So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

Yep there is all ways loads to do the weeds are endless that's why I am trying some cardboard down see if it can help a bit. The nettles make good fertiliser so they say so I don't mind them

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Few bits picked and washed tonight  

You are right Arry yours look well happy in there In my case it was simply a matter of laziness lol. I use the scaffold netting which was on them but I sort of threw it on. If your going to net y

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Gona rig up the electric fence tomorrow will get some pics up this should stop the cats iv had a wack off this and it hurts should be Worce as will be a short wire so less power drop more belt !

Other then that the parsnips have done well so far a fair few dint germinate but I should still get enough for what I need

Edited by courseadog

Spuds are perking up a bit

Po8Dx2L.jpg

wBQfUQM.jpg

runner beans sowed and frame up

f8cibR0.jpg

broke my heart buying some bamboo so took sir tom to get some hazel

0pax477.jpg

the wife is not a fan though :)

4j8Qeea.jpg

started turning my compost heap over to get some of the good stuff at the bottom

REp3SzI.jpg

peas radish and few shallots

s7BQ8n0.jpg

more peas

pXifMDB.jpg

cn4BUrv.jpg

Cosse Violette Purple Climbing Beans planted out

dfFyza9.jpg

French Bean Cobra

QMeoaPP.jpg

goosegogs are setting fruit now

22mB3pV.jpg

my mates plot he has had it forty years and seems to have it perfect every thing just takes off. I try and copy him for timing and things but never with quite the same affect lol

W0pCWLA.jpg

• Like 4

Plenty of plants waiting in the wings cauli and cabbages. I did start off thinking I had loads of room with out planting lots of spuds this year but struggling for room all ready lol

17789137088_88d43a7886_c.jpg

leeks

17354821314_25fd5d5902_c.jpg

sweetcorn on the move

17977306105_2d45d25a44_c.jpg

toms staying at home

17789309148_36a367eace_c.jpg

• Like 2

If this works by my phone,pic of my plot,the tree is crab apple tree.

I have 2 beds of brassicas,1 of spuds that had sprung up,and I planted them in one place and 1 of asparagus.i had to pull nettles up by my fence as plot next door hasn't Been touched since winter.roors were couple foot into mine.

Second earlies are just picking out threw the soil just now , instead of a few types I plumped for one lot Appachee anybody tried them ?

Lovely potatoes to eat, not tried growing them.

TC

I went for red duke of york and kestrel this year. Let us know how the apache turn out :thumbs:

bought some pembrokeshire spuds this week to try bloody 1.80 a pound. Won't be doing that again Could eat 2lb on me own :) Will research the variety and try grow me own next year. Looks like maybe Lady Christl

Edited by terryd

I went for red duke of york and kestrel this year. Let us know how the apache turn out :thumbs:

bought some pembrokeshire spuds this week to try bloody 1.80 a pound. Won't be doing that again Could eat 2lb on me own :) Will research the variety and try grow me own next year. Looks like maybe Lady Christl

Get to Aldi International Kidneys 49p per 500g otherwise known as Jersey Royals. Stock up they will keep for weeks in the fridge.

TC