The Fell Terrier

Well back at work now at the game farm so to pass a bit time at night have started reading a few books i havent read in a while,finished The fell terrier again and got me thinking how many of the blokes in it are still going and still digging and if there was any ill feeling when the book first came out like books of today when it seems that someone will do an interview then author write the book and loads say wish they hadnt put there name in the book.

• Like 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He tried, 'spose you got to give him credit for that!   The Fell Terrier cannot ever be repeated, times have moved on, things change and that book was snap-shot of an era that,today, seems so long

It's the best book plummer ever did IMO....it's a classic when all's said and done. History, I bet lots of men in that book are now passed away.

Yynsnor......Terriers of this type all over the Lakes....Still get this type poppin' up Terrain,usually dictates where Terriers end up Similiar build and Traits ,will always end up in the Hands of

Posted Images

It's the best book plummer ever did IMO....it's a classic when all's said and done. History, I bet lots of men in that book are now passed away.

. The book its self is a great read but artistic licence took over a bit but its still my favorite , just a pity he was turned away by a few and there knowledge and Stories were lost
  • Like 2

Flawed yes but as a whole, a work of brilliance.

I think, though, if a fellow digging man had have done that book it would have easily made two volumes and there would have maybe been more stories. But, as it stands today, many years later, it still is a good , historical read. those times and those men can never be repeated.....I wonder how many in it are still alive and kicking?

Flawed yes but as a whole, a work of brilliance.

I think, though, if a fellow digging man had have done that book it would have easily made two volumes and there would have maybe been more stories. But, as it stands today, many years later, it still is a good , historical read. those times and those men can never be repeated.....I wonder how many in it are still alive and kicking?

I think if a fellow digging man would have done it, the book would not contain so much on people who bred for the show bench and we may have got Brightmoor, Gouldy and one or two others but I do think it's none interview chapters would not be as good or the depth of history.

Thing is though, it really don't matter.. It is what it is, in Plummers own words on it, "a mammoth undertaking".

:thumbs:

how you can do a book at the time it was written and leave out some of the most influential breeders of fell terriers this country as ever seen or will ever see again ...

Edited by the_stig
  • Like 1