From Jack The Lad To Uncool Dad..

I was taking to my brother the other day about this, I don't feel old exactly and he's younger than me, we've both got teenage daughters, and we are what we hoped we'd never be... Embarrassing dads lol

There's some kind of fun in being an embarrassing dad when our daughters have friends around, why? Lol

I genuinely thought I'd be "with it" when my daughter was this age, but most of the music is shite, I've no idea what instagrams all about, and I don't want to start on the make up lol...

You should try to keep up to date with the "Hit Parade". :laugh:

My boy's a bit older - 20 now. I used to try and embarrass him in front of his mates but he's always been so laid back he naver gave a shit when I did.

Thats just like my youngest lad... nothing I did or wore embarresed my lad in front of his mates .. not even sporting poppy red hair & lounging round in a tigger onsie :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 2

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a pal of mine got his wife's clouts out of the draw and rubbed the crotch with a Mars bar then while his daughter was in the bedroom with her new boyfriend he launched them in saying, " sort your wa

I was taking to my brother the other day about this, I don't feel old exactly and he's younger than me, we've both got teenage daughters, and we are what we hoped we'd never be... Embarrassing dads lo

I love being an embarrassing dad and I thrive on embarrassing my girls in front of their mates ... I have become so good at it that their mates think I am cool lol .........

My boy who is 5 was watching some kung foo thing on the telly the other day, so I says to him:

"I trained them to do that" and struck some silly kung foo type pose...........

He just turned, looked at me for a second and said "Leave it out you freak!!" :laugh::laugh:

I may take up classes, that will show the little f****r !! :laugh::laugh:

Edited by WILF
  • Like 8

As anyone whos suffered the hardship of being a visiting dad will know when you do get to see your kids you tend to go that extra mile in trying to please them......i remember when skateboard parks first became the trendy thing with kids i went round and picked my boy up and took him to the park with his skateboard all his pals were there i said " give us that i,ll show you how to do it ".............4 seconds later im laying in a crumpled heap on the floor with claret running down my face :icon_redface:

We stuck to footie and boxing after that :D

Not just Dads ...

I like to play basketball with my kids. Went to the court with them, and my son is a bit aggressive about getting the ball. So there I am, guarding him whilst trying to get in place for a jump shot and he trips me up. Face first, glasses flying, star fish on the court ... in front of a bunch of kids on the other side who where having a kick about. Ffs. One of those 'no no, I'm fine, haha weren't that funny' moments when you quickly limp off somewhere to sob quietly so they can't hear you :laugh:

At this moment mine are only 8 and 9 so I'm still hovering on the edge of Cool Mum but that won't last long. One of my girls gets threatened with me picking her up at school and bursting into song and dance on the yard if she doesn't smarten up - usually gets her to behave pretty quickly :laugh:

• Like 2

Me and my old man are oppsites hes football man I play rugby he has no interest in dogs and im dog mad he did coach my rugby side for a few years ans my mam was the manager my mates use to walk in my house and be down stairs chatting to my parents the old man did send me home from training a few times and if it ever kicked of on the pitch fighting it was always my fault according to hi

• Like 1

My oldest followed me round bike rallies for years and is now a full on biker, We get on great, both love bikes and lurchers

My youngest waits till I`m at work, then steals all my clothes, so I must be reasonably "hip" hahahahaha

The only time they get embarrassed is when I end up the drunkest bloke at bike do`s,

I hate hip-hop, but I'm probably approaching a hip-op ! I turned 50 this year, and I had the sudden realisation that I've turned into my Dad !

I recently came across music called 'grime' (?), I wish the young lads would pull their trousers up and tuck their shirts in properly, I don't understand why something good is 'sick', I hate people who finish every sentence with 'innit' and feel the need to document every moment of their vacuous lives on SpaceBook or MyTube or whatever it's called. Why is a bunch of skinny-ar5ed teenagers, who can't play a note of music between them, called 'a band' ? Why does everyone on TV feel the need to cry at the drop of a hat ?

I'm ranting now, aren't I.......................? I could go on for hours..............

The world makes a little less sense to me every day !! :yes:

• Like 4

I hate hip-hop, but I'm probably approaching a hip-op ! I turned 50 this year, and I had the sudden realisation that I've turned into my Dad !

