The Fell Terrier

how you can do a book at the time it was written and leave out some of the most influential breeders of fell terriers this country as ever seen or will ever see again ...

I don't think he left 'em out, more got ran out, of their home's.... ;)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He tried, 'spose you got to give him credit for that!   The Fell Terrier cannot ever be repeated, times have moved on, things change and that book was snap-shot of an era that,today, seems so long

It's the best book plummer ever did IMO....it's a classic when all's said and done. History, I bet lots of men in that book are now passed away.

Yynsnor......Terriers of this type all over the Lakes....Still get this type poppin' up Terrain,usually dictates where Terriers end up Similiar build and Traits ,will always end up in the Hands of

Posted Images

He tried, 'spose you got to give him credit for that! :victory:

The Fell Terrier cannot ever be repeated, times have moved on, things change and that book was snap-shot of an era that,today, seems so long ago. it's done now, and it's the best it's ever going to be, so read the book for its strengths , not it's weaknesses....JMHO.

• Like 6

He tried, 'spose you got to give him credit for that! :victory:

The Fell Terrier cannot ever be repeated, times have moved on, things change and that book was snap-shot of an era that,today, seems so long ago. it's done now, and it's the best it's ever going to be, so read the book for its strengths , not it's weaknesses....JMHO.

. Disagree still fellas up yon road breed and work the fell and are puzzled when hesr the name patterdale lol. Seek and yea shall find
  • Like 2

It's the best book plummer ever did IMO....it's a classic when all's said and done. History, I bet lots of men in that book are now passed away.

Darcy,

Is your avatar meant to be like that? It's very freaky......

indeed i love it..i like very much how a lot of the interveiws and men from it are in egremont ( imo the home of the fell and lakeland!) its the small town ive lived in my hole life and theirs still a few boys about and their lads i know well in that book...seen one just this mornign..infact i think i gave him a £200 donation for charity! so i must be in a good mood

• Like 2

indeed i love it..i like very much how a lot of the interveiws and men from it are in egremont ( imo the home of the fell and lakeland!) its the small town ive lived in my hole life and theirs still a few boys about and their lads i know well in that book...seen one just this mornin..infact i think i gave him a £200 donation for charity! so i must be in a good mood

That's good to know PK, would that one be the son of the most obvious one?

indeed i love it..i like very much how a lot of the interveiws and men from it are in egremont ( imo the home of the fell and lakeland!) its the small town ive lived in my hole life and theirs still a few boys about and their lads i know well in that book...seen one just this mornign..infact i think i gave him a £200 donation for charity! so i must be in a good mood

. Egrimont the home of the fell lol GET TOO FOOK

indeed i love it..i like very much how a lot of the interveiws and men from it are in egremont ( imo the home of the fell and lakeland!) its the small town ive lived in my hole life and theirs still a few boys about and their lads i know well in that book...seen one just this mornin..infact i think i gave him a £200 donation for charity! so i must be in a good mood

probly.....

how you can do a book at the time it was written and leave out some of the most influential breeders of fell terriers this country as ever seen or will ever see again ...

If their dogs were anay good, then they didnt. need to do interviews for some money grabber, who thought he was an expert in all country pursuits. Their dogs done the talking, just look at the posts on hear about K Gould.

probly.....

AJ still popping out Wee Soldiers that stand to attention at 11wks..last time I seen Him ,was in a Brightmoor class with Ped ..Blacks @ 11wks and they got a Ribbon.. :blink:

Plummers take on Bills ommission was as I understand,they went for a walk..Bills Fells all pissed of Hunting..Plummer reckoned he was'nt in control of them :hmm: so left him out the Book.. Bills take was Plummer was an Ass...an told Him to Piss off :laugh: ..

Plenty of the mens Kids' are still about and Hunting ...Brightmoore,Clements, Wild etc.. sure they are well and capable off setting the Record straight..

Plus there were Plenty men NOT from the Fells HUNTING there & Breeding their dogs ..Bill had more than a Few well known Dogs ..Bred In Scotland .no doubt others had from other parts of the U.k. It wasn't the Mecca alot think it was..although it was and is a Grand place :thumbs:

• Like 1

Plus there were Plenty men NOT from the Fells HUNTING there & Breeding their dogs ..Bill had more than a Few well known Dogs ..Bred In Scotland .no doubt others had from other parts of the U.k. It wasn't the Mecca alot think it was..although it was and is a Grand place :thumbs:

. Exactly.

its a nice book ...missing Brightmoor , Gould , Stacy and many other who where in the forefront of turning the rock dogs in to digging dogs ... i think the book is a classic work that all should read :)

• Like 2

its a nice book ...missing Brightmoor , Gould , Stacy and many other who where in the forefront of turning the rock dogs in to digging dogs

So true Glyn. Rock dogs in to digging dogs, Brightmore, Gould, Stacey's blood lines are the foundation for a lot of the best digging dogs of today

Edited by gasman
  • Like 1