For All The Fighters / Martial Artists .......

I read that twice redtrim,is the answer in there somewhere and I've missed it?

Thai boxers and silat people train for elbow to the temple,probably a lot more besides.

I'll have one last go,what would happen if an internal martial arts man like the one you know fought a good jujitsu lad all in,i.e no rules no rounds?

Do they train for it in this country, whereabouts?

Like the one i know??...i ain't too intrested in who will win what to be truthful with ya, each will have thier achilees heel...i've seen a dickie-bow wearer murdered by thai transvestite and had me arms broken thru thinking i was more powerful than me much smaller opponent...would the same happen again if i could reverse time...no cause i befriended him and learnt his trick.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only time ive ever even seen somebody march on with all that kung fu crap he was totally overwhelmed in short order by a very well known local chap of the day standing in a dickie bow outside a cl

Nah......me either !

I'm currently studying WILF CANT DO   It's a bastardised form of Morris dancing mixed with a few battle crys brought over with the Normans   Entry to this elite secret martial art can only be ac

Posted Images

Genuine question, has anyone ever seen a Kung fu dude genuinely knock the living f**k out of just a bog standard rough old boy?.........maybe I have lived a sheltered life but some of the roughest fuckers I have ever met never did a days training at anything, they just didn't give a f**k?

I genuinely like the idea of dedicating yourself to something, forget the fighting bit, it's the sense of personal pride in dedicating to something that I think is the best.

The only time ive ever even seen somebody march on with all that kung fu crap he was totally overwhelmed in short order by a very well known local chap of the day standing in a dickie bow outside a club who no longer trained at all...........anyone whos spent time regularly having to draw hands for any reason knows the score,people for generations have been coming out with new killer ideas and techniques the reality is a fit strong aggressive rugged guy who can give and absorb punishment who has a good basic understanding of athletic movement is going to power through virtually anything these " arts " have to offer.

To me these martial arts are probably a whole lot of fun just as long as you dont get all brainwashed into thinking you can use them in a fight with a man who is not playing by the same rules you are.

It reminds me of a site forman I used to work for years ago........he was well known to be a black belt in karate, but on the way to work one morning, he was floored with one punch in a road rage incident......when asked why he hadn't used his 'moves', he said he didn't have time lol

Thai boxers and silat people train for elbow to the temple,probably a lot more besides.

I'll have one last go,what would happen if an internal martial arts man like the one you know fought a good jujitsu lad all in,i.e no rules no rounds?

Do any forum members know anywhere in this country where elbows to temple/eye sockets/ear drums/collar bones can be used...only 'used' please, i dont require address's for simulation.

WILF, on 29 Jul 2014 - 01:08 AM, said:snapback.png

Genuine question, has anyone ever seen a Kung fu dude genuinely knock the living f**k out of just a bog standard rough old boy?.........maybe I have lived a sheltered life but some of the roughest fuckers I have ever met never did a days training at anything, they just didn't give a f**k?

I genuinely like the idea of dedicating yourself to something, forget the fighting bit, it's the sense of personal pride in dedicating to something that I think is the best.

Your question is a bit skewed Wilfredo, i think the ultimate aim of the kung fu game is to come out the other side a more complete person, the answers on this forum are made from western peoples thinking...ask yourself how many chinks have been rowing with thier nieghbours for having the music blareing away. Couple the answer to that with the possibility that the rough olde boy was in actual fact probably well sound..the chances of the two having a knock-up would be slim...if they did i'd think one of em would be a pretender...and whilst thier are plenty of willing/gagging jackie chans out there there are also plenty of folk willing to enroll for rough olde boy of the yr simply by dint of having f**k all else after failing to find a female that will stay near them.

• Like 1

I'm like a few others....f***ing lost on this thread. Am I right in thinking that some folk are saying "the tough old bloke down the road"....will compete against a 'trained fighter" in a one on one square go?? Surely not!!!

On the other hand you can train all you like but if someone wants to put one right on your chin without warning there's f**k all you can do about it.

As for Krav Maga...my girls brother does it. Seems to enjoy it....no rules kinda stuff. Always telling me stuff about knife control. I'm not sure what part "please don't stab me" comes into it...lol

I'm like a few others....f*****g lost on this thread. Am I right in thinking that some folk are saying "the tough old bloke down the road"....will compete against a 'trained fighter" in a one on one square go?? Surely not!!!

On the other hand you can train all you like but if someone wants to put one right on your chin without warning there's f**k all you can do about it.

As for Krav Maga...my girls brother does it. Seems to enjoy it....no rules kinda stuff. Always telling me stuff about knife control. I'm not sure what part "please don't stab me" comes into it...lol

i think what's being said is, unless you have a fighting heart/mind, then all the fancy moves in the world aint going to help you if it kicks off outside the comfort of the gym/dojo. there's a great difference in sparring with like minded folk and having a great big aggressive fighting man bearing down on you who couldn't care what colour belt holds up you trousers...

