Sooty Sam Lines

What would be the difference between a working whippet and one of his dogs apart from about 3 inches in height.

after she passed i fetched another one from another well known line and he was the worst dog in the field you could ever imagine, he could run and chase a bag but was useless in all other respects when it came to being in the field
You get good and bad whippets in all lines, some have it some dont, was he a good Laguna dog, now there's good and bad Lagunas.
he wasn't laguna, neither are mb`s whippets laguna is a kennel club prefix that belongs to some else :thumbs:

He was Laguna linehttp://thewhippetarchives.net/details.php?id=8859

the dog i brought wasnt :laugh: laguna prefix belonged to Lilah Bond gunning

sooty sam was out of gillscar soft whisper and black lance, black lance was out of blue suede and laguna leezer, blue suede was out of laguna lennox and lagunna larripus, laguna leezer was out of laguna laqued and laguna christmas carol, laguna lenox was out of laguna light lagoon and laguna circle marjorie :thumbs:

And still does belong to Lilah Gunning Bond.

as far as im aware although she married :laugh:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Johnny 2,you spend a lot of time defending someone you've never seen hunt a dog,there's been a lot of sh*te talked about Mikes dogs that even he would laugh at,I knew Mike before he ever got into whip

Are you no getting a wee bit confused mate?   What most folk have said IS. . . . . they they have had pups from him, or out of his dogs and they have proved very good workers in the field, time afte

Have you actually been out with any of his dogs? Or many dogs from him?   Just out of interest?   And do you actually know how many litters he breeds mate?   Or is it all total theory?   Being

Posted Images

MB works his dogs?...

every dog??

really? :hmm:

dont see what you can get from mike brown that you cant get from any other guy who has a working whippet...

id rather buy from somebody...who has 1 honest whippet....regardless of its pedigree :yes:

Have you actually been to his yard mate, and know how many dogs he has got. It's not many at all. He has a small house :laugh::yes:

I agree what you say about workers mate, but it's like anything else, i'd take a known line of worker over one worker where i didn't know the gens before, whoever bred it and where ever it was from :thumbs:

Plenty other folk out there breeding decent whippets.

Mikes has done for me :thumbs:

When you went to mb's house did you get to see any of his dogs out working in the field?

Y.I.S Leeview

IMG_0115_zps1470237b.jpg

DSCF7248-1_zps2bd4f492.jpg

i dont know the guy....

and im not quoting anybody elses words...

from what i can gather....

it would be hard to have your dogs worked satisfactory...when you have many litters...

if you mate a bitch...how long is she out if action for?...

theres lads get stick on here for breeding a bitch...once the 'how many hard seasons has she done' ....'has she proved herself'....questions start.... they all get shiit for it :yes:

i see on the whippet archives...sooty sam...lord of the knight...STRIKE WHILE THE IRONS HOT... werent bred by mike?...was bred by a well known breeder of greyXwhippets Carl Williams

Y.I.S Leeview

dont get me wrong.... im not saying his dogs are shiit...i couldnt possibly know....

im making the point that his dogs will be on par with anybody who has a working whippet....

too many people hung up on names....

I've asked before on this subject and not one genuine reply as to Who has actually been out with mb and seen his dogs work(NOT stuff bred by him, the dogs he's breeding from)

Y.I.S Leeview

• Like 1

What would be the difference between a working whippet and one of his dogs apart from about 3 inches in height.

after she passed i fetched another one from another well known line and he was the worst dog in the field you could ever imagine, he could run and chase a bag but was useless in all other respects when it came to being in the field
You get good and bad whippets in all lines, some have it some dont, was he a good Laguna dog, now there's good and bad Lagunas.
he wasn't laguna, neither are mb`s whippets laguna is a kennel club prefix that belongs to some else :thumbs:

He was Laguna line

http://thewhippetarchives.net/details.php?id=8859

sooty sam was out of gillscar soft whisper and black lance, black lance was out of blue suede and laguna leezer, blue suede was out of laguna lennox and lagunna larripus, laguna leezer was out of laguna laqued and laguna christmas carol, laguna lenox was out of laguna light lagoon and laguna circle marjorie :thumbs:

the laguna prefix belonged to dorit mackay, lilah bond gunning is her daughter if my memory serves me correct

He was Laguna line

http://thewhippetarchives.net/details.php?id=8859

Dorritt McKay started the Laguna lines in the 40's Lilah Bond Gunning is her daughter who keeps the prefix going

Y.I.S Leeview

MB works his dogs?...

every dog??

really? :hmm:

dont see what you can get from mike brown that you cant get from any other guy who has a working whippet...

id rather buy from somebody...who has 1 honest whippet....regardless of its pedigree :yes:

Have you actually been to his yard mate, and know how many dogs he has got. It's not many at all. He has a small house :laugh::yes:

I agree what you say about workers mate, but it's like anything else, i'd take a known line of worker over one worker where i didn't know the gens before, whoever bred it and where ever it was from :thumbs:

Plenty other folk out there breeding decent whippets.

Mikes has done for me :thumbs:

When you went to mb's house did you get to see any of his dogs out working in the field?

Y.I.S Leeview

IMG_0115_zps1470237b.jpg

DSCF7248-1_zps2bd4f492.jpg

i dont know the guy....

and im not quoting anybody elses words...

from what i can gather....

it would be hard to have your dogs worked satisfactory...when you have many litters...

if you mate a bitch...how long is she out if action for?...

theres lads get stick on here for breeding a bitch...once the 'how many hard seasons has she done' ....'has she proved herself'....questions start.... they all get shiit for it :yes:

i see on the whippet archives...sooty sam...lord of the knight...STRIKE WHILE THE IRONS HOT... werent bred by mike?...was bred by a well known breeder of greyXwhippets Carl Williams

Y.I.S Leeview

dont get me wrong.... im not saying his dogs are shiit...i couldnt possibly know....

im making the point that his dogs will be on par with anybody who has a working whippet....

too many people hung up on names....

I've asked before on this subject and not one genuine reply as to Who has actually been out with mb and seen his dogs work(NOT stuff bred by him, the dogs he's breeding from)

Y.I.S Leeview

Not everybody uses public forums.And your point is?

Johnny 2,you spend a lot of time defending someone you've never seen hunt a dog,there's been a lot of sh*te talked about Mikes dogs that even he would laugh at,I knew Mike before he ever got into whippets in his APT days,there's a reason he does'nt have a website or advertises to much and Johnny if you're as tight knit with him as you make out then you'll know it,he would never sell a dog saying it will be all this or all that,he never boasts of sooty sams exploits,as he says "its just a whippet",I got a big dog pup off sooty sams last litter when my lad was 11 some years back now and a year later my lads mate bought another off a daughter he had kept back for breeding off,neither were of much use really,my lads dog had plenty of stamina but not a lot of speed and his mates was a bit quicker but was always getting knocked up and injured,in fact it was retired with arthritus aged 5yr and we gave ours away to a lad that did'nt get out as much as us,these dogs were from mikes yard as I used to drop in for a cuppa,as regards excercise and working them,well they get a walk up the mountain behind his house but see no heavy work and I must say I never seen a rabbit hanging up in the yard,regarding breeding loads well he only ever had 3 bitches when I was last there,it appears like most things in life a legend has sprung up about a half decent whippet that could'nt get near to a decent lurcher,my lad laughs when he sees posts like these on websites talking a line up that they don't know the roots of or the fella thats breeding them,make no mistake mike has always made money from any breed of dog he's kept and this is no different,at the end of the day if you're happy with what the dogs are doing then thats all that matters but don't think they are in the same strata as a half decent bred lurcher,thats why there has been a large infusion of greyhound blood to increase the size for work,WM