I recently came across music called 'grime' (?), I wish the young lads would pull their trousers up and tuck their shirts in properly, I don't understand why something good is 'sick', I hate people who finish every sentence with 'innit' and feel the need to document every moment of their vacuous lives on SpaceBook or MyTube or whatever it's called. Why is a bunch of skinny-ar5ed teenagers, who can't play a note of music between them, called 'a band' ? Why does everyone on TV feel the need to cry at the drop of a hat ?

I'm ranting now, aren't I.......................? I could go on for hours..............

Hahaha....

I'm 15 years your junior and feel exactly the same.. Innit lol

I came home the other week and my daughter was out the front of the house talking to some scruffy young lad with his trousers around us arse... " who's your girlfriend" I asked her.." Shut up Dad" lol...he was meant to be annoyed at that remark Ffs...

When I was a lad 2 of my mates knocked the door, one a black lad another with braces on his teeth.. My Dad answered the door.." KEV" he shouts up the stairs " Kris Akubussi and some lad with scaffold on his teeth are at the door for you" lol...

Hahaha....

I'm 15 years your junior and feel exactly the same.. Innit lol

I came home the other week and my daughter was out the front of the house talking to some scruffy young lad with his trousers around us arse... " who's your girlfriend" I asked her.." Shut up Dad" lol...he was meant to be annoyed at that remark Ffs...

When I was a lad 2 of my mates knocked the door, one a black lad another with braces on his teeth.. My Dad answered the door.." KEV" he shouts up the stairs " Kris Akubussi and some lad with scaffold on his teeth are at the door for you" lol...

The trouser thing really is irritating - innit doe, bruv, nah mean ?

• Like 1

My boy who is 5 was watching some kung foo thing on the telly the other day, so I says to him:

"I trained them to do that" and struck some silly kung foo type pose...........

He just turned, looked at me for a second and said "Leave it out you freak!!" :laugh::laugh:

I may take up classes, that will show the little f****r !! :laugh::laugh:

:laugh: class!!!

its a strange day when you wake up and realise you have turned into your dad,my teenage daughter rarely has anything posative to say about me in fact she rips the piss out of me regular.i was strolling back from a morning mooch today,as i got onto our estate,there was my daughter and her "bestie" walking to school,her mate said hello,my daughter looked across the road at me with her face contorted like some one who just trod in dogshite,and walked on blanking me.still come the end of the month she will need money for her phone etc.....then she will speak to me.im really not looking foward to the boyfriend stage.

• Like 2

My daughter is four, she's my first and I'm 46 so i've had time enough to work out that I ain't gonna be 'cool dad' forever.

From what i've seen, especially with girls, dads go through the cool, not cool, deffo not cool, highly embarrassing and finally when they are near all growed up, cool again. I'm cool at the min and loving every minute of it but it won't last forever, so when my bubble bursts i'll do the same as Socks and whilst she thinks i'm a total embarrassment, maybe her friends won't and i'd like to think, down the line, both ends will meet again, be nice that, as it should be...

Oh yer, like Gnash's tale, my bro-in-law Ian used to be a decent keeper, he had trials at Tranmere, he's 44 now and has a son of 14, Tom, who is also shaping up to be a tidy player. Anyways one Sunday a few years back we were all round at his mothers house, when Tom's mates knocked round asking if he fancied a kick about on the local park. Ian jumped in and said we (me an him) should have a game too and asked if that would be ok, the kids said yer, Tom just rolled his eyes. Now maybe its just me but I had the idea Ian wanted to show both me an Tom's mates how good he was back in the day, so I wasn't over keen but egged on by my Mrs I reluctantly went along.

Jumpers for goalposts, Ian is all direction, like a skinny scouse Brian Glover off Kes. We sorts teams and were off. Now I hung back as much as poss, super keen, super fast 12 year old's are bloody hard work, not to mention a bit fly-away if your a bit slow sticking a leg out for the ball. So I contented myself with plenty of direction and one or two easy lay offs.

Suddenly there's a break on and two speedsters are heading straight for 'Gordon Banks' who is screaming rallying cries to his side. Shot on... BOOM..! The kid blasts on from about six yards and Ian leaps all over-dramatic to make the save... Cool dad or fecking what...!!!

It's surprising how hard a 12 year old kid can kick a ball, especially a casey. I watched the ball go past Ian's outstretched arm, past his fingers and into the bottom right corner...GOAL!!

