• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i believe in tipping if i;m looked after the wife and my self were going out with her brother his misses and her sister and her fella and another couple so were first in and i said i'll get the bill

I tell you lab old gnash will take one butchers hook at that mountain and will be on the dog and bone to his china plate to help him train on his apple and pairs and if there is bangers and mash invol

Restaurants.......you posh feckers, I once had a breakfast in a cafe once and had to pay extra for fried bread when toast was free, never been back.

Even if the food isn't fabulous, and the service is mediocre, I wouldn't ruin a nice evening ( the company makes the evening, not the food ) by complaining. If it is "fine" but just not " Meg Ryan" standard, then pay, don't tip and don't return.

• Like 2

Gnash your so typically British fella.. I'm with lab, if you paid to get your house built would you not do a snagging list or would you just pay for the job no matter how poor the quality was?? Too many company's take the piss because of the way a lot of Brits are to polite to say "no sorry that's shite I'm not having it"

Its nothing to do with being too polite............if you went for a haircut but it wasnt very good would you say " f**k you im not paying " or would you just not go back.........you got what you paid for !

Yep, a shitty haircut.

those were the days lol!

• Like 1

Who's scrutinising the bill? Do you never check to make sure that you are paying for what you've ordered and eaten/drank? There's been many a time when I've found soething on the bill that shouldn't be on there. I am polite and I know how to behave in a classy restaurant but this wasn't a classy restaurant. It's a pub that's climbed up its own backside and pretending to be something it's not. You're not only paying for the food, you do also pay for the service. The tip is meant to make up their wages but if I'm eating in a joint that says 'We are shit hot come and eat here!' then I would expect the waiter to know how to conduct himself around my table.

And what is " service "......pulling your chair out for you ?......Keeping a constant vigil on your glass and topping it up once below a certain level ? Putting your napkin in your lap for you ?.......

If i go to a restaurant i want nice food i dont want my arse licked !!..............Good food in good company is enough.....whether the poor waiter/waitress puts his arm across me or drops the cutlery i really couldnt give a shit...............in my experience the people who try to pretend to be classy are usually the ones who dont have any..................ive saved many a young lad or lass from a bollocking covering up their mistakes......if the foods good the rest is just details.

Service in a joint that says its the bollocks, I would expect to blow me away. You obviously don't care too much about the standard of service you get and aren't too fussed either way. However, you have totally missed the point of my original post which was that the restaurant were giving a clear indication that their level of service was worth the best part of £17. I disagreed. As I stated, where my wife & I used to dine fairly regularly the staff made you feel welcome and nothing was too much trouble. It's not about having your arse licked it's about being made to feel like a valued client and that they want your repeat custom. As & when we get service like that then yes, we go there regularly until we don't get the level of service we expect. Class has nothing to do with it. It's like anything else in the service industry, you pay top dollar for top service. I know because I charge top dollar for my services and I know my clients appreciate and they expect it. It's part of the 'experience', if you will.

Gnash your so typically British fella.. I'm with lab, if you paid to get your house built would you not do a snagging list or would you just pay for the job no matter how poor the quality was?? Too many company's take the piss because of the way a lot of Brits are to polite to say "no sorry that's shite I'm not having it"

Its nothing to do with being too polite............if you went for a haircut but it wasnt very good would you say " f**k you im not paying " or would you just not go back.........you got what you paid for !

Hahaha that might be one exception were I might pay for something shit because by my reaconing I might only have half a dozen more cuts before Iv got no hair to cut, lol

But on a serious note if it was a mess I'd pay them feck all & go somewhere else to hopefully fix there mess..

I know because I charge top dollar for my services and I know my clients appreciate and they expect it. It's part of the 'experience', if you will.

Over the years ive often observed from a distance people who will eat in a posh restaurant dressed up to the nines,talking down to staff,engaging in " look how well im doing " conversations so anyone in earshot can be so impressed,picking holes in everything........................then leave and get into their crappy Ford Mondeo leaving everyone in the restaurant whispering about what a shower of c**ts they were.

Its a way for them to " rise above " their usual level even if just for a short time before returning to the norm.

Alternatively,a bunch of roughly spoken,slightly loud and aggressive blokes in footie tops or t shirts talking footie,engaging the staff in friendly chat with good manners.......................pay,then leave and get into 100k cars leaving everyone in the restaurant saying what a likeable bunch they were.

Dining out can be the ultimate bravado bullshit !!.............But,each to their own and we all choose our own friends.

• Like 4

I have on one occasion been hat appalled by the state some split arse left my hair in that I took the clippers off her and buzzed a line straight through the middle of my hair then simply told her to just take the f***ing lot off! And didn't give a penny.

I have on one occasion been hat appalled by the state some split arse left my hair in that I took the clippers off her and buzzed a line straight through the middle of my hair then simply told her to just take the f***ing lot off! And didn't give a penny.

Is it wrong that I had a mental image of her saying " no - feck off ! " and making you walk back home with an reverse-mohawk ?!

• Like 1

Hahaha that might be one exception were I might pay for something shit because by my reaconing I might only have half a dozen more cuts before Iv got no hair to cut, lol

But on a serious note if it was a mess I'd pay them feck all & go somewhere else to hopefully fix there mess..

Like i said.....if you want the safe bet stick to Mcdonalds where you know what your getting and the price is on the wall........

If you want to try different food/different places..................be prepared for the fact you might not like it.......but dont embarrass yourself by saying " im not paying " ;)

Edited by gnasher16

I know because I charge top dollar for my services and I know my clients appreciate and they expect it. It's part of the 'experience', if you will.

Over the years ive often observed from a distance people who will eat in a posh restaurant dressed up to the nines,talking down to staff,engaging in " look how well im doing " conversations so anyone in earshot can be so impressed,picking holes in everything........................then leave and get into their crappy Ford Mondeo leaving everyone in the restaurant whispering about what a shower of c**ts they were.

Its a way for them to " rise above " their usual level even if just for a short time before returning to the norm.

Alternatively,a bunch of roughly spoken,slightly loud and aggressive blokes in footie tops or t shirts talking footie,engaging the staff in friendly chat with good manners.......................pay,then leave and get into 100k cars leaving everyone in the restaurant saying what a likeable bunch they were.

Dining out can be the ultimate bravado bullshit !!.............But,each to their own and we all choose our own friends.

I used to work the doors in London many moons ago and one particular place in Chelsea had the scruffiest looking tramps you would ever see ... But at the end of the night they would get into ferraris Lamborghinis rollers etc .... Just shows that looks mean nothing ........

I've had some of the best meals in smaller less fancy restaurants where you get to know the staff and when you walk in there pleased to see you... I've had shit meals in some so called top restaurants the most notable in Gordon Ramseys place in New York, the food was crap and so was the service.... I enjoy eating out....

Personally I tip the waiter or waitress who are dealing with me personally, if I pay for the meal with a card I don't add the tip to the bill I pay the waiter in cash... I won't pay 12.5% service charge on the bill, I pay the cost of the meal and then tip the waiter....

As far as moaning... That's the wife's job lol...

• Like 1