Why Not A Dog Show .......

With the success of the fishing competition in only its second year why don't we as a collective organise a decent dog show come mini game fair ... We have plenty of dog men ferret men ... Shooters ... Bop lads and fishermen with plenty of knowledge to get this off the ground ... Dog shows ... Clay pigeon shooting ... Catapult range ... Air rifle range ... Fly casting competition ... Birds of prey ... Simulated coursing etc .... It could be pitched at a working mans price and the profits to a charity .....

Just an idea I had ... Do you reckon its feasible ? A proper committee would obviously have to be set up so that it didn't turn into a cake and arse party ...........

• Like 17

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With the success of the fishing competition in only its second year why don't we as a collective organise a decent dog show come mini game fair ... We have plenty of dog men ferret men ... Shooters ..

The boxing ring next to the beer tent lol

any profits to go into a fighting fund for anybody harassed by rspca...........

Deffo feasible, but sounds like a lot more organising than a fishing comp....

Only thought I'd have is to organise it for May/June so those in the game industry haven't got birds to mind.

That's why we would have to have a committee with each person looking after a section of the game fair with one person in over all charge to bring it all together .........

Cake and arse party :laugh: Sounds like a good idea Ken,deffo take a lot more organising than a fishing match though....maybe best get rid of your ugly potlicker and get a decent looking dog just in case :whistling::laugh:

I never show my dogs they win all their prizes in the field ...... :D

• Like 1

Deffo feasible, but sounds like a lot more organising than a fishing comp....

Only thought I'd have is to organise it for May/June so those in the game industry haven't got birds to mind.

That's why we would have to have a committee with each person looking after a section of the game fair with one person in over all charge to bring it all together .........

Good idea sock's very good of you to volunteer to organise it.

TC

• Like 5

Ok so we would need people to head up the following .....

Lurchers/Terriers

Ferrets

Bop

Fishing

Clay pigeon

Air rifle

Catapult

Stalls/food/drinks

Entertainment/camping

Anything I have missed ........