Dog Or Bitch...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

bitches for me ... ive got 2 dogs on now and they drive me mad pissing up every tree or blade of grass thats slightly longer than the rest

i use the term truer run.from the greyhound days.i always found the vast majority of bitches gave you a true run.100% on the job they had to do. not saying dogs dont,but in my expierence and from othe

I prefer dogs. I've heard the usual "bitches are more faithful, better with kids, more obedient etc". BUT anyone that has ever said that to me didn't keep dogs In my time around hounds and terriers

you can stop bitches coming in heat with plenty of work, and jabbing them... like I said had both and the ones worked best for me were bitches. dogs ok but put a dog In a motor on a trip out with bitches and watch him start to dribble, allways sniffing. I allways had bitches and tried a couple of dogs but aint got one in my kennel now. I geuss its down to personal preference. look at the winners of the old forleys except for a few exceptions most the winners were bitches over the years, and the same with animals in the wild most of the females are the hunters/providers. jmo. :thumbs:

• Like 1

My bitch now isn't a big problem with her seasons. She comes in season end of September and end of march.

The September one is a pain bang at start of season but she doesn't waste away like some people make out. I don't let her off for 2 weeks because she is a moody stubborn cow but I road walk her 6-8 miles a day and when she's finished her season she's ready to graft again. I can live with that.

• Like 1

Bitches but i've just got a dog pup on... :blink::doh::laugh:

Haha why did you go for the dog this time?

My take on it is simple... What do you gel with..??

I've kept enough of both over the years and for me, I like a good bitch.

Feel more comfortable working a bitch. Nowt wrong with dogs, to be honest I do well with 'em, the best dog i've owned was a dog but I know I bond better with a bitch...

Oh yer, this new pup... It was exactly what I was looking for after a very long search and a dog was what was available... Makes no difference IMO, blood outweighs gender in working dogs...

I prefer dogs. I've heard the usual "bitches are more faithful, better with kids, more obedient etc". BUT anyone that has ever said that to me didn't keep dogs :D

In my time around hounds and terriers, the total nutters have all been bitches and the calmest most even tempered I can remember have all been dogs.

• Like 2

I prefer dogs. I've heard the usual "bitches are more faithful, better with kids, more obedient etc". BUT anyone that has ever said that to me didn't keep dogs :D

In my time around hounds and terriers, the total nutters have all been bitches and the calmest most even tempered I can remember have all been dogs.

Ive kept dogs and ill say it,the most obedient and loyal,the easiest to train and get along with,have been of the female persuasion,easier to enter,easier to mould and educate,easier to please have usually been the bitches,dogs have usually been the easiest to get the hard work done,bitches have usually been capable earlier.

• Like 1

Bitches but i've just got a dog pup on... :blink::doh::laugh:

Haha why did you go for the dog this time?

My take on it is simple... What do you gel with..??

I've kept enough of both over the years and for me, I like a good bitch.

Feel more comfortable working a bitch. Nowt wrong with dogs, to be honest I do well with 'em, the best dog i've owned was a dog but I know I bond better with a bitch...

Oh yer, this new pup... It was exactly what I was looking for after a very long search and a dog was what was available... Makes no difference IMO, blood outweighs gender in working dogs...

Amen to that last bit ....

• Like 1

Thanks folks. Enjoyed reading them replies.

Just nipped out with my bitch for a hour to see what's about seeing as the season is upon us.

First 3 slips we blanked, 2 of them should definitely of been in the bag. I thought she had got them.

Then went onto another place and she got 2 out the first 2 slips. Missed her 3rd run and then we called it a night. So 2 out of 5, I guess she's a bit rusty but better than blanking...

40C39E49-3D6A-4A98-80F2-80DDAB66EACA-433

Bitches all the time, dogs are whinging messes, far to clingy for my liking, hate the constant pissing everywhere, attitude with other male dogs, only got on really well with one dog and that was the first i had, but never have a dog again by choice. Oh and they're piss bloody stinks!!

i've had good dogs and good bitches. sometimes dogs will challenge yiou a bit when they reach adolescence but i think you should have got a good relationship long before that stage so it shouldnt be a problem. occasionally a really dominant bitch can be a handful but again simple enough to get the relationship on an even keel if you know your business. bitches can be mean with pups brought in, not always but often enough to bear it in mind (never seen a dog mean to a pup) and if you have more than one dog its a safer bet to keep a pack of males tham females, two males will have a scrap and then its sorted, two bitches which have a fight can often never be trusted together again. as for work, bitches tend to start a little earlier, and are perhaps a little more switched on and aware at times, but that is a massive generalisation! i've been lucky with seasons, all my bitches have been once a year except one, and mostly they have fallen in spring. the one bitch was high summer and mid winter and i just used to work her through it, never saw any changes to her fitness or her temperament

• Like 1