• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I was a child I prayed to god and asked for a bike, but I knew god didn't work that way so I stole one and asked for forgiveness instead ?.

I will clearly state that my belief is that God does NOT exist. However, you can't prove that something doesn't exist, so if your telling me that I'm wrong, then I'm going to need some proof. Proof th

I've had a google and they reckon it's about 5000 pairs. What I can't understand if God was so powerful, powerful enough that he can make the world, he could do all these amazing things. He summons a

Posted Images

The belief would grow as the words of the gospel sank in IMO .hutch what did u do?did u read and pray or just think is there or isn't there a god

Born and raised a catholic by my mother, attended catholic schools, taught by very religious people and taught extensively about religion of various types for about 8years. All a load of bollocks.

Wonder what some religious folk would think if the busts at the natural history museums around the globe began to weep or Wallace's face appeared on a slice of toast, that would be funny.

Have you had faith all of your life or was it something you came to? If you came to it what made you come to it? What answers were you seeking?

The non believers should experiment they should read the bible and pray as though they believed and see what way they feel about Jesus after a week or so.

I did that for a fair few years, battled with confusion about it all and eventually turned my back on religion of any kind. Felt much better about life that's for sure.
same here

I was very religious as a Muslim, but not fanatic just spiritual. Now I consider my self as culturally Muslim , but have no faith in god, be it in any religion, but I still enjoy praying, has calming effect. It is meditation. So I feel connection with Muslims and agnostics.

just goes to show, you think beleivers are, whatever yous said, an here your are axum saying you dont have faith in God, but you still pray, your confused, or you dont want the responsibility of the beleif, but yet you want comfort from God by praying. you cant say nothing to beleivers mate

just goes to show, you think beleivers are, whatever yous said, an here your are axum saying you dont have faith in God, but you still pray, your confused, or you dont want the responsibility of the beleif, but yet you want comfort from God by praying. you cant say nothing to beleivers mate

Why do you pray Fraz, what do you get from it?

What responsibility is there in a belief? You either believe or you don't. You either follow the guidance or you don't. You don't have to have any form of belief to have great responsibility.

Axum says they get a sense of calm and peace by praying, that is only like a mantra and breathing exercises but you can do it in the company of friends who are believers. Meditation doesn't have to be spiritual. Don't start making out you're better than others because you have "found faith" Fraz, that makes you sound like a cokc of the highest order and is certainly not the values a Christian would have in this modern age. What you believe makes you no different to anyone else, it's just a matter of opinion. You were born with fukc all and you'll die with fukc all just like the rest of us, can't take anything with you regardless of where you think you are or aren't going. As far as I am aware, from personal experience of myself and lots of friends and family, nobody has ever spontaneously combusted in a place of worship if they weren't believers.

Edited by hutch6
  • Like 3

The belief would grow as the words of the gospel sank in IMO .hutch what did u do?did u read and pray or just think is there or isn't there a god

Born and raised a catholic by my mother, attended catholic schools, taught by very religious people and taught extensively about religion of various types for about 8years. All a load of bollocks.

Wonder what some religious folk would think if the busts at the natural history museums around the globe began to weep or Wallace's face appeared on a slice of toast, that would be funny.

Have you had faith all of your life or was it something you came to? If you came to it what made you come to it? What answers were you seeking?

I'm irish so I went to mass on a Sunday like most people in Ireland in the nineties and went to de la salle school that was religious enough but not that serious .like everyone else didnt do much during my teenage years or early twenties.then about two years ago I was feeling depressed and had no energy.i went to church to pray for healing and got better very quickly and I put it down to asking Jesus for help because it was nearly immediate.when I say better i mean happy and in top form and a hunger for life Edited by kevin kiely

I'm irish so I went to mass on a Sunday like most people in Ireland in the nineties and went to de la salle school that was religious enough but not that serious .like everyone else didnt do much during my teenage years or early twenties.then about two years ago I was feeling depressed and had no energy.i went to church to pray for healing and got better very quickly and I put it down to asking Jesus for help because it was nearly immediate.when I say better i mean happy and in top form and a hunger for life

When you say "like everyone else didn't do much during my teenage years or early twenties" do you mean "everyone" as in people you know?

When you are at your weakest god shows you his strength .he came not only to take away sin but disease and infirmaties

So he's a doctor now. Fraz might have something to say on that as man has not evolved as far as education and knowledge goes for quite some time yet anti-biotics, vaccinations, medical treatments and indeed general knowledge of basic medical procedures have all been massive milestones in recent times that have only benefitted mankind.

Rhetorical question for all of the believers. You or your wife are unable to conceive naturally or you have a child that is born prematurely and will not survive without medical assistance or they won't survive to adulthood without a long period of medical support or you develop a terminal illness that is preventable through medical treatment, do you accept the treatment in either case or do you believe your faith, prayers and God's will will be enough to see you through in each case as it is either God's will that you won't be able to conceive, have a poorly child or develop a terminal illness?

I'm irish so I went to mass on a Sunday like most people in Ireland in the nineties and went to de la salle school that was religious enough but not that serious .like everyone else didnt do much during my teenage years or early twenties.then about two years ago I was feeling depressed and had no energy.i went to church to pray for healing and got better very quickly and I put it down to asking Jesus for help because it was nearly immediate.when I say better i mean happy and in top form and a hunger for life

When you say "like everyone else didn't do much during my teenage years or early twenties" do you mean "everyone" as in people you know?

Yes I only know one person around my age (28)thats a believer everyone else a

Are like the people on this thread that don't believe.he went through the same thing I did ,maybe some people won't open their hearts to god until they realy need him

When you are at your weakest god shows you his strength .he came not only to take away sin but disease and infirmaties

So he's a doctor now. Fraz might have something to say on that as man has not evolved as far as education and knowledge goes for quite some time yet anti-biotics, vaccinations, medical treatments and indeed general knowledge of basic medical procedures have all been massive milestones in recent times that have only benefitted mankind.

Rhetorical question for all of the believers. You or your wife are unable to conceive naturally or you have a child that is born prematurely and will not survive without medical assistance or they won't survive to adulthood without a long period of medical support or you develop a terminal illness that is preventable through medical treatment, do you accept the treatment in either case or do you believe your faith, prayers and God's will will be enough to see you through in each case as it is either God's will that you won't be able to conceive, have a poorly child or develop a terminal illness?

Well there are loads of cases of healing disease and sickness by Jesus working through a person with faith that is present at the sick bed etc.man has advanced medically but the cures are there already created by god .man is just discovering them

I don't think it's working against gods will by advancing medically

Yes I only know one person around my age (28)thats a believer everyone else a

Are like the people on this thread that don't believe.he went through the same thing I did ,maybe some people won't open their hearts to god until they realy need him

So what do you mean by "did nothing"? Nothing spiritual or faith based?

Well there are loads of cases of healing disease and sickness by Jesus working through a person with faith that is present at the sick bed etc.man has advanced medically but the cures are there already created by god .man is just discovering them

Not necessarily, I'm sure you've heard of spontaneous healing where people suffering from diseases such as cancer go on a visit to some holy place and miraculously get cured. It's the expectation and euphoria that heals them.