But Ian was still down, on his knees back arched, head down. Paul can you help me he growled and I went right over.... He'd nearly made the save, got his fingers to it but it had been a long time since he tried to make a save like that and the ball had snapped his index finger and middle finger on his right hand, along with the tendons. He tried his best to walk off with a bit of dignity but his face said it all as he tried to tell the kid who took the shot it was all ok. Tom still talks about it as his most embarrassing day..!! :angel:

My daughter is four, she's my first and I'm 46 so i've had time enough to work out that I ain't gonna be 'cool dad' forever.

From what i've seen, especially with girls, dads go through the cool, not cool, deffo not cool, highly embarrassing and finally when they are near all growed up, cool again. I'm cool at the min and loving every minute of it but it won't last forever, so when my bubble bursts i'll do the same as Socks and whilst she thinks i'm a total embarrassment, maybe her friends won't and i'd like to think, down the line, both ends will meet again, be nice that, as it should be...

Oh yer, like Gnash's tale, my bro-in-law Ian used to be a decent keeper, he had trials at Tranmere, he's 44 now and has a son of 14, Tom, who is also shaping up to be a tidy player. Anyways one Sunday a few years back we were all round at his mothers house, when Tom's mates knocked round asking if he fancied a kick about on the local park. Ian jumped in and said we (me an him) should have a game too and asked if that would be ok, the kids said yer, Tom just rolled his eyes. Now maybe its just me but I had the idea Ian wanted to show both me an Tom's mates how good he was back in the day, so I wasn't over keen but egged on by my Mrs I reluctantly went along.

Jumpers for goalposts, Ian is all direction, like a skinny scouse Brian Glover off Kes. We sorts teams and were off. Now I hung back as much as poss, super keen, super fast 12 year old's are bloody hard work, not to mention a bit fly-away if your a bit slow sticking a leg out for the ball. So I contented myself with plenty of direction and one or two easy lay offs.

Suddenly there's a break on and two speedsters are heading straight for 'Gordon Banks' who is screaming rallying cries to his side. Shot on... BOOM..! The kid blasts on from about six yards and Ian leaps all over-dramatic to make the save... Cool dad or fecking what...!!!

It's surprising how hard a 12 year old kid can kick a ball, especially a casey. I watched the ball go past Ian's outstretched arm, past his fingers and into the bottom right corner...GOAL!!

But Ian was still down, on his knees back arched, head down. Paul can you help me he growled and I went right over.... He'd nearly made the save, got his fingers to it but it had been a long time since he tried to make a save like that and the ball had snapped his index finger and middle finger on his right hand, along with the tendons. He tried his best to walk off with a bit of dignity but his face said it all as he tried to tell the kid who took the shot it was all ok. Tom still talks about it as his most embarrassing day..!! :angel:

Haha, great story mate, you know your gonna come a cropper trying to be cool dad lol

I'm like you in that my little girl who is 5 thinks I'm the coolest human on earth, she is daddy's girl through and through lol..

My eldest is nearly 15, maybe I'm not so cool in her eyes, but I was still the one in her room last night for an hour helping with her work experience placement and letter writing.... There still daddy's girls at heart, they just spend more time embarrassed at you lol...

• Like 1

I have rants like that theres little things nobody else gives a bollock about that drive me absolutely insane !!.......It aint just kids who come up with all this stupid shit at least they have the excuse of being young and gullible !!.............Its middle aged men who suddenly start acting like complete melts that does my nut in even more than kids.......

Theres so many daft muggy things some blokes start doing around middle age it makes me wonder what our parents must think of us now !!! ( if they,re still around of course )

Edited by gnasher16

That was brilliant.......................you ever thought of becoming a sky commentator i was getting right into that then :D

I have rants like that theres little things nobody else gives a bollock about that drive me absolutely insane !!.......It aint just kids who come up with all this stupid shit at least they have the excuse of being young and gullible !!.............Its middle aged men who suddenly start acting like complete melts that does my nut in even more than kids.......

Theres so many daft muggy things some blokes start doing around middle age it makes me wonder what our parents must think of us now !!! ( if they,re still around of course )

I picked my Mrs up from a nightclub after she went to a Christmas do and it gave me a right chuckle seeing all the blokes my age (40 somethings) out side in their 2 bob suits trying to crack onto the young birds......giving it large cause they earn more than an 18 year old lad :laugh: and ware a hooky Ralph shirt with the suit.........you dare not put a match near them or they would go up like an Olympic torch theres that much plastic in the material :laugh:

Deffo a lot of desperation in the air that night :D