Sign in to follow this  
norseman

Logs

have to say i use a b and q cheapy and hammered it no problems 90 quid , had 3 years upto now. if it gets nicked out the shed no biggy if it blows up no biggy . light quiet and easy to use. unless your chopping giant red wood cant go wrong.

• Like 2

ive got two saws one a husky and the other a stihl,both are over 20 years old and still going good, these cheap saws wont last as long as them there just cheap shit,that poem says it all,my wife lights the fire in October and it goes out in april-may we burn around 30 ton a year it is cut,chopped and stacked in the late spring to burn the following winter all hardwood once seasoned it will last up to 5 times longer than a fresh cut log,p.s. don't waste youre money on cheape shite,wf

• Like 1

ive got two saws one a husky and the other a stihl,both are over 20 years old and still going good, these cheap saws wont last as long as them there just cheap shit,that poem says it all,my wife lights the fire in October and it goes out in april-may we burn around 30 ton a year it is cut,chopped and stacked in the late spring to burn the following winter all hardwood once seasoned it will last up to 5 times longer than a fresh cut log,p.s. don't waste youre money on cheape shite,wf

I couldn't cope without my husky. fair play I thought I went though some logs with two fires but I'm not sure I use that much.

Do you cut and chop all that yourself wil ?

My back is aching just thinking about filling the sheds up again :yes:

Its a nice feeling seeing the sheds full at the end of the summer

Thats cheating............. :D .

I should invest really :thumbs:

That's a fair maul chris

I have had my time swinging them feckers about. Tractor power all the way now. It's the future.

I don't have the work for a petrol splitter, or anything like a tractor, Moxy!

I swing the maul to keep my belly under control... I should probably got and cut some wood looking at my keks! :laugh:

I don't mind cutting loading or stacking but I fukcing hate splitting ... Mind numbing boring and fukcing tedious ... I must get a log splitter for the summer as I have around 100 ton to sort and all for free .......

• Like 1

I quite enjoy splitting

Fine way to spend a morning , grafting, and imagining a different head on the block each time ! :laugh:

You at least feel like yeh`ve done a bit after a day splitting yer own free fuel.

I don't mind cutting loading or stacking but I fukcing hate splitting ... Mind numbing boring and fukcing tedious ... I must get a log splitter for the summer as I have around 100 ton to sort and all for free .......

Try to visualise logging in here and reading the dog forum before you swing the maul... You'll be through 3-4 cords before you can say "Nice Dog! How's It Bred, Mate?"

I quite enjoy splitting

Fine way to spend a morning , grafting, and imagining a different head on the block each time ! :laugh:

You at least feel like yeh`ve done a bit after a day splitting yer own free fuel.

Baw.....bang........baw.........bang......baw.......bang.......baw.....bang!!! :)

• Like 2

I'm a hand cutter so no shortage of wood for me, have a session in the spring to fill the log shed and just bring a bit home everyday from work. Always plenty of hung up trees or dead wood around. The house I'm in now has central heating but we barely use a couple of hundred litres of oil a year. Wood burner keeps the whole house warm.

post-4572-0-16470700-1397197969_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I'm not short niether. Just got to work for mine :thumbs:

35E74467-4DD0-4752-B93B-2808E2A350F8-153

5B1E65EC-B4E2-4AD3-9DD0-F1F5CCFACDEF-153

Greenman. Wedges and hang ups it looks a bitch. :thumbs: