Collie Greyhound

Isn't there anybody on here who hunts a border collie that could be used to stud?

One thing I found when I used to hunt pure border collies from working stock was they would all lamp and ferret more or less the same with a keen interest....seemed to keep their brain ticking over, but when it came to hunting up quarry they varied massively in their desire to do so, especially if they had to hunt when scents were few and far between which is what it is like around me.

On another note does anybody like abit of working beardie in the mix.......I'm really suprised working beardie blood isn't more common in collie lurchers, it seems really under valued.

I have a collie here that hunts with the lurchers and alone. used him once at stud and to be honest the pups turned out well physically, mentally they were to sensitive for most folk and would do your head in. I got sick of being pestered to use him again, so had his nuts off. there is enough dogs homes fillers out there as it is

xmas2011073.jpg

he doesnt mind getting stuck in

xmas2011052-1.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've ran 3/4 breds...one of the best dogs I ever had was a Hancock 3/4 by Taffy away back in the mid 1980s...had some great days and nights...had stamina limits though....greyhoundy feet and was hard

I got a 5/8 grey 3/8 collie from 2 hancock dogs, though not directly from his yard............she's been a honest bitch over the years, switched right on to the ferreting game, a great "companion" dog

Finn my first x collie/grey...   Done all I have asked....looking forward to winter.....          

Posted Images