Eating Goat

I went for a short walk last saturday,brought the rifle and kelpie with me.I was talking to the farmers there and theres a few goats that had never met me before so I thought id go introduce myself to them,,,,,,,,,,,,as you would like,just to be neighbourly(never mind the fact I live 40 odd miles from there) :tongue2: After walking a few 100 yards up the lane and along the edge of the woods we came to the first grassy field and headed for the gap that brings into the woodland where these goats hang out.I was just about to step in when the bitch stiffened up,and went into the ''THERES SOMETHING OVER THERE '' mode.so I hit the brakes and stuck in to the edge of the wood and gave her the hand signal to sit.down she went and I continued to creep towards her,she never looked away from whatever she could sense so I knew we were going to meet something there.I got as far as I could go and a wall of briars and ferns stoped me going any further,about 4 ft high they were.Nothing to be seen but i started to hear a very slight noise and knew they were just under the cover.I let out a soft hiss and up poped 4 pure white heads of 3 nannys and a big billy.I picked out a head and put the cross hairs on its neck and pulled the trigger.Shot taken and the other 3 leg it into the wood.I walked back and entered the wood and made my way over to the goat I shot.A nice clean animal of mid growth.I called the bitch and proceeded to clean and prepare the goat for carriage back to the van.

Well this morn I skinned the beast and couldnt believe the fat on its body.they were living the good life up that way.Its kidneys are surrounded in fat and the rib cage had a layer of fat all over.It's a perfect animal for eating and thus i butchered it as such.I have a fridge full of goat meat of the highest order and am sorted for a few steaks stews and whatever else.

IMG_4947_zpsba506710.jpg

look at the fat on this girl

IMG_4946_zps155f9a2e.jpg

after I took my portion heres whats left for the dogs,lol.wont go far

IMG_4948_zps1b1545df.jpg

heres my share,lol

IMG_4952_zpsb77b61d5.jpg

when i got back to the farmer he had a tree cut for me,its common spruce so it'll need a lot of drying out but it'll be much appreciated

IMG_4950_zps8aecbf70.jpg

IMG_4949_zps007a5ab1.jpg

any recepies will be much appreciated just one thing................NO CURRYS...............I HATE CURRYS AND SPICEY CRAP :bad:

• Like 10

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went for a short walk last saturday,brought the rifle and kelpie with me.I was talking to the farmers there and theres a few goats that had never met me before so I thought id go introduce myself to

Nice - slow cooked in red wine and garlic and herbs - can't beat it.

AMAZING !! absolutly unbelievable . I,v never heard anything like it ...how can you not like curry ?

Yep, if you don't want to curry it, slow cook the fecker but put strong flavours with it, the red wine one suggested with plenty of garlic and herbs. I like it plain roasted (slow) but the less you have with it, it still stinks of 'Billy' (thats why strong flavours). I don't mind the smell but it can put many off... Bonn appetite... :thumbs:

thanks lads,have the strips off the back bone in the oven as we read this,smothered in paxo stuffing and coated in butter and wrapped in tin foil and slow cooked.looking forward to it.wasted for ever you got good eyesight,lol.gem,theyre feeding on the fields outside the hill,thats why the farmers are not happy,long may it last.Bosun I find the young nannys dont honk at all,ive eaten a lot of them and once their young they are fine.Im not into garlic either but might have a go if the smell isnt too strong of the stuff.marshman now yer talking,i lurves me stews,lol and in fairness the missus is a handy cook and will try most things where food is concerned.Malt,to give ye an idea as to how sad i am,even black bean sauce gives me the trots, :laugh: got to be fairly regular for me to sit back and enjoy.