Imported Jagdterriers

I have been given the opportunity to import some Jagdterriers from Hungary. The dogs are owned and kept by a friend of one of my Hungarian friends. They are of the line of Astor Von Astrata, a famous Serbian dog.

I thought I would offer you gentlemen the opportunity to own and work some dogs of this bloodline. The cost for an imported pup, including microchip, pet passport, vaccines and delivery to the UK is E800 per pup. If anyone would like anymore information, or to register their interest, PM me.

Ug

• Like 3

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With all due respect foxdropper..... I'll agree that they MIGHT not be any better for you than a terrier you have that is already doing everything you need it to.... But show me a terrier of any other

Turns out I do know a little bit about these dogs. A friend of mine bred the sire of this litter and owned the sire of both the dog and the bitch, named Vuk Phillip who was a son of Astor Asstraata. T

Sometimes people just want to see what the fuss is all about.....I was fortunate in that, I was able to hunt with a few jagds prior to even knowing what they were. I was impressed with not only the le

would like to see this terrier working over here but to the original poster,do you honestly think someone will pay that money to import a dog to better what is here all ready?the only folk that this will interest is the people who can see pound signs in a foreign dog who people are interested in.Not been smart just my opinion.

• Like 2

Thanks for the questions and interest guys. I offer no opinion as to whether these dogs are any better or worse than current British terrier breeds.

For a bit of background, these animals are owned by a gentleman who lives in Eastern Europe. In that region, it is impossible to deny permission to hunt on your land (by law). Similar to the German hunting regime, if anyone is familiar with it, the country is divided up into hunting clubs which then manage the hunting in their area. If you are a member of the hunt club you have carte blanche to dig within your hunting area.

These dogs are worked regularly and completely legally to fox and badger below ground, and to wild boar during driven hunts above ground.

These dogs are pedigree registered dogs. Pedigree dogs are not cheap. Pieces of paper may not matter to a lot of people, but on the continent they are considered very important within certain circles. On the continent, a pedigree Parson Russell will set you back £850, before any import costs are applied.

Importing dogs is not cheap. Neither is it easy. This also adds to the cost.

As to the worth of the dogs, only the individual paying the money can decide that. I am not forcing anyone to do anything. However, there has been a considerable amount of interest in jagdterriers on this board in the past. Given this, and my connections to the continent, I thought that I would share this opportunity with fellow members. I also have experience of importing dogs from the continent, and am prepared to offer my assistance to anyone wishing to do so.

Ug

• Like 3

I hear good things about these dogs and I hope they do become more readily available over here and good luck to anyone that gets one but I wouldn't pay that sort of money for a foreign dog when I could find a dog a 3rd of the price doing the same job over here already

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

:angel:

• Like 1

800 euro is 650 pound ( about ) i dont no to much about jagd terriers apart from you get big ones for ontop and smaller ones for below depending what country you buy them and what the lads do with them,, i only eva seen one go in hungary it put a awsum preformance in as good as any terrier i seen to date but on the other hand evry single person i no on the continent keeps black terriers and has tried jagd terriers

Edited by Tommy pepper
  • Like 1