Sooty Sam Lines

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Johnny 2,you spend a lot of time defending someone you've never seen hunt a dog,there's been a lot of sh*te talked about Mikes dogs that even he would laugh at,I knew Mike before he ever got into whip

Are you no getting a wee bit confused mate?   What most folk have said IS. . . . . they they have had pups from him, or out of his dogs and they have proved very good workers in the field, time afte

Have you actually been out with any of his dogs? Or many dogs from him?   Just out of interest?   And do you actually know how many litters he breeds mate?   Or is it all total theory?   Being

Posted Images

Who dares to speak out against the almighty.... :laugh:

I Dont Know You Mate And I May Be Wrong But You Really Do Come Across As Bitter & Twisted Towards M.B. People Have Been Genuine Enough Talking About The Dogs They Have Had Off Him And When Your Questioned On Your Knowledge Off This Type You Come Back With Childish Posts Like The 1 Above .

Look....

Im not bitter or twisted towards mike brown....

I couldnt give a flying fcuk about him, his dogs or what he does with them....

But when people say...he works his dogs...has has been said on the first page...and other theads ive seen with the same subject...

Its been on other forums too :yes:

Nobody can prove...he worked his dogs....

I dont care what the offspring are like... if theyre good or not...

I only wanted to know if he worked them.

The truth be known...i have NO interest in 'lines'...laguna...oakbark...and whatever else is out there....

I will probably....never breed a litter....and have never taken an interest in my dogs pedigree...no more than a quick look...

I genuinly fall asleep listening to people who seem to think i want to know the lines in their dog when i only asked if it was a ped.

The dogs ive seen from mike brown...are far taller than you would expect...and to me....look really 'bull' looking.... there as far from the traditional whippet as you can get...

How far is too far...before its not a whippet anymore? .....

Hey, these are just my opinions...

Right or wrong....its what i think...

Ive said all there is to be said on this subject.

Happy hunting :thumbs:

Lol You Couldn't Give A Fukc About His Dogs Or Him ?? . . So Why Comment On His Lines Or Him Seems Strange. I Personally Dont Give A Fukc About Plummer Terriers Therefore I Don't Comment On Them Or The Man Who Bred Them As I Didnt Know Him .

You Don't Care What The offspring Are Like Good Or Bad ?? . . Surely That Should Be Your Only Interest Whether They Work . . Good Or Bad . . And The Majority Off People Who Have WORKED These Lines Know What There Capable Off And Say So , Though Maybe Im Missing Something Here .

All The Best.

• Like 3

I think to many people project their own mind set and egotistical way of thinking on to a man that has made a huge impact on the whippets seen ( for the better) . They may assume like a previous poster says that he thinks hes the almighty and so its in some peoples nature to try take people down a peg or two. I spoke to him for the first time a few months back about buying a pup and i must say he struck me as a genuine carachter, and as a complete stranger to me he stressed to me in that conversation that he was just lucky to got sooty sam. He seemed quite humble about what he had done with this line but he did tell me with confidence that i wouldnt be disappointed with what i got. Just ask around he said. It seems its the people that own and work his dogs that put him on a pedestal simply because of what they see in the field

• Like 1

At no point have I said mike is the almighty or the be all and end all of whippets far from the the fact what I am saying is he breeds very good working dogs which I have seen numerous of dogs he has bred with my own eyes if you read back I've said they aren't everyone's type of dog but suit me and what I do and that's why I went to mike for my pup. At no point have I placed mike on a pedestal or tried to knock someone else down a peg or 2 cause that is not the type of person I am made the point in this case many people talk down about mike and his breeding without ever speaking to him or witnessing any of his progeny work

• Like 1

Hillbilly im fighting from the same corner as you, i was aiming that post towards people that was trying to knock m instead of just judging the dogs themselves on their own merits. Im in work, havnt the time to rread back over my post but maybe i worded it badly and came off the wrong way

I have never seen a whippet work..

Seen loads of pictures, so I aint claiming to be an expert :laugh::laugh:

But going off looks alone.. I would go for a whippet like Joes, its big a strong un . To me it looks like a Grew,its impressive..

Heard a few lads say Darren Gallager has a good whippet at Stud..

I have liked the look of Mallys Whippets.. Not seen him post much for a while..

Darren Gallergers whippet is no good, just talked up a lot by Darren him self. He quotes on his stud advert, "as seen on tv and the field sports channel" yeah, seen looking like a total amateur with an amateur dog. People mention m.b adding bull blood in his lines, well if this is true I'd rather it be bull blood than Italian greyhound blood!! Because that's what mr Gallagher has done, he has an Italian greyhound x whippet bitch, bred from her with his so called super dog and brought some dodgy papers in the name of another bitch from that Tanya and registered the litter! He's a dodgy fella him, with a mouth bigger than his ego. I wouldn't let that dog of his shag my leg! Edited by ilikewhippets
  • Like 1

I dont know him and to be fair I have heard mixed reviews about him..

He aint ever done nothing wrong to me tho :victory:

On moochers used to be a few more lads that kept and worked whippets..

Penny meadows was one I remember.. Seemed a Great Chap and dogs to match :thumbs: