't build no space ships hahaha, but could they have given the right climate??? Lol.

werhner von braun was the nazi rocket scientist, that the yanks took from ww2, who was the mai man in the start of nasa mate, check out his quotes an what he has to say about were the tech came from.........qquote he said a they had help from a higher power, an we all know the nazis were heavy into the occult,,,, il let you do the math lol

Mate man was here from creation, man has always being a man, an theres no evidence to suggest otherwise. jmo