Who Has The Better Deerhound X,s ? David Platts Or Cooklands..?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

another pic of holly shes entered at 11 months but steady till she was 15 months now its what ever goes goes , she hit a few missed a few but all in all im a honest la

dave platts 5th gen dhxgh does what i wont him to but they do take a while to mature i think thats why alot of folk slag off this breed saying they are shite when they have run the dog too young and r

"THE girl dog " Only decent photo i have of her, and im no good with a camera so feckin make do lol collie grey x deer grey

Posted Images

not sure if trev will have any 1st xs on in near future but he has a 3/4 deer 1/4 grey on the floor now

heres a pic of his last litter of 1st x s

people have still got these because there ok some have been disappointed so sold them on

mine has done ok for me ,not had a shot n retrieved fox yet but soon this spring ,2 yrs now so about right i know there totally diff

from bull xs im in no rush to give up on her yet

That's more like it, a real throwback to the old doxhope stuff,very nice

dave platts 5th gen dhxgh does what i wont him to but they do take a while to mature i think thats why alot of folk slag off this breed saying they are shite when they have run the dog too young and ruined it time time time with this breed pays off though :thumbs:

kevspics257.jpg

024.jpg

and a dhxgh x colliexgh on the rightshow you how diferent they are

017-1.jpg

022-1.jpg

Love the dog on the 4th photo- looks like it would do a proper job? Is it as good as it looks Gaffer...stunning animal... :thumbs:

dave platts 5th gen dhxgh does what i wont him to but they do take a while to mature i think thats why alot of folk slag off this breed saying they are shite when they have run the dog too young and ruined it time time time with this breed pays off though :thumbs:

kevspics257.jpg

024.jpg

017-1.jpg

022-1.jpg

Love the dog on the 4th photo- looks like it would do a proper job? Is it as good as it looks Gaffer...stunning animal... :thumbs:

thank you he aint bad like pretty good rabbit dog i got him off a member on hear had his uncle too he was a real good un

kevspics257.jpg

024.jpg

017-1.jpg

022-1.jpg

thank you he aint bad like pretty good rabbit dog i got him off a member on hear had his uncle too he was a real good un

Lovely dog - wouldn't mind looking at that one every day...all the best...Colin :hmm:

i e mailed bill regarding her looks from old stuff ie axle etc he and some one else said no diff ear, head shape ect i thought they looked similiar

but who am i lol

racey type , good speed, stamina

not proven as a all rounder hates feretts lol but im happy

like i said we all cant have the creme de la creme

i e mailed bill regarding her looks from old stuff ie axle etc he and some one else said no diff ear, head shape ect i thought they looked similiar

but who am i lol

racey type , good speed, stamina

not proven as a all rounder hates feretts lol but im happy

like i said we all cant have the creme de la creme

Looks the double of a dog out of thorn,I used to run for my mate,always regretted not taking up the offer of owning him myself,but wanted a pup at the time,saw axle run a bit when he was 5 year old very fast to get to his hare,strangely he would only run so many rabbits before getting sick,but a real dog for larger quarry,all the best for next season with your bitch

gibbo iam definetly after a deer/grey . that dh/gh x collie/grey looks a stunner..!! there must of been a few of these about mid 80,s when "dare i say it", the deerhound x greyhound became unfashionable and it became the decade/fashion , of the collie/grey , ive heard good things about this cross off a few people :victory:

• Like 1

gibbo iam definetly after a deer/grey . that dh/gh x collie/grey looks a stunner..!! there must of been a few of these about mid 80,s when "dare i say it", the deerhound x greyhound became unfashionable and it became the decade/fashion , of the collie/grey , ive heard good things about this cross off a few people :victory:

The deer/grey x collie/grey were, are and always will be MUCH better than bull x's, and there are still a few good litters of this type available fairly frequently, if you have a bit of a look around :yes: