So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Picked what I could salvage of the green toms for some chutney better than wasting them tonight.     Not impressed with me cabbage     few bits for dinner. Bean are delicious at the mo

Had an hour on the plots today dug first spuds ( not the best but sure they be tasty, pulled a few beets to culled a cross bread pigeon from my loft , while we was there I swapped some eggs for a turn

Posted Images

Now then you guys. I've just been offered a 12 X 8 aluminium greenhouse which is in great order. Now I can't fit it in anywhere so I put it out to you. My friends and I will take it down and move it. This will be available from South Derbs. I think offers will be in order. All the glass is intact at present and I'm led to believe that the potting benches with it cost quite a few bob.  Anything raised will be donated to the NHS so dig deep lads. Stay safe. Jok.

• Like 1

Well guys. Got to get in here. Had a long hard look at the damage and decided to dig out the first four rows of earlies. We managed two good dinners but what a shocker. So. Re dug and am putting in the brassicas that would normally have gone in after June 20th. Also, put in 4 rows of spinach. Now this new to me but our local council allows hose pipe watering so I'm giving it large. One or two of you will remember pics of last years results and I'm hoping to post similar this year but not of spuds. As I may have mentioned previously, I'm growing dahlias which is a first. The things look bloody good but take up a big space of vegitable space. All in all I'm pleased and as it's a new allotment where you don't really know what you have inherited. Another plus guys is that me and the other half have proved negative of Covid19. Bring on the getting together again. Stay safe. Jok.

• Like 2

Know what. It's lovely to know that people are co-existing in a way that, to be honest, was inconceivable. Who would have thought that our younger generation would take any interest in the outdoor life?  I know that this forum link is restricted to it's members who have the knowledge, and age, to do what we do. What a wonderful platform for our future generation to learn a bit about what goes on in life. How to introduce new members is clearly a problem. I, have an 11 year old grand daughter who absolutely loves the outdoors and indeed, today, came down for the first time, to visit , what in essence is her garden. She was gobsmacked.Further, mother, my daughter, was also awed. Comments like, I never knew onions grew that big in organised rows, potatoes ridged, runner beans growing up hazel sticks and many more. This lockdown possibly has opened the eyes of many a parent or grandparent to actually help their future generation  in learning where exactly food comes from. I know I'm rambling a bit but truly believe that no harm can come from grass roots education. Stay safe. Jok.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Green House is doing well Mini Cucumbers cropping well.

IMG_1887.jpeg.ec1b9453c6c4b8626d7476a71419727f.jpeg

Waiting for the Tomatoes to turn.

This variety is Shirley.

IMG_1890.jpeg.2e29e5b9aa7200b312464349742f7d35.jpeg

This one Sun Gold and will be the first to turn.

IMG_1888.jpeg.b8da77174ef8e224825014f301862f75.jpeg

The last 6 or 7 Little Gems of the first crop.

IMG_1894.jpeg.df4427aba97aab7af91b4e1d4d516248.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 3

Two row of Red Romaine Lettuce Two more rows of Little Gems and some Rainbow Chard.IMG_1892.jpeg.8daf3da29f5234503884785f3bad7328.jpeg

Some Beetroot, Red Salad Oak leaf Lettuce and a row of Radish.

IMG_1899.jpeg.f2dc799984be17963c9f8c1ec928d64c.jpeg

A well staggered row of Runners after a germination failure. Nearest half is White Lady and the others are White Emergo.

IMG_1895.jpeg.b2a4bf31e0568b1442af98a3c5737854.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 1