The Dangers Of Drinking (Contains Graphic Image)

I just wanted to let you guys know that sent me messages of support and who have had dealings with me that my 26 year old Sister finally succumbed to her illness late last night. As you can imagine we are all devastated and just grieving at the moment although we always knew the outcome. I am very proud of her as I have never seen such dignity, strength and courage in the face of adversity, I am feeling very proud amongst a million other feelings at this moment in time. I wish I had handled myself in the same fashion instead of acting like a complete asshole! lol.

She is survived by her 3 year old son and her long term partner/recently husband both of whom have shown tremendous character and spirit also.

Not looking for any messages of sympathy at all, just wanted to repay the kindness shown to me previously and let you all know how things inevitably ended.

Honestly, I feel like a weight has been lifted and I am glad she is not suffering anymore, its a strange feeling.

As for my dumbass father who almost ripped his leg off in a drunken stupor, well he is just about back on his feet with the aid of a medical brace. lol. Some people never learn, he is one of them!

Thanks again everyone for all the kindness and concern shown.

Pat

I really hope there are happier times ahead for you and your family , never let that little boy forget what a brave , beautiful mother he had , the way she dealt with things is obviously an inspiration to you all :thumbs:

p.s cut your old fella a break lol

• Like 2

I just wanted to let you guys know that sent me messages of support and who have had dealings with me that my 26 year old Sister finally succumbed to her illness late last night. As you can imagine we are all devastated and just grieving at the moment although we always knew the outcome. I am very proud of her as I have never seen such dignity, strength and courage in the face of adversity, I am feeling very proud amongst a million other feelings at this moment in time. I wish I had handled myself in the same fashion instead of acting like a complete asshole! lol.

She is survived by her 3 year old son and her long term partner/recently husband both of whom have shown tremendous character and spirit also.

Not looking for any messages of sympathy at all, just wanted to repay the kindness shown to me previously and let you all know how things inevitably ended.

Honestly, I feel like a weight has been lifted and I am glad she is not suffering anymore, its a strange feeling.

As for my dumbass father who almost ripped his leg off in a drunken stupor, well he is just about back on his feet with the aid of a medical brace. lol. Some people never learn, he is one of them!

Pat

yeah it certainly kicks you down mate........everyday I upset me self ,........as I feel guilt in certain things....

I use too say ,.......I cant wait until all this is over and im feeling the guilt from it now........and it takes some adjusting too life and it is hard , but hang on tight mate......

the anger it leaves you with is un bearable.........everyday I work hard to get rid of the aggression...........it sorts me head out aswell.......

its left me with a deeper love of our kids and that is my repayment back to my wife..........too give the kids , what I never gave them before,..........and that aint by spoiling them.........but doing more with em ,.............

and you will find that if you spend a lot of time with your sisters children and help them in every way ,........it will give you some sort of self satisfaction,.......knowing that this is what your sister would of wanted...........

I look at me lads every night pal and think your everything too me ,.............your the closest thing ive got too your mum and well you will find out how much more it will bring you closer too your sisters children.....

im babbling on like a fooking agony aunt.........

rip pats sister........gutted for you all

• Like 3

Well mate that is terrible news. 26 is way too young. You mentioned you were a bit of a tear away in your youth.... Well maybe you can help to guide your nephew down the right path in life and be a top uncle too the wee man. I'm sure you will be. Chin up buddy.

R.I.P.

• Like 2

Condolences...........i did manage to laugh at your old mans escapades..........back on the booze i bet ?? :nono:

How did you guess? The man is a walking time bomb! This is just the latest in a long list of sauce related incidents.

And yes I will cut him a break as he is also not feeling tickety boo either at the moment. But only for a couple of weeks then it is business as usual.

As for the lad, I have a feeling when the smoke clears and all that he will vanish amongst his fathers side of the family, though I am sure the father will do an excellent job.

Cheers

Pat

Pat

My thoughts, love and prayers are with you and your family :yes: I can appreciate what you all are going through, We too have lost one of ours at a young age, be strong :thumbs:

Shroom

I can only echo what others have said mate.. Condolences to you and your family and rest in peace to your sister...

As for your nephew.. Force the hand mate, he's your family and I hope you build a relationship with him, and he knows how brave his mum was...

All the best for the future...

• Like 1

If that was the wedding, WTF happened on the stag? Must have been a belter!

Seriously tho, thank fekk the auld boy was coshed when that happened....mate did that same injury on the rugby park and he actually thought his foot had been ripped off.....he was in some state.

He has recovered well now tho, but it ended his playing.

All the best to your sis and her man......cancer is the worst of the worst.....dont like to think of the number of close rellies I have lost to it....its frightening...