Surprised the fight has been signed, but they'll both be earning serious coin from it.

I like Fury, a proper character, his fights always bring excitement and i bet he's a decent enough guy behind all the daft talk and shite he spouts on twitter (disrespecting Lennox Lewis was a step too far i reckon, big Lennox would still put him to sleep with 1 right hand, even after spending the last few years sat on a Jamaican beach smoking the herb :yes: )

I'm no fan of Haye after the Klitscko debacle, gave it the big un, got fans to shell out for PPV, then put in that performance, lame. He's a smart businessman and was a killer at cruiserweight, but his career in the last few years has left me cold, all about the cash, he's not a fighters fighter by any means, whereas i get the impression Fury would fight for free in a car park if needs be :laugh:

Saying all that, i still think this is a real bad match for big Tyson.

The facts are -

He's been dropped by no mark heavyweights and a non punching cruiserweight, Haye is by far a faster and more explosive puncher than anyone Tyson's fought.

He struggled with an out of shape Chisora, who Haye ko'd when he had actually had a proper training camp and was very fit and sharp.

He's upright and open to the overhand right, gets banged with it in every fight, and that happens to be Haye's best punch.

He's a proper fighter, so when he get's tagged he comes back blazing, brave but not smart, Haye is a superb finisher, when he gets a guy hurt he doesn't let them off the hook, he might be a money and fame obsessed knob but he's a serious puncher with a nasty streak when he turns it on.

He's relatively inexperienced and never been in a fight of this size, how will he cope mentally under that sort of pressure? Haye is has been in huge fights and fought for world titles, we know he can come up with the goods in massive fights where he's not guaranteed to win (Enzo, Mormeck, Chisora)

I hope the fight is competitive, but i just think all of the above means we could see a one sided beating, if Fury can't cope with Haye's speed early and make him respect his power, he's gonna get a right hand detonated on his chin in the first few rounds, and he'll either stay down or get up and take some horrible shots on his way to getting stopped.

Great fight though, looking forward to the build up and smack talk, they've both got massive ego's so i probably won't mind seeing either of them getting a hiding and brought down a peg or two :laugh:

just to add to this, i reckon Tyson's best chance is late on, if he can avoid the bombs, imposes his size on the inside, keeps his jab sharp and varied and avoids going back in straight lines when put under pressure, he might have a chance in the later rounds.

Even though Fury has been criticised about his body shape, he's clearly in good condition or he wouldn't be able to recover so well when he gets dropped.

He'll be in just as good shape as Haye, so if he can drag him late on, you never know...

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im just curious Newsboy......where do you get this remarkable knowledge and insight into the game that " us lot " as you put it....dont have ? I dont agree with Brookie but i understand his opinions

Of the 5 fights Haye has won at Heavyweight......4 of them were won by stoppage......2 of them in world title fights.....................to compare Hayes list of opponents to Furys is just being silly

Tyson Fury is past confidant he is deluded and the way he trash talks other boxers shows the man has no class ...One thing about Hayes prep for a fight is its very meticulous and he works with a world

well lads its on just heard on the news but cant remember the date :laugh:

its september the 28th in manchester
Well Hayes signed whats Furey waiting for ???........Either his bluffs been called or he,s taking some good advice !
dont be worrying about ty or his assumed bluff gnash .one thing for sure he wont run nor blame a bruised toe .hes got the heart of a fighter and bluffs and running all night aint on the itinerary .lets hope haye comes to fight as well :thumbs: .cos hes in for one hell of a scrap mate
Great should be an interesting fight :thumbs: .............and in all fairness for all his faults id give the kid his dues and say he does seem a fighting man in his heart if nothing else.......combine that with freakish size and very unorthodox style and youve suddenly got a dangerous opponent......looking forward to this fight.
be a great fight gnash . discipline is the key .
. Spot on but tacticaly. A hard one to call tyson out reaches but punching down. Plus. He aint got the fastest of hands He is going to have to hold haye try and bully him in the clinches and take chances on landing big shots he wont out work haye , haye will come in from the sides and try to cut down tysons leverrage He will keep tight. Working in side making it hard for tyson to throw shots Hope the fight lives up to all the hype that will start and may the best man win

Just out of interest.....i was speaking to a very experienced trainer about this fight the other day whos trained British,European and World Champions..........his theory is if Furey can get Haye into the second half of the fight he,ll beat him.....which i found interesting.

Personally i think even if Furey does show great discipline i dont think he has enough ring savvy to keep away from Haye to get him into the second half of the fight......we can talk as technical and tactical as you like 1 big right hand can quickly throw all that out the window.....and i think Furey will definately have to take a few of those.....i think if Furey can beat him it will be on heart and desire rather than tactical genius.

ty got more than enough ring savvy .hes been in a ring fighting since a child ,hes been mixing and training with good fighters since a little boy .hes more than a match for haye .hayes in for a big shock cos he like a few others doesnt rate tys power nor hand speed .ty wont be found wanting .ty needs to stay very disciplined dont get riled by haye to early .hands high good jab going constant and stay upright . unload on haye on the ropes ,rough him up on the ropes .warren will have the ref on his side thats the norm he will jump on ty as soon as he ties haye up and will pull em apart . ty stays disciplined high guard good jab going .6th 7th round .haye should start to feel the effects and then ty should start to get on top and punish haye . But we all know hayes a poacher and should take nothing for granted with him .discipline is the key .to ty winning

To high a gaurd brookie leave you wide open for body shots tyson will know his defence tactic lennox was a master at the cover up and use of hight hight weight Rememeber what smokin. Joe used to say PUNCH THE BODY AND THE HEAD WILL DIE !!!!

ty got more than enough ring savvy .hes been in a ring fighting since a child ,hes been mixing and training with good fighters since a little boy .hes more than a match for haye .hayes in for a big shock cos he like a few others doesnt rate tys power nor hand speed .ty wont be found wanting .ty needs to stay very disciplined dont get riled by haye to early .hands high good jab going constant and stay upright . unload on haye on the ropes ,rough him up on the ropes .warren will have the ref on his side thats the norm he will jump on ty as soon as he ties haye up and will pull em apart . ty stays disciplined high guard good jab going .6th 7th round .haye should start to feel the effects and then ty should start to get on top and punish haye . But we all know hayes a poacher and should take nothing for granted with him .discipline is the key .to ty winning

I'm not an expert on Hayes career Geoff but I'd imagine that Haye as been in the ring since a youngster too and being older as more experience at this level too. :thumbs:

He hasnt faced anyone with Hayes accuracy..........when a fighter becomes wary of leading off because the other man is so accurate he starts to take chances..........if he starts taking chances with Haye he,s going to get hit harder,faster and more accurately than he,s ever been hit before...........that said any fighter must play to his advantage and Fureys advantage is his rough and tumble unorthodox style and size so playing to his advantage could be his undoing.........i hate to say it but i really think this could be the fight Furey will realise the necessity of a top notch experienced trainer.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2

can some put a link up of david haye talking about this fight like to hear what he as to say about it :thumbs:

press conferance tomorrow

thats right gte its being officially announced today,just seen a news clip with haye facing tys cousin hughie