• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

KILL YERSEL...

The real 'top class' pups aren't for sale...they're free.... :thumbs:

How old was stud dog ?? suppose all dogs can spew but a good dog with 3+ hard seasons being dug to week in week out (or when fit) shouldnt spew !!! I know of a dog from near me that was dug to every 2

How old was stud dog ?? suppose all dogs can spew but a good dog with 3+ hard seasons being dug to week in week out (or when fit) shouldnt spew !!! I know of a dog from near me that was dug to every 2 months + and looked a very good dog with lads wanting to use as a stud but as soon as it was used in a few times in a short space of time (not sore) it walked . Not saying dog you used was no good just saying that some lads use dogs that look good been used lightly and thats where mistakes are made atb true saxon :thumbs:

• Like 6

There's not a lot you could do in that situation , once its done its done. Me personally i would be gutted and always have doubts . Although I would still keep the pups and give them a chance to prove themselves.

Scenario, you use a stud dog on your bitch, and the dog spews a week or 2 later. Your bitch is in pup so what do you do?

You don't do anything, you carry on as planned and see how the pups go

Without knowing the scenario as to why the dog came off who can give a decent reply?

• Like 6

think back on the lines of the dog where there many good ones? if it was working up to it pups should be grand... the line of good dogs ill still be in genes.. don't get dishearted on pups cause you'll always see worst in them lol ATB mate :thumbs:

• Like 2

lads first of the stud dog you going to use should have at least 5 or 6 good consistent seasons done and should always be able to get up close and kill his fox.. so him jacking in doesnt come into question.. also the bitch used has to be top class.. good finder .able to work and dig on and handle and stay until dug to... no excuses lads.. get the basics right and you breed good honest stock.. to many using poor 14 to 15 month old stud dogs with nothing done and worse still using poor bitches..loads of shite being bred and not hard to get it right if you stick to the basics.. and travel lads . dont take the local dog all the time.. and see the stud dog work or the bitch if you providing the stud dog.. if they not good enough be honest with yourself..

• Like 5

a bitch i had in the 70s got out in heat got served with fxxk knows anyways i keep 2 bitch pups put them at rats along with the ma about 6 months old loved them self entered about 9 months 2 of th best i ever had. so you never know keep a couple and try them.

What about this.......stud dog DOESN'T spew because it hasn't had enough work to see if it will spew....... Would you still want a pup..... :blink:

why would you use the dog in the first place?

An awful lot of terriers are bred from workers that see little work,a sad fact of life.If the stud had seen 3 or 4 seasons honest graft and then decided to pack it in,id be happy enough with a pup from it,it would be a more fitting stud than a lot that are being used,especially the more pretty ones.

• Like 2