Matching Your Dog....

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Always baffles me why people try and shoot down the achievements of good dogs? What does it prove apart from making them look like jealous fuckers? Just man up,tip your hat and say well done that dog

its about having the best dog for me. i love condition my dogs and getting them as fit as i can. not about money for me i spend a good few quid on them with cars,fuel,fines,feeding and most of all tim

What's the point? Look at the hassle it causes. If your dog wins, does it make it a better dog or you a better dog man? I know folk like to test there dogs against the best but do you really need to g

Posted Images

I already have larkhill now time he comes to daddy we know you scared I proved I'm not I already was over rem I offered to run him xmas week he said no its always jacks terms he was given choice of 2 farms by jj him and lofty picked the fen I said either do me. Now prove you got balls like me come to here. You've already embarassed yourselves as everyone on topic sayin.

• Like 2

I think a lot of you dont really understand, what we like is a fast dog than can RUN SLOW, use his gears, + his head,

Thank you to Paulus, for cleaning the multiple account users,

In an ideal world we all want fast dogs that can run slow, unfortunately, there aren't many about. What I see of the fen dogs, its mediocre speeded dogs running slow. We all know a hare runs smart, has a great gear box, that's why it takes they plodders 5 minutes sometimes to wear them down. Hare doesn't know the dog following it has bags of stamina, it runs at a nice speed hoping to tire it out till its too late. What gets me is the arrogance of the fen lads. Yes we know it takes a special type of dog to catch on the fens and most land up and down the country most fast types will catch. But that don't make the fen dog better, it just makes it better for the fens and to be honest, that don't float my boat.
a mate of mine had a dog slow type no saluki in him kilt 17 outa 17 gave him away to a well known coursing man and he gave him back 2 weeks later . why he said it was boring to watch him plod along behind the hare just waiting for it to make a mistake.he liked an up an at em type the ploders dont suit everyone.ps that was in ire i seen him on all the run,s to but i didnt like his style either.

It is boring mate. I like the bends, flecks and the explosion of pace to get back on after the hares sold the dog a dummy. I don't see how anyone would like to see long mundane chases. But hey, takes all sorts to make a world and plenty do.

were i hunt if not in fast it,s bye bye and dont see 2 many so chances have to be taken. any man who big,s his dog up on here really what does he expect everyone to praise it just because it can plod along for 4,5 min,s .it,s on here for debate an if you agree great dont and your classed as a craber u cant win i,ll just have to keep a crabin.have to say a great topic when cleaned up. :laugh::thumbs:

• Like 1

ive never been into coursing infact the last time i went to the fens was in the early 1970`s :laugh: but with the size of the fields around here, an up and at em type would be more handy than a plodder, however up and at em types have there own set of problems, injuries are common as is acidosis and the resulting problems, i have a dog here that has knackered kidneys due to his up and at em nature and do or die attitude, plodders seem not to suffer these problems and tend to have a longer working life, infact his sire is a plodder and is still running aged 11, Ive said before i take my hat off to all you lads that can bring a dog to its peak of fitness and keep it there, an art in itself :thumbs:

ive never been into coursing infact the last time i went to the fens was in the early 1970`s :laugh: but with the size of the fields around here, an up and at em type would be more handy than a plodder, however up and at em types have there own set of problems, injuries are common as is acidosis and the resulting problems, i have a dog here that has knackered kidneys due to his up and at em nature and do or die attitude, plodders seem not to suffer these problems and tend to have a longer working life, infact his sire is a plodder and is still running aged 11, Ive said before i take my hat off to all you lads that can bring a dog to its peak of fitness and keep it there, an art in itself :thumbs:

you really are on your game today i think u should be a full time coursing mod someone might even gift u a free fen dog. :laugh:

you really are on your game today i think u should be a full time coursing mod someone might even gift u a free fen dog. :laugh:

fook that, :laugh: my dogs days are about over mate, when these are burried im done, might get a lab to go with the pipe and slippers :laugh: :laugh:

fook that, :laugh: my dogs days are about over mate, when these are burried im done, might get a lab to go with the pipe and slippers :laugh: :laugh:

you,ll alway,s be in dog,s there,s an oldie over 72 still at it travel.s 2oo mile,s in a day 2 day,s a week for a day,s craic that,s dedication for ya. :thumbs: i,ll have retired well before that.

I already have larkhill now time he comes to daddy we know you scared I proved I'm not I already was over rem I offered to run him xmas week he said no its always jacks terms he was given choice of 2 farms by jj him and lofty picked the fen I said either do me. Now prove you got balls like me come to here. You've already embarassed yourselves as everyone on topic sayin.

this topic isnt just about you an your dog if thats wat ya want going start your own topic instead of continuly hi jacking them to suit yourself
  • Like 1

Baw you c**t,,, just sat here for an hour to catch up with this thread,,,, I've got things to do,,,

Been for a race this morning,,, ran 3 killed feck all,,, but I blame, the heavy land,,the stubble being to long,,the hedges to thik ,,the hikers I bumbled in to,,the seeded land being to short,, and my binoculars,, for not spoting the easy ones,,,,

lol,I always found them to be to easy on a friday........

Unless i went out on a friday and caught one.....

Then they were flying.....

He answered a question directed at him ?

i know but every other topic on here gets hi jacked an when it isnt going his way it gets locked or deleted an then they hi jack another one its a fuckn joke

You seem to know a lot about this site and you only joined yesterday. :hmm: .... :whistling:

• Like 1

He answered a question directed at him ?

i know but every other topic on here gets hi jacked an when it isnt going his way it gets locked or deleted an then they hi jack another one its a fuckn joke

You seem to know a lot about this site and you only joined yesterday. :hmm: .... :whistling:sure do sherlock lol i been a guest a few times