Kids And Facebook

Anyone else have a problem here or am i the only one? My daughter is 16 and has always done well at school, top set at school and teachers expecting her to get A's in her exams in 8 weeks time but she is slipping badly lately.

She comes in from school and shes on facebook and up till midnight on Facebook on a feckin school night and i cant do anything! Expected grades are dropping to C's now. Shes not studying hardly just tears and tantrums when we try telling her she is throwing her life away. Really pissed off as its causing problems for me and the wife, we are both arguing. She wont deactivate her account and i cant really make her.

Its not as if she comes from some under privelidged background, we both work, nice house, holidays etc but she is throwing everything away. Help!!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had the same with my two youngest girls mate ... Facebook ... Snapchat ... Twitter etc .... When it started to effect their schoolwork I turned off the router and made sure they did the required tim

The other way to get hard headed kids to comply is to make them realise that they need you more than you need them ... For example if they are always whinging about their chores or do them half hearte

We had had the same issue with oldest son... PS4 and chat all night long... attitude towards his mum in the morning because he was tired, and grades were slipping So blocked his PS4 and laptop on the

I had the same with my two youngest girls mate ... Facebook ... Snapchat ... Twitter etc .... When it started to effect their schoolwork I turned off the router and made sure they did the required time studying ... If they have 3G on their phones or iPad then take it off them ... I have always told my kids that I don't care how old they are as long as they live under my roof they live by my rules and if that includes study time then that's what's going to happen ... Being a 16 year old girl you will have all the shouting and tantrums but that can only last for so long and as long as you and your missus stick together and don't cave in then your daughter will HAVE to toe the line and work by your rules .........

• Like 11

f***ing social media is the bane of a young persons life IMO.. Teenage kids should be learning social interaction face to face before communicating online where context is hard to judge.. Years ago the playground mentality was left behind when they came home from school and kids would grow up balanced. These days the playground bullshit is with them 24/7, there's no coming away from it and they feel left out if they ain't part of the discussions all the time. Other than restricting your daughters access to social media by the methods others have said on here, there's little you can do about it.. :(

Piss easy to prevent,don't let kids have phones in the first place,we all got by without them and it's bollocks just saying "they've all got them these days",fecking sheep talk that is and it's all your own faults imo :laugh: .

How to solve it?,pick up said phones,f*ck how much they cost and smash them off the patio,job done :yes: .walk upstairs and take out of their rooms their computors all will take you 10 mins to do and facebook,twitter etc will be a thing of the past :victory: .

• Like 7

Piss easy to prevent,don't let kids have phones in the first place,we all got by without them and it's bollocks just saying "they've all got them these days",fecking sheep talk that is and it's all your own faults imo :laugh: .

How to solve it?,pick up said phones,f*ck how much they cost and smash them off the patio,job done :yes: .walk upstairs and take out of their rooms their computors all will take you 10 mins to do and facebook,twitter etc will be a thing of the past :victory: .

Aye sounds simple don't it? Believe me, there's nothing I'd like more than to do that sometimes! :laugh: Problem is, kids can be little shits when they're round each other in numbers. It's a fine, fine balance between trying to do right by your kids your way and allowing them to feel the equal of others around them - the last thing you want for them is to make them feel different from all the other kids and stand out. Kids always target the ones who are different. I hate the way I'm forced to compromise my parenting because of the ignorance of other parents, but you have to bend to a certain extent. The teenage years and the transition from childhood to adulthood is hard enough without making your kids feel outside the circle of the majority of their peers

We had had the same issue with oldest son... PS4 and chat all night long... attitude towards his mum in the morning because he was tired, and grades were slipping

So blocked his PS4 and laptop on the router to start with at 8pm... still kept up with attitude so reduced it to 7pm, four weeks in, he's starting to get the idea.....

• Like 7

Some good advise there ,,that it think I will follow,,,not that my eldest is a teenager yet,,,,mind she thinks she is,,,,she's 11 and already has a bit of lip on her,,

I sometimes think I'm too strict ,,,but reading socks and wilfs advise ,,,I think I will carry on in the same vein,,,cheers chaps

LOL Be careful if going down the smashing your childs computer path. Some father in America did that, broke his daughters laptop but her brother videod it all and the little

sh!te uploaded it all on youtube :laugh: it went viral lol :laugh: