Whippet or lurcher?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She's bull/whip/grey x beddy/grey baw, a real flyer tbh and one of the fastest dogs I've owned.

A great little dog and I would say the most entertaining dog I have seen to run rabbits either night or day. But in all seriousness would it physically stand lamping several nights a week in the winte

Baw , you fooking philistine ,get yourself a whippet ,enjoy the poetry and beauty a decent whippet will bring to your life , stand back in amazment while the little warrior does his thing efficiently

Posted Images

I think it's safe to say, after reading all the replies........... You can shove yer whippets up yer arse :laugh:

One day you will see the light , and realise your life has no meaning without one . I will pray for you .

I'll ask the nazerene to have a word too stan. :D

• Like 1

i think whippets are superb dogs but imo it would have to be a lurcher.

BUT

whippets are the best of both worlds. they can get out and do a job and when your ill as fcuk like me now, youve got something to feel sorry for you and cuddle up to :thumbs:

yes, its no secret. im spooning my 19" blue killing machine right now :laugh:

to be fair, that little blue bitch was mustard around nets and picking up bolters she never gave a false mark once, she was the only dog ive owned that would crown a layed up ferret, she had the heart of a lion but her body didnt match it. i still have a soft spot for whippets and fair play to the lads that run them. :thumbs:

By your discription of you whippets ferreting ablility you dont need much else for the ferreting job. But as you say if you were ferreting all day them lamping the same night i would think a well bred lurcher would be the better choice. I prefer ferreting and use a beddy whippet which i am very happy with but i would have liked her to have turned out a little bigger, only 18 1/2", i like one around 22-23" best.

Can't knock a whippet in the right hands great little dogs

Low maintinaces with explosive power

Big difference in the working lines this is what u want if u get 1

But the lurcher has it in the bag you can breed in what you like

But can't go wrong with some whippet in there

Worked Kittles whippet a fair bit, and I love watching her work, so much that I got a dog with whippet in it,, but only a cross with whippet in it, it`s still a lurcher.

would not have a pure whippet for working, no point while theres lurchers available

Worked Kittles whippet a fair bit, and I love watching her work, so much that I got a dog with whippet in it,, but only a cross with whippet in it, it`s still a lurcher.

would not have a pure whippet for working, no point while theres lurchers available

On a serious note.

My whippet is my pride and joy. I absolutley adore the wee dog.

But being honest for a tough, durable dog for flatout work, nobody can deny a lurcher is the best option. My lurcher is far faster than my whippet.

But im sure i wont go long without a whippet in my life. I dont know if its just my whippet but the companionship and loyalty is phenominal.

I personally wouldnt be the same without the wee dog.

On a serious note.

My whippet is my pride and joy. I absolutley adore the wee dog.

But being honest for a tough, durable dog for flatout work, nobody can deny a lurcher is the best option. My lurcher is far faster than my whippet.

But im sure i wont go long without a whippet in my life. I dont know if its just my whippet but the companionship and loyalty is phenominal.

I personally wouldnt be the same without the wee dog.

I agree,, and lucy is a wee sweetie as well.

Like I say, enjoy watching them work, but the big collie x is the business in my book