Share Your Stories Of The Roughest Pubs You Drank In !!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i wouldn call those rough pubs ,id call them pubs with charachter lol

I had a few pints yrs ago waiting for a fellah about a dog...... A small place called Thurnscoe (Speling) Yorkshire cant remeber the name of the pup but was on the main drag, That was the roughest shi

Aye right ! Lol lol......back home at 9?......did ya big felt tip run out? Lol lol lol

The Old Red Lion (I think) downstairs in the Market square in Doncaster circa 1989

Shagged a black bird called Ali Bongo :laugh: from there. :yes:

Rough as feck but good times :thumbs:

Cheers, D.

Just remebered, Old George it was called.

My current local has a bad rep, mostly cause its full of fellas off their tree on pills, weed is smoked more than tobacco, bit of a black market trade going off with anything at all sold there, same place where that eejit tried to sell the injured kestrel as a harris hawk! Naked people roaming about is normality on a weekday, place is full to the tits with alcoholics and the landlords is an ex slaughtermen and born and bred in the circus business, his brothers still work around ireland for various circuses when their not out of their skulls lol, we're a pretty amiacable lot though and fights are not common place as no-one has any axe to grind.

kilimanjaro bar acrua ghana :icon_eek:

There's a kilimanjaro in Takoradi too! However that was reasonably civilised in that you actually got a mug with your beer.

Some bad places down the coast in Nigeria especially Lagos.

West african ning

Was in Cardiff back in the eighties and somehow eneded up in a bar close to town. Sawdust on the floor, no chairs and predominantly served cider.

All the Alkis drank there from 10:00. It stank of piss puke and shit, but some excellent cider served.

Saw some real saddos in there who had literally shat themselves at the bar but carried on drinking. Never any fights, folk were too drunk to stand up straight let alone fight.

I think it got closed on health grounds.

Stayed drinking in Llandaff after that!

welsh ning

The Crystal Palace in St Albans. Now long gone. Used to be head quarters of the British chopper club. Always some dick head who fancied his chances againsst a load of hairy bikers. The front window was in a constant state of repair from having people thrown through it.

Turn your glass upside down on the bar and it meant you'll take on anyone. Some damn fine fights in that place. All the other pubs kicked up a stink when it was going to be closed as they didn't want the clientelle in their pubs. I beleiev they moved to The Midland opposite The Horn of Plenty befor even that closed.

A good drinking town St Albans. Too expensive now mind.

Reminiscent ning

kilimanjaro bar acrua ghana :icon_eek:

There's a kilimanjaro in Takoradi too! However that was reasonably civilised in that you actually got a mug with your beer.

Some bad places down the coast in Nigeria especially Lagos.

West african ning

been in there swamps . Is up market the one in acra. Is a little bit more. Brash. Never got to a bar in lagos are sponcer would not let us out of the landcruiser. Lol. Edited by gonetoearth

Long time ago now, but there was a pub down on the docks in Foynes on the river Shannon. I went in there with my brother-in-law and it was the scariest pub I've ever been in. There was a Russian ship in port that day and it was full of pissed-up Russian sailors, complete with scars and eye patches.

Mind you, it could be a gastro pub or bistro now - but I doubt it!

The Crystal Palace in St Albans. Now long gone. Used to be head quarters of the British chopper club. Always some dick head who fancied his chances againsst a load of hairy bikers. The front window was in a constant state of repair from having people thrown through it.Turn your glass upside down on the bar and it meant you'll take on anyone. Some damn fine fights in that place. All the other pubs kicked up a stink when it was going to be closed as they didn't want the clientelle in their pubs. I beleiev they moved to The Midland opposite The Horn of Plenty befor even that closed.A good drinking town St Albans. Too expensive now mind.Reminiscent ning

. Lol swamps. We were working in chatham In a boozer some fella takes a dislike to one of are crew does the same. Turns the pint pot over we did not know what it meant one of the older lads tells us there was a bigger fight beetwen the lads to who was going to fight him lol ended up all freinds though lol