Hi all ive been woundering for abit now whats happened to most of the good terriermen that used to give pups away to to keep yound terrier lads that are keen to work terriers and lurchers and keep are way of life going in the future. Has the terrier and lurcher game all gone or is going to the pound signs . Ppl selling pups for this price and that price . At the end of the day not everyone can afford half the prices now adays for good well bred terrier and lurcher pups .

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pups do get gifted all the time to trusted lads as has been said.I know lads that have gifted pups to people they think are to be trusted only to see the pup sold on at a later date.In fifteen years I

give up your latest mobile phone,stay of pop for a few weeks and you will have the coin sell your xbox?if you want something enough its not out of your reach-dont understand why anyone would go on pr

if you haven't the money for the decent bred pups then how about helping out a fella either by helping make new runs, feeding, cleaning up or helping him walk and train the dogs respect doesn't just h

for co antrim still few decent lads in the game but as you say few and far between

robert

100% mate. Darren, try and get dug in with lads that are into working there dogs for the love of owning dogs for work and nothing else. Money doesn't get mentioned, DO NOT trust anyone looking ££s for pups. Unless you know the code and are well clued in as to what they are bred from or for. I don't know any lads that are breeding working stock and advertising pups. They don't need to be advertised or sold for a price, for a reason. Atb Edited by THE GENERAL
  • Like 1

Hi general ive been working terriers for 15 yrs or so and im down to 1 oldish dog thats seen plenty. Im on the look out for new dogs to bring on or dogs that are ready to start .but it seems unless ppl are willing to pay silly money for pups that are bred right then theres no hope for me in the future of working terriers wich i live with a passion . And i dont want to be buying other ppls rubbish if u no what i mean Daz

And before someone says it . Im not out to crounge pups of ppl . And i dont know alot of terriermen and i tend to keep my self to my self and im not 1for talking about other ppls dogs or my own dogs for that matter . I love to work terriers and work then hard at what they are bred for . So no stupid comments plz . Daz

Hi general ive been working terriers for 15 yrs or so and im down to 1 oldish dog thats seen plenty. Im on the look out for new dogs to bring on or dogs that are ready to start .but it seems unless ppl are willing to pay silly money for pups that are bred right then theres no hope for me in the future of working terriers wich i live with a passion . And i dont want to be buying other ppls rubbish if u no what i mean Daz

Yeah mate I know what your saying, tell me this, if you've been working terriers for over 15 years and are stuck at the min for a few decent grafters in the yard. why would you have to search and pay for them?

Like i said general i keep my self to my self and ive just lost my last bitch that was in pup . And ive been talking to a few lads that i know and its the same shit £250 for that pup and so on. It seans that some lads are just out to make money off there young stock. And u hear the same shit all the time like ive put this dog to that bitch and the dogs and bitches are only yound them selves of 2year old bla bla bla if u get what i mean or its that bitch is 7 8or 9 yr old but the dogs only been dug 3 4 or 5 times and i cant be arsed with ppl like that anymore.

I only give dogs to people I can trust ...........and that's was people I use to go digging with years ago..........said a million times that having good feed back and a dig here and there is worth more than any price........

15 years, yourself to yourself???? so in them 15 years maybe you should have taken time to have helped others yourself rather than keeping yourself to yourself, maybe then you would not of found yourself in this position. what you are saying is you want pups/youngsters for free from people you don`t know. i may have read your posts wrong but that's what i can gather!!

there was a bloke close to were i live and he used to breed of good terriers an charge £50 for them thats a reasonable price for working strain terrier if you ask me

working dogs at working men price and would not sell if you said it was going to pet home. regards lee

Pups do get gifted all the time to trusted lads as has been said.I know lads that have gifted pups to people they think are to be trusted only to see the pup sold on at a later date.In fifteen years I would think that you must have made some contact with others that work their dogs.I don't see why men should be expected to give pups from their well bred working lines to total strangers when most of these youngsters are flash in the pan five minute wonders.In the game for five minutes then onto the next fad.Just my personal opinion the key word here is trusted!

• Like 7

Well said Moorman.

Also remember that people put ( or should ) a lot of time into their pups and feeding, worming, jagging, heat lamps etc all cost money. Not everyone can do this and give them away without getting something back.

I have lurcher pups at the minute and had to take my bitch for a C section, 490 bastid quid !! I am gifting 3 of them, keeping one and the others will be sold which will help pay the vet bill.

I have no problem gifting a pup, but only to people I know really well and trust :thumbs:

• Like 2