• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The answer to this is simple   save up and buy a chainsaw, there is no option unless you only cut 4 logs a month

I'd dearly love a pair of gloves. I feel I'm living on borrowed time without them.   Brought it home to me was the time my chain came loose. Thankfully, the Chain Catcher took care of it and it just

tax man ??

Posted Images

me and a pall cut 3/4 ft lenghts of good hard woods and split them with wedges and a axe or a sledge hammer,.. and stack them as that to season then cut them with a bench saw or any power saw as their only as thick as your arm....

but only because i wont let him use my new husky :yes::tongue2:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just been given access to some woods to clear out the dead and overcrowded trees.

Looking at buying a still saw, expensive I know but seeing as each load of logs is 120 delivered I'll soon break even and pay for the saw!!

Cheers

J

Just been given access to some woods to clear out the dead and overcrowded trees.

Looking at buying a still saw, expensive I know but seeing as each load of logs is 120 delivered I'll soon break even and pay for the saw!!

Cheers

J

Fork me £120 :icon_eek::icon_eek: I'm in the wrong game ....................................... I wonder if the TAX man would need to know about that :hmm:

Cheers

J

Fork me £120 :icon_eek::icon_eek: I'm in the wrong game ....................................... I wonder if the TAX man would need to know about that :hmm:

:laugh: too right!!

Cheers

J

NOOOO what the eyes dont see and the ears dont hear...the heart dont grieve over

• Like 2

Cheers

J

tax man ??

• Like 3

Cheers

J

tax man ??

hmrc-closing-in-advert-370x229.JPG?13527

TC

Edited by tiercel

Cheers

J

tax man ??

hmrc-closing-in-advert-370x229.JPG?13527

TC

:icon_eek: ............................ :cray::cray:

When you get the chainsaw well worth investing in some chainsaw gloves. A mate of mine was cutting away the chain broke and wrapped round his fingers lucky he had the gloves on but ripped them up pretty bad, its a pretty common thing so be careful mate.

I'd dearly love a pair of gloves. I feel I'm living on borrowed time without them.

Brought it home to me was the time my chain came loose. Thankfully, the Chain Catcher took care of it and it just lashed itself, harmlessly, up in a split second.

Must say though, I did think it had caught me and nicked my femoral artery! I could feel the hot blood coursing down my thigh :icon_eek:

Thankfully, I'd just shit myself :yes:

• Like 6

Cheers

J

:laugh: too right!!

:laugh::laugh: are you sure :laugh::laugh:

Beech-wood fires burn bright and clear
If the logs are kept a year;
Store your beech for Christmastide
With new-cut holly laid beside;
Chestnut's only good, they say,
If for years 'tis stored away;
Birch and fir-wood burn too fast
Blaze too bright and do not last;
Flames from larch will shoot up high,
Dangerously the sparks will fly;
But ash-wood green and ash-wood brown
Are fit for a Queen with a golden crown.

Oaken logs, if dry and old,
Keep away the winter's cold;
Poplar gives a bitter smoke,
Fills your eyes and makes you choke;
Elm-wood burns like churchyard mould,
E'en the very flames are cold;
It is by the Irish said;
Hawthorn bakes the sweetest bread,
Apple-wood will scent the room,
Pear-wood smells like flowers in bloom;
But ash-wood wet and ash-wood dry
A King may warm his slippers by.