Which One? Hw80/85/95/98??

I'm aiming to pick up a springer to go with my HW100 and honestly can't decided which route to go. This is all for .177

Rifle Length Weight Power Rough cost

HW80 115cm 4.0kg 295 m/s £380

HW85 117cm 3.5kg 290 m/s £280

HW95 108cm 3.4kg 290 m/s £320 (inc silencer)

HW98 110cm 3.8kg 290 m/s £380

HW97 103cm 4.3kg 290 m/s £360

I can't see much difference between them on paper. I wanted the Weihrauch silencer on, and I'd rather go for a ligher rifle (hence I'm shying away from he 97).

I know you guys are never short of an opinion....ideally someone who has had more than one of these rifles, point me in the right direction would ya? And are the prices ABOUT right for new?

Cheers

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another vouch for the 97 from me!   Had the 98 also, both good rifles but I sold my 98 and went back to a 97 which I gotta say is my fav   You can't go far wrong with any on your wish list!  

Well, I went for the 97 after all that.....   I put a few pellets through and so far she likes Bisleys!!! well I never. Need to try some HN FTT and some Weihrauch F&T specials asap.     W

I have just got a HW98 in .177 and I am well chuffed with it. Achieved a 3 shot group not much larger than a single pellet. (Photo on Verminhunters TV facebook page). It i s straight out of the box an

hi Daz

i own the HW 97 & HW 95 & SFS Chieftain

The HW 97 is a under lever & deadly accurate,and probably not for noodle arm owners. & definitely not hold sensitive :thumbs:

The HW 95 is a break barrel, a lot lighter and prone to hold sensitive,but still deadly accurate once mastered :thumbs:

(don't own one but have shot one)

The HW 80 is a break barrel, not as heavy as the 97,but as deadly.& definitely not hold sensitive :thumbs:

(don't own one but have shot one)

The HW 98 is a break barrel,not as heavy as the 97,but personally the most accurate i have shot,apart from the "Chieftain"

the first time i picked the HW 98 up was when Si had one,and i had a go on my 8mm bell target in the garden,i hit it every time,i found it real easy to shoot.the fit was good and it was deadly accurate,and definitely not hod sensitive :thumbs:

if i was to choose out of your choice i would take the HW 98,thee most accurate spring rifle i have shot.

UNTIL i got my hands on the SFS Chieftain,(Awesomely accurate,if that's a word ?) :thumbs:

• Like 2

HW97 for me mate if you shooting an hw100 T then what you worried about LOL second hw98 it would pay to try before you buy as i had the 98 as well as the 97 but prefer the 97 for fit even though the 98 has an adjustable stock. you wont go far wrong with any on your list though ;)

• Like 1

Hi Daz39 i have for sale a HW97 Immaculate condition with a 3x9x40 scope, built in silencer leather strap and its a .22 £250. il try and put a picture up if your interested. The only reason for sale is i now have a Rapid 17..

Chris

• Like 1