The Saluki X ... Ffs

i always thought these were 1 of the best looking x of lurcher

so ive always wanted 1 just based of its looks alone . as not alot of hares here

to be honest i live in somerset not the fens .

but i did end up getting 1

IVE NEVER KNOWN A FECKING DOG LIKE IT .. ive got patches where im pulling me hair out

:blink::cray:

• Like 8

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i always thought these were 1 of the best looking x of lurcher so ive always wanted 1 just based of its looks alone . as not alot of hares here to be honest i live in somerset not the fens .  

If its got tits, wheels or feathered ears its usually f**k all but trouble. ......

You just got to get on their wave length...once you're there they can do everything any other lurcher can......probably alot more besides.....   I expect mine to do the basics, be stock broken, list

i always thought these were 1 of the best looking x of lurcher

so ive always wanted 1 just based of its looks alone . as not alot of hares here

to be honest i live in somerset not the fens .

but i did end up getting 1

IVE NEVER KNOWN A FECKING DOG LIKE IT .. ive got patches where im pulling me hair out

:blink::cray:

you need to get a sence of humour :laugh:

• Like 1

some of them can get you like that, i tried every thing with one bitch i had but couldnt get her right, once she was of lead she was of, but the saluki bitch i had before her wouldnt leave my side and naturaly retrieved, and the two i got now are quite obidient, not a collie cross by any means but they stay with me and come back most of the time lol, atb.

I feel your pain, i also have my first saluki based bitch, and we are putting in the basic training now, very different to my last dog.

Still, bags of potential, and luckily i'm fairly laid back myself :D

Mine is trying to make friends with the wife, today it brought her a chewed up mouse and placed it on her lap lol, at least the thought was there, i don't think she got the reaction she hoped for though.

I'm thinking they are part cat.

• Like 2

You just got to get on their wave length...once you're there they can do everything any other lurcher can......probably alot more besides.....

I expect mine to do the basics, be stock broken, listen to me, retrieve land or water fur or feather, run the beam, jump on command, be 100% around stock as well as more besides.

Don't buy an adult and expect to make it into a silk purse, 'cos someone's generally ruined it and you may struggle to get a bond. Saluki hybrids do not like being passed from one person to the next, they like to know where their home is, who their master is and they are just about as loyal as any other dog......

Sure, not all of them make the grade, but those that do are fairly good at filling a freezer or three..... :victory: JD

p.s, I've never had a problem with recall, ever.

• Like 7

Salukis work for themselves that is the basis of the deal the owner has with them , The lad who said the saluki brought a mouse to his wife the reason is that usually a saluki will attach itself to one persdon and considers that as its master unfortunately for you it looks like yours prefers your Mrs as for stock breaking thats a prefered taste dont stock break mine just extra careful where I run them.

Edited by desertbred

Can't speak of first hand experience of full salukis or even there hybrids.. so I won't. But I wouldn't be without proper coursing dog blood in my lurchers now. Once they figure out you and them are tied together by the hunt they give you a bond like iv never had with a lurcher an can do it all. Add this too the gears an wind the coursing dogs add and feet an d I ended changing meself to accomdate the x. Once you on there level you'll never look back

i find you need a lot more patience and understanding with them than some other crosses and tbh there are some people that would never tolerate the way they are . but when you are on the same wave length as them they make a great companion and hunting dog .ps you still need the patience of a saint compared to some other crosses .and do not or never will suit certain owners .

• Like 1