For All The Fighters / Martial Artists .......

its all very well learning all this krav maga or ju jitsu, rear choke holds etc... but if some c*nt comes and lays you out in one right hook the what use is it :laugh:

not everyone is gonna ponce about waiting for the next karate chop :laugh:

anybody following this BKB stuff? BBAD shows etc.

sounds like something a fella who's son I trained with would say.

'Boxings just a sport,a real street fighter like me would just bite your nose off'

get a boxer and teach them some grappling,clinch,groundwork and you aren't taking them out easily.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only time ive ever even seen somebody march on with all that kung fu crap he was totally overwhelmed in short order by a very well known local chap of the day standing in a dickie bow outside a cl

Nah......me either !

I'm currently studying WILF CANT DO   It's a bastardised form of Morris dancing mixed with a few battle crys brought over with the Normans   Entry to this elite secret martial art can only be ac

Posted Images

Do you not think he was proficient at sticky hands ? He was very passionate about luk Sao ... I do like to train on basics and not over complicate things which is why I am trying Krav Maga ........

Socks you chat some shite........!

I take it this post will get deleted by urself no doubt......but before ya do that do is a favour n judo chop yourself......

Well that's very rude of you ... Oh and I am not a mod so I can't delete anything ... and just for reference you don't chop in judo its a grappling submission martial art :D .............

its all very well learning all this krav maga or ju jitsu, rear choke holds etc... but if some c*nt comes and lays you out in one right hook the what use is it :laugh:

not everyone is gonna ponce about waiting for the next karate chop :laugh:

anybody following this BKB stuff? BBAD shows etc.

The whole point of training is that you don't get laid out with one right hook and you are able to protect yourself against a right or left hook or a kick to the nuts etc .............

Do you not think he was proficient at sticky hands ? He was very passionate about luk Sao ... I do like to train on basics and not over complicate things which is why I am trying Krav Maga ........

he was poor on the Gerk stroke, Samual carried his coffin at his funerall......opera actor/plummer terrier

The best practisioners are usually medically connected in my experience, big lots look like skeletonised figures to them, they'll put ya to sleep with thier toe if need be...like ringing a door bell

Edited by oneredtrim

Yep I totally agree if you've studied and understand pressure points and nerve positions you can do a lot of damage very easily with minimal effort ... I have a basic understanding of the majors but that's it very basic ..........

Good to hear lads starting to think outside the box... :yes:

Not much of a fighting man myself,...but, I still have an interest in such things... :thumbs:

As most folk know, there is a vast difference in the requirements of combatitive sport fighting, boxing, MMA .in the ring or cage,..etc, etc...to defending yourself, against someone who wants to kill or maim you..
Obviously if you are a superbly conditioned physical speciman, with a perchant to have a ruck, then a well made physique ain't a disadvantage,..but facts are,.. most folk ain't ...
This relaxation of the ancient 'rules and regs' is nothing new....
Even back in the last war in the Pacific,. American GI's were being given a short, sharp introduction in unarmed combat, with all the frills removed,..simply because of the time factor needed to get them ready for war...
There just wasn't enough time to allow them to go up through the grades, kinda thing...
Martial Arts has evolved to meet todays requirements and I do believe it will continue to evolve.
Sadly, it will be without oldies like me... :laugh:

All the best, Phil.

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 2

Maybe come full circle?

Traditional martial arts do have a lot of ritual etc,it's obviously not the most functional use of time,but it's not imo entirely pointless.

now you have 'real' combative arts,were everything is so 'deadly' you can never test if any of it actually works,let alone drill yourself to use the techniques at full force when under pressure.

im looking forward to training in bokator with sarin ryu pictured below.. i think hes only about 22 but he was trained directly under grand master san kim sean the only surviving bokator master after the cambodia civil war/genocide

post-53144-0-89541000-1406456390_thumb.jpg

For me the whole point of Martial Arts training is been comfortable in the uncomfortable

Seen people receiving their black belts after however long it took 4/5 years, physically capable of doing all the moves and fit enough for the grading but mentally if put into stressful situation would just curl up in a ball,

The body can't function without the head space been right too

• Like 2

That looks a bit like muay boran or silat,some very good clinch and covering drills in them.

I was sparring with a silat lad the other day,cannot get the best of them by striking alone,they just shut you down.

I was at wee freestyle do at the beginning of the week and one of the lads that impressed me fought using Krav Maga style ... He didn't add or use anything else and to be honest he did pretty well ... I had a chat with him after the event and he had only been training krav for about a year and although he had studied other disciplines he wanted to see how far he could go on one style ... I decided to go up to the club local to me to see the training regime and I was very impressed ... had been looking for another style to study later on this year and I think I will give this a spin .... Any of you lads out there had any experience of Krav Maga ..........

:laugh::laugh: :laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Seen people who train in mma get put in a real life situation and they done f**k all. Suppose some people aren't the types to ever get into fights growing up ect and not got any experience so its handy. Months back watched two fully grown men attempt to have a fight. Most the people watching was just laughing it was so pathetic. To be honest these days it's hardly ever a fair fight anyway. You get in an argument with a bloke in the pub and youd probably get bottled from behind and jumped by his mates who think their hard after a drink. Failing that most people don't give a shit about a few years inside even over something pathetic and would rather stab you than loose face.

Spot on dare, I was involved in martial arts years ago and there were many gifted practitioners, the guys who looked shit hot at demonstrations etc but weren't to keen on the physical side of things. The right attitude with the capabilities have all got to come together.