Ive Never Been So Skint!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thinking back i remember waiting to get paid from a job down to our last few quid i bought a sack of spuds and a load of meat pies we lived on pie n chips ,pie n mash all week ..by the weekend i`d bee

Don't pay attention to what other people are doing, there's a lot of people who are up to their eyeballs in debt but don't let on.

i`m in a fortunate position these days not saying we hav`nt gone without and at times its been a struggle and hard graft it all came together for me around 5 years ago when i started to reap the rewar

I have never been abroad with my mrs and we have been living together nearly 6 years now, but just because we can't afford a holiday (or heating at one point) i don't think we are skint, it's all down to your own perspective of what value is. I genuinely appreciate having running water, power and a roof over my head because I have lived without them in the past and I have never woken up thinking having a bigger house would make anything better.

• Like 1

aye this fishing trip jaunt,and ive week in holland when i get back,then ill seriously need to get back to work.its not long in going when there f**k all coming in.mind you the price of food,utilities etc certainly dont help either.must be murder for folk running a home and kids.i know when i was on school holidays,was never done running in the house asking for money,for one thing or other.mind you it wasnt 120quid trainers lol you would have been f***ing laughed at,or a skelp on the jaw,depending on thier mood at the time lol

I have never been abroad with my mrs and we have been living together nearly 6 years now, but just because we can't afford a holiday (or heating at one point) i don't think we are skint, it's all down to your own perspective of what value is. I genuinely appreciate having running water, power and a roof over my head because I have lived without them in the past and I have never woken up thinking having a bigger house would make anything better.

I saw an article along similar lines when the recession first kicked in. In summary it was saying that most people who say they're skint have a car or two, sky TV, a big plasma, laptops, a mobile per person etc. It's not that long ago when having a car meant you were doing quite well, and having sky meant you were well off. Makes you think!

I`ve come out the other end ok -- but seem to spend any spare cash helping my kids out ---- cost of everythings going up apart from wages

don't count your chickens pal, it's not over yet!

trust me I`m sorted ;)

• Like 2

I suppose I'm quite fortunate that the company I work for have annual cost of living reviews that are based on inflation, which coincidently I receiver today. So if bread and milk go up, my salary should reflect. I think a lot of people have it hard at the moment, I have friends who live on benefits due to disability that are fecking hard up and have friends who have 6 figure salaries that have felt the pinch.

• Like 1

It's all relative.. Me and the wife are getting by, just about.. As long as the bills are getting paid, we've got a roof over our head and food to put in our gobs I'm happy.. Running the car is a big drain and we need a car living where we do.. Not fussed about foreign holidays and stuff, personally I'd rather holiday somewhere in the UK. The kids love camping, and I'm lucky in that there are plenty of nice places to camp near enough right on my doorstep... :thumbs:

This has been the hardest year financially. Living alone now has made sure of that. But I've managed. Got this fishing thing... When really I can't afford it cause I have Ayia Napa the following week... Another thing I shouldn't have booked but f**k it your only young once.

I've always been good with money, always been the one with plenty cash, fast cars, good clothes and never miss a trip away. All changed now though......Even have to buy food stuff in the cheapo section...... Pisses me off!!!!

• Like 2

It's all relative.. Me and the wife are getting by, just about.. As long as the bills are getting paid, we've got a roof over our head and food to put in our gobs I'm happy.. Running the car is a big drain and we need a car living where we do.. Not fussed about foreign holidays and stuff, personally I'd rather holiday somewhere in the UK. The kids love camping, and I'm lucky in that there are plenty of nice places to camp near enough right on my doorstep... :thumbs:

i`m in a fortunate position these days not saying we hav`nt gone without and at times its been a struggle and hard graft it all came together for me around 5 years ago when i started to reap the rewards of 35 years of hard graft ... if you can provide and survive and you`ve got the love of your family that's all that counts .. :thumbs:

• Like 9

This has been the hardest year financially. Living alone now has made sure of that. But I've managed. Got this fishing thing... When really I can't afford it cause I have Ayia Napa the following week... Another thing I shouldn't have booked but f**k it your only young once.

I've always been good with money, always been the one with plenty cash, fast cars, good clothes and never miss a trip away. All changed now though......Even have to buy food stuff in the cheapo section...... Pisses me off!!!!

• Like 2

Times are getting harder for sure but I always look at my granddads generation for a little bit of inspiration . They had none of the material things we've got today, food was on ration as well and they're could of got a bomb on top of them at any time. Then after I've thought about that for a while I feel a bit better as I realise we're probably the weakest pampered generation to walk this country .

• Like 6

We heard you the first time! You'll not get no sympathy! :D

• Like 1