Altcar Is Under Threat.. Please Help..!

cracking post and well done gte on that speech. i went to the cup quite a lot and also to clonmel for the cousing festival it was a very sad day when the last waterloo was run and a sad day also for the hares on altcar. i went on all the marches to try and stop the ban but my honest opinion is it will never come back and we will never stop wind farms being built sad but true i feel.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol, Bosun you make it sound like the Nuremberg rally lol Serious though can you imagine. Sir Mark Prescott , Lord Derby , Lord Leverhulm , Duke of Westminster, Johnny Scott , Clarissa Dickson Wright,

I attended the meeting last night and found my self in some company that lets say would not be my cup of tea, foremost on there minds was the disruption, secondly the blight on the landscape but secre

Just got off the phone to country side alliance they are looking at it !!!!!!

Yesterday I sent a lengthy email to Laoni Gardiner the Features/Sub Editor of The Countryman's Weekly.

I hope she 'gets it', I hope she takes action and runs a story.

they should do a full page or even a double page spread mate, a lot of history both old and new that would be of interest to their readers

cracking post and well done gte on that speech. i went to the cup quite a lot and also to clonmel for the cousing festival it was a very sad day when the last waterloo was run and a sad day also for the hares on altcar. i went on all the marches to try and stop the ban but my honest opinion is it will never come back and we will never stop wind farms being built sad but true i feel.

It is possible to stop the wind farms, it just needs a coordinated campaign targeting the importance of the area as a site for migrating wild fowl, water voles are common across the moss, Corn Crake, Short Eared Owl, King Fisher, the list is endless.

The site is of national and international importance !!!!!

Yesterday I sent a lengthy email to Laoni Gardiner the Features/Sub Editor of The Countryman's Weekly.

they should do a full page or even a double page spread mate, a lot of history both old and new that would be of interest to their readers

It will just be preaching to the converted, but at least let people know about the plans.

It will just be preaching to the converted, but at least let people know about the plans.

Yes mate, preaching to the converted but the 'yet' uninformed... If there was a petition to stop the plans would you sign it...??

Ive had nothing but positive feed back from the people I've contacted And awaiting some well known names to come back. This is a great opportunity for the field sports community to come across as the real conservationists Like bosun said if there is an on line petition sighed it lads