Yokel.

• Like 2

I'm like a few others....f*****g lost on this thread. Am I right in thinking that some folk are saying "the tough old bloke down the road"....will compete against a 'trained fighter" in a one on one square go?? Surely not!!!

i think what's being said is, unless you have a fighting heart/mind, then all the fancy moves in the world aint going to help you if it kicks off outside the comfort of the gym/dojo. there's a great difference in sparring with like minded folk and having a great big aggressive fighting man bearing down on you who couldn't care what colour belt holds up you trousers...

Yokel.

I suppose that's the difference in just learning a martial art and actually competing in stuff. There's plenty folk out there who have black belts etc in stuff that really can't handle themselves in an actual fight situation.

I'd exclude most off the guys in the higher levels of mma.....there basically the tough guys with added training.

• Like 1

I wasn't there to see it but remember the story of my mates dad (family of boxers and used to run the boxing gym) hes a f***ing headcase and was a bouncer at the local club! dont know the full story but the local karate kid sensei black belt fwcker got abit chopy after being told to leave... before he knew it he was knocked clean out and thrown from the top of a flight of stairs! i remember seeing his face a couple days later when i passed him in town, a f***ing mess and he only had one smack! :laugh:

The only time ive ever even seen somebody march on with all that kung fu crap he was totally overwhelmed in short order by a very well known local chap of the day standing in a dickie bow outside a club who no longer trained at all...........anyone whos spent time regularly having to draw hands for any reason knows the score,people for generations have been coming out with new killer ideas and techniques the reality is a fit strong aggressive rugged guy who can give and absorb punishment who has a good basic understanding of athletic movement is going to power through virtually anything these " arts " have to offer.

To me these martial arts are probably a whole lot of fun just as long as you dont get all brainwashed into thinking you can use them in a fight with a man who is not playing by the same rules you are.

a lad from plymouth who's never really trained fought a world renowned martial artist on sky in the cage and drew, was a good fight tbh and the lads on here so he may pop up

Bart Vale proved you don't need to be a wanna be bruce lee to mix it in the ring. The man was a fcukin animal. Just sheer brute force and a forehead like concrete. Couple that with being built like man mountain and most will fold under his relentless pressure.

Like the one i know??...i ain't too intrested in who will win what to be truthful with ya, each will have thier achilees heel...i've seen a dickie-bow wearer murdered by thai transvestite and had me arms broken thru thinking i was more powerful than me much smaller opponent...would the same happen again if i could reverse time...no cause i befriended him and learnt his trick.

every muay thai gym that competes will do,full contact elbows to any part of the head are legal in class A and B I think.

If you really want a gym that trains them try bad company in leeds,probably the best in this country.

I'm just curious about the allure of these mystical arts if they don't work against other fighters.

'every muay thai gym that competes will do,full contact elbows to any part of the head are legal in class A and B I think'.

You think....me legal eagles are telling me very very seldom but very very often back in the motherland....apparently that's why with yrs of allowed use under the bridge every variation of execution have been explored and trained for....wonder if thats unique to the thai people and other people are simply too dopey to sit and think why dont we practise elbows in the interval.....or maybe they do.

'I'm just curious about the allure of these mystical arts if they don't work against other fighters'.

When did you establish this ^ exactly (have you got a wiki page set up yet)....i think you might be getting a bit too drunk on other fighters r kid, the rough old boy knocking jackie sparklers is not unique, some rough old boys have knockt some professional boxers red rotten. Mystical is what the chinks might imply, they're allowed an opinion....bit like you.

I'm just curious about the allure of these mystical arts if they don't work against other fighters.

Neems i think you have it pretty much bang on......the beginnings of mma as a sport were to see " what worked " in a real but controlled situation......ok it became too commercial and got toned down with too many rules but i did read somewhere that since the start of the ufc organisation,of all the stoppages be it ko/tko/sub.... strikes accounts for nearly 70% of stoppages compared to around 30 % submissions.......................ok some of these are going to be kicks or whatever but the vast majority are going to be from punches,which in a sport that calls itself mixed martial arts and has nothing really to do with boxing i think that says a lot about what works in a straightener..............regardless what becomes popular theres still a lot to be said for the correct delivery of a punch.

Lets face it if ol Mr Miyagi,s wax on wax off philosophy had been effective it would be used ........and its not.........not to mention every gym in the land would supply chamois leathers....and they dont :D

• Like 3

Chamois leather........haha......genuinely made me chuckle that one.

As an aside, I always love "fighting" threads........it's seems to tap into everyone's inner Rambo !! Lol lol

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1

I can absolutely confirm class A fighter in the the UK allow elbows full contact to the head,I believe some shows insist they don't throw to the back of the head or nape of the neck.

but that's just full contact,in lot's of styles they practice in a much more controlled way,silat,muay boran,muay thai and jujitsu were i've trained all practice elbows to the head to some degree.