Imported Jagdterriers

Be nice if someone who owned a jagd to chime in, iv been thinking of getting a pup later this year, I can only find information on breeders websites which I feel could be hyped up to sell pups, "prey drive like no other" what are they really like for earthwork?? only videos I can seem to find are bore and they look far to keen for the job over here?...

Anyone seen these work in the uk?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With all due respect foxdropper..... I'll agree that they MIGHT not be any better for you than a terrier you have that is already doing everything you need it to.... But show me a terrier of any other

Turns out I do know a little bit about these dogs. A friend of mine bred the sire of this litter and owned the sire of both the dog and the bitch, named Vuk Phillip who was a son of Astor Asstraata. T

Sometimes people just want to see what the fuss is all about.....I was fortunate in that, I was able to hunt with a few jagds prior to even knowing what they were. I was impressed with not only the le

cant understand why ANYBODY who is serious into working there terriers would pay 800 for a jadg when they could get a good black dog in this country for a fraction of the price! the only possible reason is to breed and make £££££££ :yes:

Thats mabey cuz your not serious into working terriers ,,,

cant understand why ANYBODY who is serious into working there terriers would pay 800 for a jadg when they could get a good black dog in this country for a fraction of the price! the only possible reason is to breed and make £££££££ :yes:

why's that kass? what makes jadgs any better than a good tested line of any other breed we already have in this country and makes them worth the money? can you guarantee they will work and work to a better standard than what we already have?

why's that kass? what makes jadgs any better than a good tested line of any other breed we already have in this country and makes them worth the money? can you guarantee they will work and work to a better standard than what we already have?

Read and lear and mabey you will understand why they are worth the money

Can't understand why people are scared to try something, and you'd think people had to sell there granny to make a wage on this website! Wonder how much a black dog would cost if they weren't everywhere!!!

If you want a black dog then get one, I fancy trying something new for a change, it's about time with all these black dogs just getting bred left right and centre then being sold as top worker to worker pups ect, 800 euro or 650 quid isn't to bad for something that's a lot different to your standard uk earthdog bought from the right breeders overseas you can guarantee that the bloodline will have come from solid workers which have been tested on all game...that's my reason! Not because I want to waste time that I could be at work breeding a few pups... No everyone is a scumbag struggling to make a few quid.

• Like 4

I can almost guarantee you anyone pumping out pups or 'adult workers' for that matter :blink:, will not have been 'well tested' its been seen time and time again.

Just because there from Europe doesn't mean they will be well tested.

Ive been out once, dug their critters and seen their dogs, and I wouldn't have taken one back if you paid me 600 Euro

People seem to forget that the world of the 'real' working terrier started on these shores, and whether it is now legal or illegal is irrelevant.

Just my opinion of course, Im sure it's probably wrong.

• Like 3

Can't understand why people are scared to try something, and you'd think people had to sell there granny to make a wage on this website! Wonder how much a black dog would cost if they weren't everywhere!!!

If you want a black dog then get one, I fancy trying something new for a change, it's about time with all these black dogs just getting bred left right and centre then being sold as top worker to worker pups ect, 800 euro or 650 quid isn't to bad for something that's a lot different to your standard uk earthdog bought from the right breeders overseas you can guarantee that the bloodline will have come from solid workers which have been tested on all game...that's my reason! Not because I want to waste time that I could be at work breeding a few pups... No everyone is a scumbag struggling to make a few quid.

why people are scared to try something they know little about? its cost's a bomb and is definetly not guaranteed to work any better than what i have now no matter what you think! i work hard for my money and am not about to start throwing it about on the offchance of getting a decent dog! if you want to do that, you choice! i never have bought a terrier and doubt i ever will as i have mates with dogs that work hard and are tested all season, and have seen with my own eyes work! i have nothing against you trying something new, just i dont see the point if you have decent dogs about you already. and whats the last comment all about? if you havent got money to waste your a scumbag? :blink:

I can almost guarantee you anyone pumping out pups or 'adult workers' for that matter :blink:, will not have been 'well tested' its been seen time and time again.

Just because there from Europe doesn't mean they will be well tested.

Ive been out once, dug their critters and seen their dogs, and I wouldn't have taken one back if you paid me 600 Euro

People seem to forget that the world of the 'real' working terrier started on these shores, and whether it is now legal or illegal is irrelevant.

Just my opinion of course, Im sure it's probably wrong.

I agree with you! I would be very careful where I got a jadg from if I do decide to get one I would be making the trip overseas myself, make a holiday out of it.

why people are scared to try something they know little about? its cost's a bomb and is definetly not guaranteed to work any better than what i have now no matter what you think! i work hard for my money and am not about to start throwing it about on the offchance of getting a decent dog! if you want to do that, you choice! i never have bought a terrier and doubt i ever will as i have mates with dogs that work hard and are tested all season, and have seen with my own eyes work! i have nothing against you trying something new, just i dont see the point if you have decent dogs about you already. and whats the last comment all about? if you havent got money to waste your a scumbag? :blink:

I spend 5 days a week cutting trees and sleeping in a caravan in the woods for my money so I know the value of it I just don't feel that 650 is expensive for the dog if it's going to be as good as the breeders websites say, which was my main reason for posting.

Your comment was right below mine on about the only people who would buy a dog is for the money off breeding. The last comment wasn't not meant like that, was more of a dig at you, but I think iv taking you the wrong way which is easily done on this site, I thought you where insinuating I was only getting a dog for the money of pups.

I spend 5 days a week cutting trees and sleeping in a caravan in the woods for my money so I know the value of it I just don't feel that 650 is expensive for the dog if it's going to be as good as the breeders websites say, which was my main reason for posting.

Your comment was right below mine on about the only people who would buy a dog is for the money off breeding. The last comment wasn't not meant like that, was more of a dig at you, but I think iv taking you the wrong way which is easily done on this site, I thought you where insinuating I was only getting a dog for the money of pups.

That's exactly what im saying mate, imo its all a sales pitch! they might work, they might work well but they can NOT guarantee you irs going to work at all! If that was the case id be the first to buy one, but like any other dog, you pay your money and take the chance! but i know i wouldnt be to pleased about paying 650 for a dog that doesnt cut it :laugh: its just to big a risk for me to take and im happy with the dogs ive got here to be honest

I hope they are all their cracked up to be I'll keep doing my research, I know some of the lads from aus like them because they have a decent nose...ATM there is a bit to much chance of a jadg being to big and keen for me to rush into getting one, hopefully someone on here works them often and can shed some light on how useful they could be in the uk or even someone breeding in the uk would have lines better suited for over here...

Edited by Andrewevo6