New Season In France

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know exactly what do you mean by "mix", it means to bite ? If it means to bite, they are more barkers than mixers. Betty, the left one on the pic, is my best jack (10 badgers in 5 hunts this

Some pics from my digging class  

Posted Images

Unfortunatly, We have some problems with a bill concerning biodiversity.

A few deputies try to introduce a vicious article. They are against badger hunting and they have stupid arguments. In fact, They are legislating on their own urban legends.

Consequently, they want to ban hunting of mammals during reproduction period and dependency of youngs. Big games (deer, boar, chamois...) aren't concerned despite they are hunted during these periods.

Reproduction and dependency aren't defined. They claim that badger are nursing their youngs for a very long time (without any proof).

In an usual acceptance, reproduction's period is mating-births. But concerning badgers, this period covers 12 months, february to february. Thus, we could never hunt badgers...

I hope the others deputies are wiser. We'll explain them what we do and what's a badger.

you have to fight it mate its the thin end of the wedge to ban hunting once they start it only gets worse the green have started in Germany fckin everything up for hunters and think of all the TB you will get in your cattle , fight the fight all the best top

• Like 4
The new season is open !
The hunt was a bit difficult this morning. Three holes 6 feet each, dog's working during 4 hours. A good badger in a labyrinth.

Morning

post-80985-0-52481700-1431938870_thumb.jpg

Afternoon

post-80985-0-31107400-1431938902_thumb.jpg

Happy.

• Like 9
  • 2 weeks later...

Its good to see the women and kids involved,do you strip the teckle of clip its coat blaise

They aren't mine. They belong to friends.
These teckels' coats aren't strip off. It's their natural coat.

Good posts Blaise, out of interest where do the people in the photos get the overalls from? They look hard wearing and handy to have.

Yes they are.
It's the overall from AFEVST (Association des Equipages de Venerie Sous Terre). They buy in AFEVST shop. This AFEVST shop is on the main game fairs in France. Or by post.

Blaise i really envy the freedom ye have as regards hunting with terriers.I also from reading your posts see that ye do not use a locater on your dogs,can i ask have ye ever had the misfortune to lose a terrier to ground because of this.I know you use sounders or the sounder type but accidents can happen like a cave in or a place you always thought was digable suddenly turns out to be deep and the dog cant be located.I know ye have your laws but would it not be wiser to collar up and give the terrier a safer life,jmo,i dug years ago pre-locater but would never enter a terrier without a collar on nowadays.I really enjoy your posts and reading about your ways of hunting,keep them coming.

• Like 2