• Like 8

thats the answer we been waitin for infusion of greyhound blood so realy there grews not pedi whippets or are they just big wipps with a blokes name to em but surley if sam was the start of it in 91 they cant be atrue strain after 22 years just aline of some wones favourd typs so next question when was greyhound poped in there and was it coursing ortrack blood

Johnny 2,you spend a lot of time defending someone you've never seen hunt a dog,there's been a lot of sh*te talked about Mikes dogs that even he would laugh at,I knew Mike before he ever got into whippets in his APT days,there's a reason he does'nt have a website or advertises to much and Johnny if you're as tight knit with him as you make out then you'll know it,he would never sell a dog saying it will be all this or all that,he never boasts of sooty sams exploits,as he says "its just a whippet",I got a big dog pup off sooty sams last litter when my lad was 11 some years back now and a year later my lads mate bought another off a daughter he had kept back for breeding off,neither were of much use really,my lads dog had plenty of stamina but not a lot of speed and his mates was a bit quicker but was always getting knocked up and injured,in fact it was retired with arthritus aged 5yr and we gave ours away to a lad that did'nt get out as much as us,these dogs were from mikes yard as I used to drop in for a cuppa,as regards excercise and working them,well they get a walk up the mountain behind his house but see no heavy work and I must say I never seen a rabbit hanging up in the yard,regarding breeding loads well he only ever had 3 bitches when I was last there,it appears like most things in life a legend has sprung up about a half decent whippet that could'nt get near to a decent lurcher,my lad laughs when he sees posts like these on websites talking a line up that they don't know the roots of or the fella thats breeding them,make no mistake mike has always made money from any breed of dog he's kept and this is no different,at the end of the day if you're happy with what the dogs are doing then thats all that matters but don't think they are in the same strata as a half decent bred lurcher,thats why there has been a large infusion of greyhound blood to increase the size for work,WM

attachicon.gifDSCN0823.jpg

He does have a website.And yeah its no secret he was into apbt.Not sure how im making out im tight knit with him?Is this because i had a bit of a piss take about plummer terriers?

cba010_zps5c2c41c1.jpg

Sire and Dam of my pup, sire is MB bred a 23 inch Whippet who is 100% on all quarry.

And is a producer of good working stock.

cba010_zps5c2c41c1.jpg

Sire and Dam of my pup, sire is MB bred a 23 inch Whippet who is 100% on all quarry.

And is a producer of good working stock.

23 inch whippet, eh, rubbish

I have never seen a whippet work..

Seen loads of pictures, so I aint claiming to be an expert :laugh::laugh:

But going off looks alone.. I would go for a whippet like Joes, its big a stong. To me it looks like a Grew,its impressive..

Heard a few lads say Darren Gallager has a good whippet at Stud..

I have liked the look of Mallys Whippets.. Not seen him post much for a while..

go on facebook and fill your boots :laugh:

Dose Mally put a few pictures up on facebook ??

I have never seen a whippet work..

Seen loads of pictures, so I aint claiming to be an expert :laugh::laugh:

But going off looks alone.. I would go for a whippet like Joes, its big a stong. To me it looks like a Grew,its impressive..

Heard a few lads say Darren Gallager has a good whippet at Stud..

I have liked the look of Mallys Whippets.. Not seen him post much for a while..

go on facebook and fill your boots :laugh:

Dose Mally put a few pictures up on facebook ??

:laugh::yes:

Sooty Sam is out of Laguna lines regardless of what people think, and I don't think he was oversize just 21"tts which is just acceptable for a whippet, the introduction/ breeding of bigger whips was after, even the show whippets now are big, one of my bitches has SS in her lines way back but thankfully this will be Laguna blood and nothing else, my two bitches are the correct size 18"tts and do exactly what's expected of them, they are rabbiting dogs in the season, and I race and course them through the summer.

• Like 2