Dog Law Changes Dda

Hello

As most of you may know changes are currently going through parliment that would change the law relating to "out of control" dogs. "Out of Control" includes barking and jumping up as well as biting. The change would extend the law to cover private property, the only exemption being inside dwellings. So under the new law a dog barking at someone, even if they were breaking into a shed, would mean the owner was commiting an offence. I do not expect you to take the word of an internet loon so here is a link to an article on the Telegraph website.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10138129/Owners-could-face-court-if-dog-bites-child-fetching-a-ball.html

On conviction the owner could get two years in jail, an unlimited fine and their dog distroyed. When challenged with examples like bites to people breaking into sheds or barking dogs being a crime, ministers just say the Police probably would not bother to prosecute. Even if that is always true it still does not rule out lots of stress, hassle, malicious complaints from neighbours and all the rest.

Obivously no-one wants posties or guests bitten but the new law goes too far. It would seem sensible to me to extend the exemption from just dwellings to include any locked private place; garden, dog kennel, farmyard, garage or whatever.

If you agree please consider contacting your MP (for an easy way google writetothem). As a second step you could raise awarness by contacting your local newspaper or other publication such as the letters page of the Countryman's Weekly, NFU countryside etc.

The amendment to the Dangerous Dogs Act is included in the "Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Bill".

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/2013-14/antisocialbehaviourcrimeandpolicingbill.html

Thank you for reading this far!

Well therez a lass over the back from me puts her dogs out 7 every morning then sods out all day leaving them barking all day long it might change her in the future

Where do we draw the line,a young girl gets killed in a house by 5 irresponsibly kept dog,s who,s owner should be behind Bars,and would have seen the aggression rising in the dog's over a period of time, and again we all have to suffer,the police will not be given lesson's in common sense, and some will take it to the extreme and arrest for the sake of it,its funny the dog barks and the owner can get done,some idiots kids can smash cars, up graffiti all over the place, sit shouting abuse at the elderly, steal cars vandalise what the see fit, because the parents cannot chastise there kids and install a set of consequences on them,even the courts set them free,everything in this country is around penalising the honest tax payer, if the dog is warning the house holders,some muppet is in the area that's his job, if the dog is barking endlessly because some body bought a emotional teddy bear,as a direct result of a andrex advert,who has no idea what a dog is, what its needs are,and treats the dog like a human,why does every thing need to be a law which affects the whole country,this country has a habit of imposing its will through poorly thought out law's,which do nothing to stop the idiots who cause the problems in the first place,

I need to leave this now rant over

• Like 3

IT IS GETTING TO MUCH but sum thing has to be dun all you see round by me is dog's working free i'v had to back two bull x's up 3/4 times by the shop with young kids how ant got no control over the dog's i'v been to the owners and all they said "the dog wont bite or harm the kids." may be but the kids cant control the dog when other dog go by. and got door slammed on me

There's loads of shit laws in place that don't get enforced this will just let the police deal with what before were civil laws IMO

Is this the bill that will make pitbulls legal again?

There's loads of shit laws in place that don't get enforced this will just let the police deal with what before were civil laws IMO

no pits will never legal again only muzzle+chip+nuts off., in some ways the new law will stop people having dangerous dogs loose on there proptey which is a good think.The amount of people that get bit that are work men etc, or just passing by the proptey, it will stop it. If you got have a dangerous dog, keep it in a run or with the owner, and thats how it should be, not loose doing its own thing. many farms have loose type guard dogs, and if you was just passing the place the bloody things will still try to get you., if the new law stops this great, ive had few close calls and if been a kid would have made the papers :yes:

no pits will never legal again only muzzle+chip+nuts off., in some ways the new law will stop people having dangerous dogs loose on there proptey which is a good think.The amount of people that get bit that are work men etc, or just passing by the proptey, it will stop it. If you got have a dangerous dog, keep it in a run or with the owner, and thats how it should be, not loose doing its own thing. many farms have loose type guard dogs, and if you was just passing the place the bloody things will still try to get you., if the new law stops this great, ive had few close calls and if been a kid would have made the papers :yes:

I think it was the dog control bill that was going to make all breeds legal,but they could be put down for barking at any animal or person.

Why don't they just make the owner completely liable for the dog at all times,and then clamp down hard on any idiots like the one who's 5 dogs killed that young girl?

If it stops that f*ckin yapping Piece of shit next door to me I'm all for it, it's a tiny havense type thing, when anyone passes the house its on the window sill yapping away, and the 1st thing they do no matter what day it is Saturday Sunday whatever 7-8am in the morning they open the back door let the f*cking thing out into the garden yapyap yap feckin yap.

They've both retired and are clearly immune to its noise.