i've terrible knee cartilage problems, sciatica, both shoulders very limited mobility and hands twisted like claws from boxing when i was young, the rest of it is from years of hard labour in difficult conditions, but like tomo i just keep battling on. i'm the wrong side of 40 now by a few years, and some days i feel about 60 but i dont let it stop me from doing the things i want to. still grafting, still carrying the kids on my shoulders, still dogging every day, make the most of what i have

You'll need pts in a couple more years.....lol

• Like 1

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Note to anyone doing work for Paulus, get paid in cash up front !! Lol lol

I've noticed lately that the land around me is changing, the hills are getting bloody steeper !!

Have you any idea who the father is?

I am in my 60th year and spent the afternoon chopping logs for my daughter, ( those chopping mauls make the job easy.) Paying for it now though, I can hardly raise my glass to my mouth, but I will keep trying. As long as there is a will there is a way. Oh and Hot Meat I was bald at 21, so that's not an excuse ;)

Truth is it's just my legs don't work any more, can't walk 100yards without stopping for a rest, it's a real pain when the spirit is willing but the body leaves you down. Hard to come to terms with.

TC

• Like 4

I am in my 60th year and spent the afternoon chopping logs for my daughter, ( those chopping mauls make the job easy.) Paying for it now though, I can hardly raise my glass to my mouth, but I will keep trying. As long as there is a will there is a way. Oh and Hot Meat I was bald at 21, so that's not an excuse ;)

Truth is it's just my legs don't work any more, can't walk 100yards without stopping for a rest, it's a real pain when the spirit is willing but the body leaves you down. Hard to come to terms with.

TC

my uncles 73 now and exactly the same minf and heart want to go out with the dogs but body just carn take it but I still give him the call got one to ground come have a look !!

At work when we hit 50 the shift seemed to fall to pieces

The boss has been off three months after getting a cage fitted on his spine

My mate had bowel cancer

The lassy broke her foot and failed the bowel screening program me

The second in command had a herina

And another guys got crones

I had my ankle cleaned out and took ages to recover

Anyone know anything bout tendonitis? Got to go for scan xray :( doc reckons I might have it in me ankle....

A mate mine that trains in the Gym had it in the wrist.............he was in agony with it

TC

Tc .........If it's any consolation I'm 31 and I'd like to say pretty fit, and I know all about it if I've been chopping blocks for the day.

TC

Tc .........If it's any consolation I'm 31 and I'd like to say pretty fit, and I know all about it if I've been chopping blocks for the day.

It must be hard cutting blocks with them noodle arms lol ........

• Like 1

im 47 in a few week,,,,and the mrs (33) has a bun in the oven :angel: ,,,,so i aint got time for old age,,,,up at 4 am this morning ferreting,,,and off to work at 11,, till 3.30 ,,,fecking student night,,,,just got to keep ploding on... :boogy:

Then I'm a couple of weeks older than you and our Mrs's are the same age too...! :yes::toast:

I'm the same, ain't got time for old age, though sometimes I turn round real fast and it's there, waiting over my shoulder... ;)

TC

It must be hard cutting blocks with them noodle arms lol ........

:laugh::laugh: ...............It's my back that feels it more than anywhere.

Oh and at least I wasn't downed back a black pudding a few mushrooms :laugh::laugh: