Rabbit Numbers...

I live in a place called telford, shrops. And these days, the rabbit population seems to have dwindled. Not that many years ago, you could get 30/40rabbits on the lamp on a good nights lamping. Now your lucky if you catch 10/15 on lamp. What's it like around the rest of the country? Don't know wether it's due to more people doing it or wether it's down to mixxy and other types. ?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rimfires   There to blame, in my opinion. Lads shooting the fook out of em, and hares.

Lads hunting throughout the year doesnt help

Those are sensible words,.and to be honest,.it's a maxim that myself (and many of my generation), have always lived with... Good rabbiting spots have always been in short supply 'darn sarf',.so,.it ha

Posted Images

numbers in my are aint what they used to be but having said that i have had a good haul out of them over the last 10 years. i think disease and rimfires combined with the increase in price of head shot rabbits have played its part and had one of the biggest impacts in my area.

• Like 2

Tbh my local ground has always lacked rabbits 1 or two a night was the norm but this sason seem to be seeing a few more and I'm getting maybe 5-6 a night had the odd time where dog caught 10- 11 round here but that is a rarity if you want a decent night at the rabbits you have to travel and it's defiantly worth it was out other night on small farm and there was a very good number of rabbits to be had

Just look at the numbers some lads on here are getting. ...still plenty about if you know where to look. ..I think if you lamping for numbers you got to be prepared to put the miles in. ...

when you say local. .how far do you mean? On foot?

Can always get 5-6 runs just round the local fields near me but never enough for lots of runs. .so have to look further afield

• Like 1