• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you need to come on here and ask you shouldnt even be thinking about working a terrier to ground.

If fox it will be long gone

If your terrier is goin in and out of it then you have nothing to worry about as either nothing at home or dog wont stay.

H as your terrier ever entered a hole before,, ? i have to ask because if he did you would know how your terrier works by know. If young and not experienced then keep out until you work with someone who is ,,they can show you the ropes. Entering a badger sett with a terrier is illegal.

• Like 1

H as your terrier ever entered a hole before,, ? i have to ask because if he did you would know how your terrier works by know. If young and not experienced then keep out until you work with someone who is ,,they can show you the ropes. Entering a badger sett with a terrier is illegal.

She's bolted foxes before, never had to dig before. Would never consider putting her down a badger set, I know it's illegal plus I don't think she would come back out

Were not getting at you mate, and we dont want you getting in trouble with the law, it reflects on all us hunters,,, were all learning,, best of luck to you.

• Like 5

If you need to come on here and ask you shouldnt even be thinking about working a terrier to ground.

Why, what's wrong with asking.
Read what he said the answers in his quote.
Read it again, I apologise, understand what he's saying

Badgers are one of the most protected species on this earth, it seems after the custodial sentence passed, you have already asked a question which the men in wigs would have a field day with... of how do you tell the difference between different quarry species (i.e.) fox/badger.

With the restrict laws and persecution that comes with pest control with terriers now a days why would someone who obviously has just stumbled upon this highly controversial fieldcraft with no prior knowledge of terrier work or the legal quarry want to start! Terrierwork is Not simply buying a terrier and fitting the newest technology onto its neck and trying it to ground..Terrier work is Not a passtime for ego or gain..Working with terriers is not fun. It is a means of keeping nature in balance.. a measure of control not eradication... of protection and preserve.. Recently i can see why the outsider looking in Hates what they see as pest control with terriers... every respectable terrier owner has respect for what has to be done, thats a humane dispatch, sorry for the rant but if you have to ask what is inhabiting that burrow then maybe a bit more time in the field than the laptop would be appropriate.

• Like 6

Badgers are one of the most protected species on this earth, it seems after the custodial sentence passed, you have already asked a question which the men in wigs would have a field day with... of how do you tell the difference between different quarry species (i.e.) fox/badger.

With the restrict laws and persecution that comes with pest control with terriers now a days why would someone who obviously has just stumbled upon this highly controversial fieldcraft with no prior knowledge of terrier work or the legal quarry want to start! Terrierwork is Not simply buying a terrier and fitting the newest technology onto its neck and trying it to ground..Terrier work is Not a passtime for ego or gain..Working with terriers is not fun. It is a means of keeping nature in balance.. a measure of control not eradication... of protection and preserve.. Recently i can see why the outsider looking in Hates what they see as pest control with terriers... every respectable terrier owner has respect for what has to be done, thats a humane dispatch, sorry for the rant but if you have to ask what is inhabiting that burrow then maybe a bit more time in the field than the laptop would be appropriate.

your obviously shiting us,, you just don't do it for the sake of the farmer needs a fox killed, its not as if its a day job everybody does, you either like hunting and participating or just don't bother at all,, in that case your terriers should be pets not working dogs.

There is rifle for dispatching of foxes humanly not terriers so your putting no point across their mate :huh:

• Like 2

your obviously shiting us,, you just don't do it for the sake of the farmer needs a fox killed, its not as if its a day job everybody does, you either like hunting and participating or just don't bother at all,, in that case your terriers should be pets not working dogs.

There is rifle for dispatching of foxes humanly not terriers so your putting no point across their mate :huh:

terrier work is vermin/pest control underground with a terrier... the humane dispatch comes after you dig your terrier out... i enjoy my terrier doing pest control immensely and doing what the terrier has been designed over many thousand years to do and that is underground work, but i take absoluletly no plasure in having to dispatch a wild animal....

• Like 2

There won't be owt in if ur dogs been goin in n out scent of dog will av made anything move on I would be thinkin if ur unsure and cannot tell the tell tale signs of what's at home I think u should tek a step back n educate yourself a bit otherwise your destined for trouble

• Like 2