Why Not A Dog Show .......

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With the success of the fishing competition in only its second year why don't we as a collective organise a decent dog show come mini game fair ... We have plenty of dog men ferret men ... Shooters ..

The boxing ring next to the beer tent lol

any profits to go into a fighting fund for anybody harassed by rspca...........

Ok so we would need people to head up the following .....

Lurchers/Terriers

Ferrets

Bop

Fishing

Clay pigeon

Air rifle

Catapult

Stalls/food/drinks

Entertainment/camping

Anything I have missed ........

Dont forget the little cage & aviary birds :icon_redface: .......best section on here in my opinion.

Ah forgot about them ... Yes the ferrets will need a snack at some,stage through the day .......

• Like 3

Cake and arse party :laugh: Sounds like a good idea Ken,deffo take a lot more organising than a fishing match though....maybe best get rid of your ugly potlicker and get a decent looking dog just in case :whistling::laugh:

Deffo feasible, but sounds like a lot more organising than a fishing comp....

Only thought I'd have is to organise it for May/June so those in the game industry haven't got birds to mind.

yeah cause organising a fishing comp is piss easy....... :whistling: i had more stress building up to last years then ever in my life lol its the worrying it will go alright and that everyone would be happy and that was for only 30ish people on here, never mind the whole f***ing site......... :laugh::laugh:

its a nice thought and if you can pull it off then fair play but maybe a better idea is to ask someone like EDRD if you could do a few THL members classes at their show for the first year and donate all the entry fees to charity.......... :hmm:

thats just my opinion tho and i wish any of you trying to get it up and running good luck........ :victory:

• Like 4

To organise and successfully run a dog show, let alone a game fair, or even a "mini" game fair, is a massive undertaking ! Land needs to be provided, funds up front, insurance, permission from local authorities, etc. When we turn up and pay our pound to enter our dog, we haven't seen the work that has gone into the show previously.

Far better, I would say, is to talk to the people who already run shows and game fairs and ask if THL can put on some classes and side shows where all money would go to charity, in the name of THL and the show/fair involved; everyone's a winner, the organisation is already in place and we supply the enteries !!

Deffo feasible, but sounds like a lot more organising than a fishing comp....

Only thought I'd have is to organise it for May/June so those in the game industry haven't got birds to mind.

That's why we would have to have a committee with each person looking after a section of the game fair with one person in over all charge to bring it all together .........

It can be done Moochers had a weekend in Derbyshire a few years back that was excellent, and well supported.

My first suggestion is decide where any profits are going FIRST,lost count of shows and clubs that start off brilliantly the money gets totted up and every man and his dog has a different idea on how to spend whats been made

Y.I.S Leeview

Edited by Leeview
  • Like 2

To organise and successfully run a dog show, let alone a game fair, or even a "mini" game fair, is a massive undertaking ! Land needs to be provided, funds up front, insurance, permission from local authorities, etc. When we turn up and pay our pound to enter our dog, we haven't seen the work that has gone into the show previously.

Far better, I would say, is to talk to the people who already run shows and game fairs and ask if THL can put on some classes and side shows where all money would go to charity, in the name of THL and the show/fair involved; everyone's a winner, the organisation is already in place and we supply the enteries !!

:thumbs::thumbs:

. Lol who do you think runs all the shows on the gamefair and shows section on here

. Lol who do you think runs all the shows on the gamefair and shows section on here

I know who runs some of the shows/game fairs, and as I say, it's a massive job, why do you think that is funny ? I only made what I thought was a decent suggestion. Your reply shows just how hard it would be to get people to organise a show/game fair from scratch.