Will The Minutes Silnce Work At The Football On Saturday.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The minute silence is to show respect for someone who has passed away. Why would anyone observe it if they don't respect her? It's a load of pish anyhow, minute silence for politicians, queen mother..

If you asked me about Thatcher last week I would of ranted and raved about her exploits and given vent to my spleen for hours ,now though she is just an old lady who died , those who admired or respe

thatcher ,...............good or bad any body with a brain will respect the minute...........

Rugby games declare there holding it. :yes:

that,ll be rugby union,can,t see it happening at league grounds

which are predominantly based in pit towns

Same with the south Wales union clubs.. Think it would be seen as an insult for a team like the Ospreys to try to impose one with their history based in around the Neath and Swansea areas.

the simple matter that such a controversial figure is a the center of all this is the crux

of the matter she is hated by a substantial amount of the population & nobody has

the right to tell them to show respect to her & for the to do so would be hypocritical.

just coz someone is dead don't mean they deserve respect

• Like 1

If you asked me about Thatcher last week I would of ranted and raved about her exploits and given vent to my spleen for hours ,now though she is just an old lady who died , those who admired or respected her are welcome to their opinion ,if they want to give her a minutes silence fair enough , I will neither disrupt or observe one .

• Like 4

If there is a minutes silence or a collection or anything for a cause/person I don't feel worthy I have more self respect than to crash it and make a twat of myself. If you don't feel it worthy of respecting, vote with your feet like a mature adult and don't show up. It doesn't matter how much you hate the person I would be discraced by any intentional disruption of what is meant to be a mark of respect by those that have some. If you don't at least have the respect to make yourself quiet or scarce.

As for the topic of whether football clubs should be doing it. No, it's asking for trouble and f**k all to do with football.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2

She will get nothing but derision here in S.Yorks..which she wholly deserves...Ruined the lives of thousands in the yorkshire area. An area which is still reeling from the pit closures. Many of who got criminal records caused by a slap happy policeforce on the word of that vile woman. I hope she rots in hell :yes:

• Like 2

........i dont see it as a rich against poor conflict ,....im poorer than poor but i will give a minute for any one even me worst enemies,.....as long as someone hasnt done anything morally wrong,....we had a local buisnessman murdered here ,....he would buy run down buisnesses and promise them this and that and stitch them up and come out smelling of roses financially time and time again......

well his down fall was when he stitched up a bloke who lost his house and familiy ,...........he went round to his house and shot him on his own door step and then killed himself in the church yard........

would i put iron lady in the category as this buisnessman ,..........me personally i wouldnt .......

i wouldnt give the buisnessman a minute of my piss......but was lady thatcher really that bad,.......i morally think she wasnt , it was the same for every person who lived under her reign . each to there own....and it has been said she wouldnt of let these aliens on our land .......

Ok So What Your Saying Is A Man With Power Who Stitched People Up To The Extreme That 1 Lost There Home And Family You Wouldn't Give Him A Minutes Silence . . Though You'd Give Thatcher That Honour !! Well If You Knew What Her Actions Brought To Millions You'd Be In A Good Position To See There Reasons For Showing Her No Respect !

Once again football will be the easy target for societies failures..............regardless what your political views are a prime minister has nothing to do with football they dont represent the country the queen does..............personally id respect any minutes silence,but its unrealistic and plain stupid to think everyone will on saturday.

• Like 2