So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

Well Wideboy. Traditionally we , in the Midlands daren't risk potatoes till 3rd week in March never mind planting other crops. I'm impressed you are planted up but with you lot on lockdown it's going to be a problem, assuming you have an allotment. I'm dreading tomorrow's news TBF. I wish you well . Jok.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Picked what I could salvage of the green toms for some chutney better than wasting them tonight.     Not impressed with me cabbage     few bits for dinner. Bean are delicious at the mo

Had an hour on the plots today dug first spuds ( not the best but sure they be tasty, pulled a few beets to culled a cross bread pigeon from my loft , while we was there I swapped some eggs for a turn

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Balaur said:

Missus is getting busy up there , not doing tomatoes this year but going all out on fruit, beans , onions garlic spuds , some squash /pumpkin and sweetcorn...

IMG-20200317-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20200317-WA0005.jpg

Joe are you not growing Tomatoes because of late blight? There are some supposed total blight resistant variety's and can be grown out doors " Crimson Crush F1" and " Mountain Magic " I grow. There are more this year but have not tried others.

Cheers Arry

1 hour ago, Balaur said:

Missus is used to stuff ripening easily, we had tomatoes fruit in June and still not ripe in September bought some in just need a cold frame or glasshouse really , but not spending atm, if we did invest it'll be some chickens in the back garden. Interesting regards the blight though I think we just didn't get enough sun.

Sorry mate no likes left as usual. I can't grow Tomatoes out side these days or spuds for blight. Haven't tried the new one out side yet I grow one of each in the green house in case the Sun Gold and Shirley get hit. Chicken sound a good idea nothing like fresh eggs especially if you're poaching them. Bloody blight is a real pest the tomatoes do well the fruit just starts to ripen and bang late blight. 

Cheers Arry

• Like 1

Well planted out my Tomatoes into the green house today. Maybe taking a chance but will fleece down at nights and I do have spares if it goes tits up. Lol. Would have dug a bit of ground today but done my ankle out ferreting on Sunday. 

IMG_1282.jpeg.8575b8163bd3b7fc204e16cd73f7cc62.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 2

Now then you lot. Having predicted this last Friday now it has come to pass. Am I allowed to get in my car and drive , via my newsagents to pick up the daily, onward bound to my daily exercise on the allotment, returning tired and weary, not been in contact with anyone inside 2 metres without getting plod gripping my arm? Jok.

Gooner. Thanks pal. Just read the link and all's good. Now the hard part. Trying to keep all the others away from my beer hoard ffs. They're like fckg vultures. My mate even brought a bench down which is no way 2 m square, the clown. Anyway, I'm glad we can continue. Got 8 rows of earlies in today, 3 X Jazzi, 3 X Foremost and 2 X Casablanca so all's good. Would like to hear from Terry D on here. ATB. Jok.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 22/03/2020 at 21:49, Wideboy said:

We say by paddy’s day. My garden is at home. All the best to you too 

In NI alot say in for Paddy's Day out for Billy's day