Who Has The Better Deerhound X,s ? David Platts Or Cooklands..?

There is more to a Deerhound x than rabbit and hares, and as for a lack of heart! I would show you but I would get banned.........

Admittedly they do take an age to mature and level out.

I was out last night running my 27inch dog against a 21inch saluki/whippet bitch and they was about even on rabbits....

However my lad would more versatile if you know what I mean.... ;)

And you don't have to go to a specific breeder for one......

• Like 4

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

another pic of holly shes entered at 11 months but steady till she was 15 months now its what ever goes goes , she hit a few missed a few but all in all im a honest la

dave platts 5th gen dhxgh does what i wont him to but they do take a while to mature i think thats why alot of folk slag off this breed saying they are shite when they have run the dog too young and r

"THE girl dog " Only decent photo i have of her, and im no good with a camera so feckin make do lol collie grey x deer grey

Posted Images

the deerhound x's ive seen are all hunting well at 12-14 months and by 15-17 months are capable of anything.some went a bit sooner than that.im crossing my sal/greyhound with a 1st x d/hx g/h later on this year.shes shown shes determined and gutsy and very fast,shes only taken rabbit and hare at the moment but thats due to the owner rather than the dog.I have no doubt she will do anything asked of her.theres not that many bred too often that i know of but worth waiting for if your after one

heres a 3/4 greyhound deerhound i had in the early 90s was a decent enough dog just breed from a local ladScan1_zps2d0ad1dd.jpg

Looks a nice strong sort mate, very nice, 1st x? :thumbs:

no shaaark it was a 3/4 greyhound i/4 deerhound bitch bred from a first cross its skin was paper thin had some really bad cuts so went to retirement early good dog on the hares too pity :thumbs:

• Like 1

lets be honest,...........questions like this ,........really are a little small minded as you will never get down to the facts ...........

every dog is different and every bodys standards are ,.......so its same old same old ..........

and you will need to exspereience plenty of hounds from each breeder to decide for your self because trying to decide from a a question on the internet about dogs will only tell you peoples preference and you have to go out and see and make your own decisions...............

• Like 5

Jigsaw, I like the sound of your planned mating. I was thinking if something similar myself, as I've got a nice saluki/greyhound dog, and I'm doing less retrieving hares and more lamping and mouching, so I thought about adding his qualities to a good deer/grey bitch. It's only a pipe dream but maybe in the future?