New Season In France

Some good days out with the look of things. And some nice looking dogs. Do you dig as many foxes as you do badgers? And do your terriers work the foxes any different to how the work a badger?

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know exactly what do you mean by "mix", it means to bite ? If it means to bite, they are more barkers than mixers. Betty, the left one on the pic, is my best jack (10 badgers in 5 hunts this

Some pics from my digging class  

Posted Images

I'm glad you said that Blaise, over this side of Europe many's a poor terrier man has found himself in trouble while hunting foxes and some "expert" has said that foxes wont live in the same earth as a badger.

Pity these so called experts don't talk to those who know.

• Like 2

Dug both in the same sette at the same time quite a few times.

One January I was digging a badger sette that had nearly always provided, 2 foxes and 2 badgers, the second dig out in the field below broke through to see the fox and badger at a bit of a set 2, dunno what the terrier made of that!

Edited by Columbo
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
After a month of fails, luck came back.

For 5 days hunting, we had just one successful. We had never known such difficulties before. Dogs were hunting, may be too big places, probably warm weather.

But, for two week-end, luck is with us.

These badgers have been caught with a young patterdale, one year.

post-80985-0-29102400-1438275514_thumb.jpg
  • Like 5
You don't know the situation in my area. All the places we hunted this year have never been dug.

Badgers are numerous, it isn't the matter.

In this area, you can't hunt without kill badgers. You are allowed to hunt because you kill. If you you don't kill, you aren't allowed.
  • Like 5

Scotland is polluted wae they fat smelly feckers pmsl. But they anti feckers packam the RSPCA all that mob still try and tell joe public they are rare there should be a repeal on badgers every hole in the ground is a badger sett according too the anti brigade and everyone with a spade over there shoulder and a terrier is a badger baiter in this country to many do gooders.

• Like 3

After a month of fails, luck came back.
For 5 days hunting, we had just one successful. We had never known such difficulties before. Dogs were hunting, may be too big places, probably warm weather.
But, for two week-end, luck is with us.
These badgers have been caught with a young patterdale, one year.

Well done the dog just a shame you have to kill so many.

Maybe France is the same as here polluted with the fat feckers we had a cull here for the last two years in bovine infected areas if badgers were still hunted in this country in my opinion we wouldn't have as many problems with bovineTB.

The do gooders bringing in laws that were not needed anti feckers brain washing joe public.

Don't fix what's not broken.

• Like 1