I have never been into any type of body building at all, but I have a serious question for rose that have.....why?

I have met some huge great blokes in my time and quiet a lot of them lacked stamina and actual strength, is it just to look big ?

Maybe their lack of body fat made them burn out quick?

No side to my question, genuinely interested to know?

spot on wilf .ive seen loads of wiry blokes strong and can graft all day in a trench 7 days a week every roid head ive seen useless . with no natural strength or stamina in work .this is not a dig its a genuine observation.

• Like 1

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought you were gonna threaten to beat me up mate. I am unfit, overweight, wear glasses, suffer from bouts of cowardice & I'm a bleeder.....it would be pretty pointless & you could take no

Its always amused me when folk who know nothing about bodybuilding just presume that anyone who takes it seriously must be " vain " !!............Baw you say " its got to be solely vanity "...........

funny how people slag steroids off yet think its ok to act/fight like a dick on a weekend and and also think that drinking 10 pints on a friday is ok and dosent damage your health.   infact bet half

Posted Images

I have never been into any type of body building at all, but I have a serious question for rose that have.....why?

I have met some huge great blokes in my time and quiet a lot of them lacked stamina and actual strength, is it just to look big ?

Thats cause you can go to the gym once a week, pump all the steriods into you and look like a balloon man but no strength. Or you go to the gym 5 times a week and train hard, eat well, sleep well and reap the benefits.... ;)

You wont grow goin once a week mate...even on gear. I was 5 days a week and trained like fcuk...proper diet and good cardio to burn off excess carbs and keep the skin thin.

Just like any other hobby or interest in life mate. I like fishin, huntin, shootin, gardenin etc so do as much and as often as i can. There's a feel good factor attached to it like any other hobby.

Fair enough matey, but you would have to educate yourself very well on the subject as you are ingesting un-natural levels of various chemicals ( natural or not) into your body .......not something to be done likely or just for vanity I would think?

My pal is a heavy set lad, no rippling mound of muscle, but he pissed P company and regularly turns in excellent times in marathons and speed marches......that's real fitness to me

JMHO

Airgunner how long did you go on for ? and what did you do to return to normal once you stopped ?

Did your natural hormone production come back ? were you still able to have kids etc ?

A friend of mine is only 21, he has been on a low dose for the last 2 years non stop, I told him he'd probally never get his natural test levels going again and is probally infertile. He didn't even seem bothered ... Personally I'd be devistated!

Thats cause you can go to the gym once a week, pump all the steriods into you and look like a balloon man but no strength. Or you go to the gym 5 times a week and train hard, eat well, sleep well and reap the benefits.... ;)

You wont grow goin once a week mate...even on gear. I was 5 days a week and trained like fcuk...proper diet and good cardio to burn off excess carbs and keep the skin thin.

I go 5 nights a week too. Train one muscle a night for an hour/hour and a half. Been going a year and a half and notice a big change in my body and weights increase. Finding the eating part of it the hardest......i'm going to get a bit stronger and look a bit better shape, i'm not going to be to anal in eating just chicken and broccolli that would just piss me off.

There's a big difference between an endurance athlete and weight lifter. Linford Christie would come last in the 10000 metres against 10000 metre runners every time but he would win the 100 and 200 metres every time. I suppose its a bit like a greyhound and a saluki. Grew would hammer it over 200 metres but the saluki would beat it over a mile!

There's a big difference between an endurance athlete and weight lifter. Linford Christie would come last in the 10000 metres against 10000 metre runners every time but he would win the 100 and 200 metres every time. I suppose its a bit like a greyhound and a saluki. Grew would hammer it over 200 metres but the saluki would beat it over a mile!

Airgunner how long did you go on for ? and what did you do to return to normal once you stopped ?

Did your natural hormone production come back ? were you still able to have kids etc ?

A friend of mine is only 21, he has been on a low dose for the last 2 years non stop, I told him he'd probally never get his natural test levels going again and is probally infertile. He didn't even seem bothered ... Personally I'd be devistated!

I'm just gonna interject here, you're making the comparison between power athletes and endurance athletes whereas many so called body builders aren't really either. They are training purely for mass not performance. It's akin to somebody that enjoys getting their dogs to the peak of physical condition without giving a damn how it can perform athletically or at work. I'm not knocking it and understand why bodybuilders do it, just pointing out that it's not about physical ability for a bodybuilder.

I go 5 nights a week too. Train one muscle a night for an hour/hour and a half. Been going a year and a half and notice a big change in my body and weights increase. Finding the eating part of it the hardest......i'm going to get a bit stronger and look a bit better shape, i'm not going to be to anal in eating just chicken and broccolli that would just piss me off.
Far too long on 1 muscle group imo. 40 mins max. 2 light warm up sets then max weight 8-10 reps. Hard and fast. Thats why you wont be growing. Get Arnolds book. Written years ago but still the bible ;+)

For instance chest;

2 sets 15-20 barbell press with 20kg a side as a warm up.

3 sets 8-10 reps with 3 20kg 1 10kg and 1 5 kg a side...thats 150 kilos + 20kg barbell.

3 sets flat flys 8-10 reps

3 sets incline bench press 8-10 reps

3 sets incline flys 8-10 reps

4 exercises...12 sets in total at your max weight for that exercise. If youre doin more than 10 reps then its too light. If youre doin less than 7 reps then its too heavy

Edited by AirgunGuy
  • Like 1

Far too long on 1 muscle group imo. 40 mins max. 2 light warm up sets then max weight 8-10 reps. Hard and fast. Thats why you wont be growing. Get Arnolds book. Written years ago but still the bible ;+)

For instance chest;

2 sets 15-20 barbell press with 20kg a side as a warm up.

3 sets 8-10 reps with 3 20kg 1 10kg and 1 5 kg a side...thats 150 kilos + 20kg barbell.

3 sets flat flys 8-10 reps

3 sets incline bench press 8-10 reps

3 sets incline flys 8-10 reps

4 exercises...12 sets in total at your max weight for that exercise. If youre doin more than 10 reps then its too light. If youre doin less than 7 reps then its too heavy

Cheers......................but i am growing... :thumbs:

I'm just gonna interject here, you're making the comparison between power athletes and endurance athletes whereas many so called body builders aren't really either. They are training purely for mass not performance. It's akin to somebody that enjoys getting their dogs to the peak of physical condition without giving a damn how it can perform athletically or at work. I'm not knocking it and understand why bodybuilders do it, just pointing out that it's not about physical ability for a bodybuilder.

My point is that a weight lifter will be far stonger than an endurance athlete whereas an endurance athlete will be far fitter than a weight lifter!!!

• Like 1