Who Has The Better Deerhound X,s ? David Platts Or Cooklands..?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

another pic of holly shes entered at 11 months but steady till she was 15 months now its what ever goes goes , she hit a few missed a few but all in all im a honest la

dave platts 5th gen dhxgh does what i wont him to but they do take a while to mature i think thats why alot of folk slag off this breed saying they are shite when they have run the dog too young and r

"THE girl dog " Only decent photo i have of her, and im no good with a camera so feckin make do lol collie grey x deer grey

Posted Images

Problem is, everyone wants to do everything yesterday, and if that's what your into, a deerhound x ain't right for you..better off getting a bullx to smash everything at 8 month, then when its two, an had a titful an full of marks, you will still be able to sell it to some bragging twat. Good luck .

Iv herd all this before and it's a poor excuse for me.

I know how to enter a dog, my bitch see nothing That would test her till 2 year old and then it was only retrieving stubble cubs which she didn't.

It's not good eneough from a 2 year old Lurcher that, they only have a limited running life, why woul you need to hold a dog up till its 3!!! Sometimes it's easy to blame the owners to take the attention of the xs!

what x do u run? You have just said you didn't "test" her till two, on cubs and she didn...most deerhound x bred lurchers are doing stuff regular by then..like has been said, depends on dog
I was talking about 2 1st x deerhounds I owned 1 my brother the other also a 3 year old Platts breed bitch out of a bitch called Whitch I was told

she was going on game and then the towel came in.

Iv had bedlington xs saluki xs and a light built bull/wheaton greyhound all out of worker to worker breed for different tasks none of which ever see a show ring.

what ever do the job to be honest.

Edited by baldockbanks courser

my bitch was a puppy ish till she was 15 months ,i entered her at 11 months on bunnies because she was following the beam really well ,she sulked she was stubborn a frigging mare for a while ,i made phone calls emailed lads because im not patient in any way but bit my tongue took the advice now shes ok and does ok for me

yes frustrating waiting for an age s ive had lurcher to lurcher and used them at a yr old old pre ban in 1996/97 yes good fun had injuries but it doesnt hurt to hold them back does it , i got good information on the deer hound 1st x yes a handy x but no way a world beater yes a good base for lurcher to lurcher stuff once this x starts them keep it working no close season ,but with me been steady ive had no pulls no toe inj nothing touch wood

each to their own and what you have enjoy them ,

there not everyone s cup a tea thats why were all different and have diff jobs for our dogs

Edited by gibbo1973

When the tough gets going with my dh gh collie gh, il be well supprised if she doesn't do what's asked. Damn right nasty ceunt, but soft as shit indoors.

So your not started that bitch yet?

Personally speaking just because a dogs nasty with other dogs don't mean thell be like it with game,

iv had terriers set about another dog in a second but turned out cowards,

and lurchers that run mean with other dogs but couldn't Do it in a field, like the learry ones in the pub!

not saying yours be like that but id pay no notice of that till it's a proven hunter.

• Like 1

"THE girl dog " :laugh:

IMG00041-20110715-1705.jpg

Only decent photo i have of her, and im no good with a camera so feckin make do lol

collie grey x deer grey

Was surprised by her breeding,looks like she's 100% sight hound
looks like a big greyhound bitch, not quite as big as dog greyhounds iv seen, with deerhound temp. You'd never guess there's collie in her too.

I think a DHXGH bitch with a full bull put over her would produce a more versatile deerhound lurcher.

Thing is though, you shouldnt need to add bull to it for it to function as a versatile lurcher. If a 70+lb dog needs the addition of bull in order to function then the dhxgh used is not of sufficient quality to justify breeding from it in the first place.

Also if you add bull you will probably reduce speed and add some bulk which may mean that some of the pups lack the length of leg and top end speed to cope well with some of the scenarios where these big dogs can excel.

Dont get me wrong I have nothing against bull x, nor do I have any particular bias towards dh over any other cross. But a 75-85lb dog regardless of breed should not be struggling with much of what is running around the UK

• Like 3

"THE girl dog " :laugh:IMG00041-20110715-1705.jpg

Only decent photo i have of her, and im no good with a camera so feckin make do lol

collie grey x deer grey

Shish that bitch looks like lightening on legs! I expect you've got a few rosettes in the cabinet from her too.? Real cracking looking bitch. .
I don't do shows. IMO most shows just attract the wrong type of people I'm interested in talking to. Obviously there's a small amount of genuine people , but let's be fair, they have gone shit... And if I.want someone bullshitting me , il just spend five minutes of my time on here...haha
  • Like 1

When the tough gets going with my dh gh collie gh, il be well supprised if she doesn't do what's asked. Damn right nasty ceunt, but soft as shit indoors.

So your not started that bitch yet?

Personally speaking just because a dogs nasty with other dogs don't mean thell be like it with game,

iv had terriers set about another dog in a second but turned out cowards,

and lurchers that run mean with other dogs but couldn't Do it in a field, like the learry ones in the pub!

not saying yours be like that but id pay no notice of that till it's a proven hunter.

and I didn mention she was nasty with other dogs. It's not that she's aggressive, just a serious head on her...you'd know what I mean if you saw what she was like...highly strung, but placid lol