Rabbit Numbers...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rimfires   There to blame, in my opinion. Lads shooting the fook out of em, and hares.

Lads hunting throughout the year doesnt help

Those are sensible words,.and to be honest,.it's a maxim that myself (and many of my generation), have always lived with... Good rabbiting spots have always been in short supply 'darn sarf',.so,.it ha

Posted Images

I live in a place called telford, shrops. And these days, the rabbit population seems to have dwindled. Not that many years ago, you could get 30/40rabbits on the lamp on a good nights lamping. Now your lucky if you catch 10/15 on lamp. What's it like around the rest of the country? Don't know wether it's due to more people doing it or wether it's down to mixxy and other types. ?

this mate everybods at it live in doncaster and if i go local to me i dont even see 10/15 rabbits never mind catch that many its just getting batterd everywere mate

• Like 1

A good few years ago before I was allowed my first dog (permission granted to me by HRH my WIFE!) we used to shoot 50+ a night off the back of the truck with shot guns, I used to love it! This was on one local farm, I would be hard pushed now to get that number a season and serves my right too… Since having dogs for myself I call any night with 4 in the bag a good night and if I have seen more than 10 rabbits that night no matter how for away they are it is something of a rarity! So now when the farmer asks "Whats doin'?" I say "Bugger all!" and hopefully in time the numbers may increase… But I still go out around there so he knows I'm on top of it!!!

I am collecting more and more permission as time goes on, but as has been said before it's isolated pockets, I do know where there is some good numbers in places, but it always seems to be out of reach to gain this permission for one reason or another, so I think you are still very lucky to get 10 -15 a night. :thumbs:

I'd say the Dales were much better going before they became so very famous on THL lol. Speaking to lads that live there, they say that this year has not been a good one, a combination of mixy and over hunting in parts.

• Like 2

Very bad year up there jia,, there's places up there with nothing on,,, a combination of last springs cold weather and snow,, and mixy hitting in August ,,,, right through till the end of November ,,,

• Like 1

the dales seem a tad slower this year, other bits I go on near me seem to be decent enough when compared to other years,

Just had three nights on the trot down between stafford and stoke-on-trent and seen reasonable numbers there for the area probably more than this time last year when I was down that way last

Very bad year up there jia,, there's places up there with nothing on,,, a combination of last springs cold weather and snow,, and mixy hitting in August ,,,, right through till the end of November ,,,

Aye f***ing right tomo...... Tomo.... Very poor here..... Me and Jim out last night lads, 187, would have got double that but we could only stay for an hour..... :D

• Like 2