Different Standards?

this is what I want out of my dogs kill on big or small land daytime because I only do a wee bit daytime but they have to do it plus big nums on lamp and a little bit of ferreting if they refused stuff infront of them they wouldent do all them things that's [bANNED TEXT] I want other may want different if my dogs do that im happy it all boils down to what the owner wants out of his dog

Whats your biggest bag?...............................Was it on your permission ?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you can't see at least one fault in your dog then your lying to yourself ..........

Thats the craic fellahs... We all want genuine good hearted dogs that can provide us with sport, of course we do,.but...   Years ago,..(many fecking years ago... ) I was one of the world's worst

This thread has touched on a lot of points, I got into lurchers because I got out of Collies'n Sheep via a bad decision, I got into Beardies via disillusionment with some Borders all some 30 odd year

Raw want to translate that garbage?

:laugh: ....here goes

bla bla bla ....................numbers .........penis .........bigger. :D ................ :whistling:

I just hope when my boy grows up he doesn't get obsessed with the numbers game or I think I would have failed as a parent and Hunter. If it's a job or sustainable then there's no problem but to rape a place to massage an ego is fundamentally wrong on so many levels.

I have said it before but to be a real hunter you have to conserve at times. If you can understand your quarry then surely that makes you and your dog a better hunter

• Like 9

Bang on RAW much rather catch 10 a few times than 50 once and certainly if I was in it for numbers id might aswell give up !! My uncle brought me up to just enjoy being out in the fresh air watching dogs do what they were bred to do !! There's no greater feeling that hunting all morning then having feet up watching tv with the same mutt stretched out next to that's what it all about !!

:clapper:Thats the craic fellahs...

We all want genuine good hearted dogs that can provide us with sport, of course we do,.but...

Years ago,..(many fecking years ago... :laugh: )

I was one of the world's worst for pushing dogs, to kill more and more,..and more...!

I could not bear to hear about, how well another guy was doing, or how fecking great, his fecking super fecking dog was,.. :laugh: It used to boil my piss,...it used to break my heart,..and I was fast becoming,..a jealous wee feckwit.... :yes:

I set ridiculously high,..virtualy impossible standards for myself (and anyone else who I hung out with) As I grew older,..and hopefully a bit wiser,..I began to realise the futility of it all,..but not before it fecking near killed me off trying to live up,.. to my own personal hype..

Then,..something happened,... and I changed,..almost overnight...

Nowadays I feel sorry for all the poor old Jukels that I trash talked ,..and I feel ashamed for those that I quickly passed on,..or buried,.... simply because they were not up to my standards... :no:

Mercifuly,..'I am not in competition with myself any longer...'

Obviously,.this is a stage in a mans life that takes time to reach,..sadly,..some never actualy reach it,.. and they are destined to live out their lives, in a perpetual state of worrying the feck about, what others might think of them,..and their dawgs..

They cook their brains,.. and put fecking years on themselves..!

I've seen it a hundred times and it nearly always ends in tears....

All this talk of dogs, that are shite,..crap, garbage, etc,...almost as though their owners lives depended upon the canine's ability to catch a chosen quarry...when in fact,.90% of hunting men,.hunt for fun, pleasure and recreation,...and certainly not for the gold coin...

Honestly, I sometimes ask myself,.. just like dear old Alfie,.." What's it all about".... :thumbs:

File0337.jpg

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 15

to much jelousy on here lol

Some how I get the feeling very few men on here are jelouse of you Aaron .........

I am ................................. :laugh:

On serious note.....................Were those big bags on your places ??????????????????????????????????????/